Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

If we are glancing forward to next year, my only question is the OL Arch will have in front of him. We are going to say goodbye to a ton of experience up front after this year.

with transfer portal + NIL there are ZERO reasons for a blue blood program to have a 'down year' at any group/position (even more so at OL and DL)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, the o-line will be a question mark. We know Goosby will be fine. Campbell will be back because his NFL grade won't be high enough. Center will probably be Robertson/Cruz, which I have no idea how good either is. Cole Hutson will take over for Conner. The only true question will be RT. Will it be Cojoe or Baker?

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

with transfer portal + NIL there are ZERO reasons for a blue blood program to have a 'down year' at any group/position (even more so at OL and DL)

I get that, but there is no position group where chemistry is more important. Seems like plug-and-play is a little dicier here.

• Hook 'Em 1

It will be interesting what happens if Arch does start the next 2 games. 

ULM and Miss State (gave up 30 and 41 in the last 2 weeks against unranked teams). Arch is probably going to put up video game numbers against both those teams if he starts. 

Can you bench Arch if he's putting up video game numbers in 3 straight weeks? 

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Oh, for fuck's sake. Quinn is not getting demoted. Quit asking stupid questions.

I think it's unlikely but you're kidding yourself if isn't a thought assuming Arch goes off in these next 2 games. 

At some point, you have to ride a guy that's putting up the type numbers he is. 14/18, 6 touchdowns, no turnovers, and over 300 yards passing with limited passing attempts is insane even given the competition. 

If he's putting up similar numbers in the next 2 weeks, I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as you think it is. 

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Manning MADNESS in Austin | Arch Accounts for 5 TDs vs UTSA | Texas Longhorns Football | Reactions 

The way Arch handled that interview it was like listening to a 15 year Pro NFL QB.  He gave all the right answers about coaches, teammates, preparation.  He sounded like Brady answering a question which is impressive for a college kid who just played his first meaningful game.  

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It will be interesting what happens if Arch does start the next 2 games. 

ULM and Miss State (gave up 30 and 41 in the last 2 weeks against unranked teams). Arch is probably going to put up video game numbers against both those teams if he starts. 

Can you bench Arch if he's putting up video game numbers in 3 straight weeks? 

Yes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think it's unlikely but you're kidding yourself if isn't a thought assuming Arch goes off in these next 2 games. 

At some point, you have to ride a guy that's putting up the type numbers he is. 14/18, 6 touchdowns, no turnovers, and over 300 yards passing with limited passing attempts is insane even given the competition. 

If he's putting up similar numbers in the next 2 weeks, I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as you think it is. 

A thought for whom? The coach who’s been starting Ewers and deals with the two every day? Or randos on the Internet? Because randos on the internet have the thought that the earth is flat. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I get that, but there is no position group where chemistry is more important. Seems like plug-and-play is a little dicier here.

I agree with you but based on our schedule, the backups should get a ton of time this year.   Rotation should be on the coaches minds when games like yesterday happen.  

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

You have ZERO understanding of how an OL works. 

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It isn’t even a fleeting thought. Except to internet morons. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, UncleSonny said:

You may want to check in on how that’s going for Florida State 

that’s why you need gold staff scouting potential targets 

horrible qb choice over there. i think things will swing back to kids wanting to stay in one place but some kids will easily be $$$ motivated 

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

imo, those days are gone. it’s a year to roster now. curious if ut has staff dedicated to scouting  potential transfer targets 

but yes, the OL is heart beat of the team 

Your opinions are terrible and I don’t care to read further. I’m just here to make fun of you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I can’t believe I’m responding to this….

by all accounts Quinn is the unquestioned leader on this team and you don’t bench that guy after an injury (read: not poor performance) regardless of what his backup does in his place. The chemistry/locker room issues alone it would cause make it a non-starter.

Now if this is a month-long injury and arch puts up those kind of near perfect numbers in Dallas and against the UGA D…. it’s still a “no” but I will allow there will be some discussion.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

If we are glancing forward to next year, my only question is the OL Arch will have in front of him. We are going to say goodbye to a ton of experience up front after this year.

The only thing that will be lacking is the experience. And I don’t see that as a reason we should look to the portal. The 9.95 reports and those in the know on here have stated that the coaches love what they have for the future. I think I slight bump in the road would be if Williams decides to leave after this year. 

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Arch Manning 5 TOTAL TDs in Texas’ blowout win vs. UTSA | ESPN College Football

The obvious is obvious, but the big takeaway from Manning's performance is in the details.  Details that have nothing to do with whether or not he was playing against UTSA or BAMA/UGA.

The quick release on the Golden slant was unreal.  You see it again when it really mattered - on the long TD to Wingo.  Watch that play again.  Without that insanely quick release, Manning never gets that throw away or it's a floating duck that gets picked off.  He was hit by the D-line and barely got it off as it was.

Those little details are what makes him good and will make him great.  Add in reading coverage/defenses and making good decision...from great to elite.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Stop it, there is zero tape on Manning UTSA was coverning him incorrectly plus all those busted coverages lead to video game numbers, As long as he is healthy Quinn is still the best QB in the roster and country.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nothing is more indicative of where Sark has taken the program than thinking how excited we were that Squints was being replaced by Colt’s brother. 

I was thinking about that last night. Ten years ago, our QB room was Jerrod Heard and Tyrone Swoopes. Today, it’s Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1