Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

Man... I'm pretty sure that we'll never see a 1-2 like this again in college football. I don't mean at Texas, I mean anywhere, ever.

It's unreal... and that it is happening at Texas.... words...

Think about this.. it's actually reasonable to speculate that it's possible UT could pull down back to back Heismans. 

Let that sink in. Just, sit with it a minute. That me saying that isn't insane homer bullshit. It's not... 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Man... I'm pretty sure that we'll never see a 1-2 like this again in college football. I don't mean at Texas, I mean anywhere, ever.

It's unreal... and that it is happening at Texas.... words...

Think about this.. it's actually reasonable to speculate that it's possible UT could pull down back to back Heismans. 

Let that sink in. Just, sit with it a minute. That me saying that isn't insane homer bullshit. It's not... 

While I support this 100%, let’s just focus on this season one game at a time

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

No doubt he's a true generational talent, exactly like VY. 

UT has one National Title in my lifetime, and it took a generational talent at QB to pull that one off.

UT has a very talented qb room this season. Hopefully one of them steps up and leads this team to the promise land 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

While I support this 100%, let’s just focus on this season one game at a time

Look man, there are three aspects to life. 

1) acknowledging the past. It's important but don't live in it

2) living in the moment. What happened earlier tonight on the field isn't "this moment" but it falls into that general category 

3) dreaming/planning of/for the future

Yes, 1 game at a time, 1 season at a time.

However, there are special times in life you should truly recognize the amazing reality of the moment. The stop and smell the roses. 

This is one of those and it's okay to appreciate the reality of the moment, they are fleeting. It's magical and you are welcome to view it a different way. I've lived through a lot of shit football, shit coaching and not great players.

I'm fucking enjoying this moment. You can too.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

How did we get so lucky?  Kid is the exact opposite of ego and entitlement.  In fact you could say that because he comes from a great background, he’s content to be patient, but that’s not how it usually works.  Then when he gets a chance to play, he exceeds the otherworldly expectations that has been heaped on him.  Crazy.  

13 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

How did we get so lucky?  Kid is the exact opposite of ego and entitlement.  In fact you could say that because he comes from a great background, he’s content to be patient, but that’s not how it usually works.  Then when he gets a chance to play, he exceeds the otherworldly expectations that has been heaped on him.  Crazy.  

The dude is fucking with my shit, and I say, "aight".

16 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Both QB’s are the epitome of what I would want a Texas QB to aspire to. Just gotta finish the job with a Longhorn National championship. That’s all it takes to achieve eternal greatness in Austin

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

UT has one National Title in my lifetime, and it took a generational talent at QB to pull that one off.

UT has a very talented qb room this season. Hopefully one of them steps up and leads this team to the promise land 

Ewers has the talent. I truly believe it will happen. Manning is a prodigy, and the weapons he has around him is absurd. Next year as a full-time starter, he'll have Cook, Wingo, Moore, Niblack, Lockett, and Ffrench. As well as whomever Sark brings in from the portal, which we know he will. 

The defense will be fine. We'll add more DT/NT from the portal, January, Bryant, (hopefully it he can stop eating) Mitchell, Sharma, Charles, (probably) Sims, (hopefully) Wynn. I know I'm missing a few on the DL that's already here. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock