Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The others reacted against it, particularly because he was trying to align the situation with the ATM situation.

nana changing GIF

That is some Sooner-level education there.  Weigman (225 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT) -> Reed is the same as Ewers (691 yards, 8 TD, 2 INT) -> Arch because.... both starting QBs got hurt? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Quinn is the GUY heading into the RRS. Arch will get great experience the next two weeks while Quinn heals. He was 14/16, after a “thumb” injury caused a misplaced throw for an INT. One of his incomplete passes.

Dude was sharp prior to the injury and Sark knows that. I roll Quinn for OU, knowing that he has an even more “experienced” Arch if the time comes!

No more “killing the clock” kneel downs for Arch!

Hook’em!!!

49 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

If Arch passes for four touchdowns and 300 yards on Saturday, he will be the new, permanent starter. 

If Trey Owens comes in during the third quarter and passes for six touchdowns and 600 yards, he will replace Manning as the new, permanent starter. 

And if Cole Lourde comes in during the fourth quarter and somehow passes for 1,500 yards and twelve touchdowns, he will be the new permanent starter.  

Lourd_Cole_2023.png?width=300

• Hook 'Em 2

These people are morons. If Quinn is healthy he is the starter, anyone suggesting otherwise is a fucking moron that didn't actually watch the game against UTSA, when Arch struggled after his 1st 3 plays of the game. He was dangerously close to getting another 3 and out, before a really good throw to Golden to pick up the 1st down and that settled him down. 
I look at it this way, Arch isn't ready to navigate the pocket the way Quinn did against Michigan, it took Quinn 3 years to understand how to do it, and Quinn doesn't take that horrible sack against UTSA on the field corner blitz.
If Quinn struggles with Georgia, which is a doubtful premise, given how he plays in big games, Sarkisian isn't yanking him for Arch.

this

Mike Farrell on Full Ride today was his usual idiotic self today when talking about Manning, doubling down on his hawtest take of all time that Arch would be a 3 star if his name was Arch Smith. Compared the performance against UTSA to Arch posting stats at a private school in HS. Basically said he’s gifted at punching down and would never produce against the Georgias of the world. 

It’s going to be very compelling next year and beyond to watch Manning shove all of that bullshit down these idiots’ throats. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Farrell was on College Sports Radio today, and said he stands by his claim that Manning would have been a 3* recruit if he had a different last name. The fact that anyone could watch last week's game film and not see that the kid has immense talent is beyond me. This is Quinn's team, but Arch will be special next year. 

I wish we could put all the Arch bashers in a capsule with all the "Arch should start" guys and shoot them into a black hole somewhere.

On 9/18/2024 at 10:10 AM, Longhornlove said:

Holy crap! The long roll out pass to Wingo looked amazing on broadcast, but seeing it from the top down angle is insane. Rolling out squaring up and launching that 40+ yards down field and placing it safely for Wingo out of the reach of the DB is nuts. Forget that’s it’s up against UTSA, that’s a throw that most P4 starting QB’s couldn’t make in a game of 7 on 7

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Farrell was on College Sports Radio today, and said he stands by his claim that Manning would have been a 3* recruit if he had a different last name. The fact that anyone could watch last week's game film and not see that the kid has immense talent is beyond me. This is Quinn's team, but Arch will be special next year. 

I wish we could put all the Arch bashers in a capsule with all the "Arch should start" guys and shoot them into a black hole somewhere.

Honestly, a Thunderdome would be more entertaining. We just don’t let anyone leave. 

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Glad to see Farrell is making the rounds to prove to the few that don’t already know it that he shouldn’t be taken seriously as a college football talent evaluator. Or much of anything else, for that matter. 

Considering he's always promoting whatever his website is (no idea as I would never consider giving that fat moron a single click) it sure seems like he is paying to be on their show.    And I'm a big fan of full ride but any Mike Farrell segment is an auto tune out.  

34 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Glad to see Farrell is making the rounds to prove to the few that don’t already know it that he shouldn’t be taken seriously as a college football talent evaluator. Or much of anything else, for that matter. 

First I've heard of the clown. Another among many.

It's almost as if they don't realize Arch was probably coming in the series after Ewers went down anyways and afterwards Trey Owens as well. His injury didn't expedite it by much IMO. It's good to finally have a HC who understands the need to get the backups reps, most especially the QBs, and a team capable of the comfortable margins necessary to afford the opportunities.

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

Listening to that section of the show now.  He's such a cocky fuck.

Farrell is getting exactly what he intended. Troll job has people talking about him and his hot take.

These pundits say all kinds of stupid shit. They'll be proved wrong eventually but by then they'll have said numerous other stupid shit and everyone just kinda moves on. It's not like he's going to get fired. If that were the normal outcome, Kunt Bohls would've been fired decades ago.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

46 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

It's almost as if they don't realize Arch was probably coming in the series after Ewers went down anyways and afterwards Trey Owens as well. His injury didn't expedite it by much IMO. 

No.  Quinn would have played the entire first half, minimum.

50 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Farrell is getting exactly what he intended. Troll job has people talking about him and his hot take.

These pundits say all kinds of stupid shit. They'll be proved wrong eventually but by then they'll have said numerous other stupid shit and everyone just kinda moves on. It's not like he's going to get fired. If that were the normal outcome, Kunt Bohls would've been fired decades ago.

Well, he's already been fired, so ...

Farrell's behavior is pretty straightforward when it comes to Texas and a few other big programs - say as much negative and conspiratorial shit about the program, the players, and their fans as you can, as often as you can. It drives clicks and clicks are all this idiot can hope for these days.

He hired Childers back in the day, so Childers throws him a weekly bone and then shills for him while he's on. I'm not sure how Neuheisel is okay compromising by having this imbecile on, but he does. He knows fully well that Farrell is a know-nothing tub of goo who was unceremoniously shitcanned by his last employer and couldn't get on anywhere else that was credible. What I don't know is if  either guy is aware that Farrell has a history of stalking underaged females and asking them to include kitchen utensils in suggestive photos to him in order to satisfy his weird fetishes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2