Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

3 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This reminds me of Vince Young's first action at Texas, when Dan Fouts said "I guarantee you there's a bunch of guys in houston right now who never played him in highschool who are talking about how they tackled him" haha

Repped because I thoroughly enjoyed the posted video. But that was not Dan Fouts. I believe that was Joel Myers on PBP who actually made the referenced comment, and Dave Latham ( FACE RAPE!) on color.

But got damn thanks for the memories.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rudy Rutabaga said:

Repped because I thoroughly enjoyed the posted video. But that was not Dan Fouts. I believe that was Joel Myers on PBP who actually made the referenced comment, and Dave Latham ( FACE RAPE!) on color.

Man. Meyers and Lapham were great. I assume that Meyers has died of lung cancer and that Lapham has either been murdered by a super serious Big 12 fan or he is still calling Bengals games. 

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Man. Meyers and Lapham were great. I assume that Meyers has died of lung cancer and that Lapham has either been murdered by a super serious Big 12 fan or he is still calling Bengals games. 

Not that anyone gives a rank fart, but Meyers calls New Orleans Pelicans games. (I occasionally hear him on the 10-minute YouTube highlight clips I watch, which is mainly how I follow NBA games.)

And I agree, he is 100% awesome along with Lapham. Hearing those guys immediately reminds me of some early 2000s random beatdowns of Baylor or Kansas with those two on the call for Fox Sports Southwest. 

Edited by Llewelyn Moss
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Lapham was/is awesome.  He said some weird stuff ("football geometry").  But you could tell he loved football and had a good time calling the games without taking himself to seriously.

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Holy crap! The long roll out pass to Wingo looked amazing on broadcast, but seeing it from the top down angle is insane. Rolling out squaring up and launching that 40+ yards down field and placing it safely for Wingo out of the reach of the DB is nuts. Forget that’s it’s up against UTSA, that’s a throw that most P4 starting QB’s couldn’t make in a game of 7 on 7

The film room analysis you linked broke down two really interesting things:

1.  Manning went through a stretch where he struggled a bit.  It's hard to recall after his first pass TD, running play, the Wingo throw and the last TD pass, but it's really important to note for those trying to argue that Arch needs to start over Ewers.  It's a dumb argument because at QB limited sample size against poor opposition means nothing.  Could have had a pick six that we got lucky on.  

2.  Sark  ran some simple plays after he struggled to try to build some confidence again.  It helped.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

Not that anyone gives a rank fart, but Meyers calls New Orleans Pelicans games. (I occasionally hear him on the 10-minute YouTube highlight clips I watch, which is mainly how I follow NBA games.)

And I agree, he is 100% awesome along with Lapham. Hearing those guys immediately reminds me of some early 2000s random beatdowns of Baylor or Kansas with those two on the call for Fox Sports Southwest. 

Lapham was so awful he was awesome. Like a poor man’s John Madden 

but yeah something about those two together was great.

or maybe it’s just because we were great when we all remember them calling our games.

if it were the strong/herman years, I bet we don’t view them as fondly 

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hammer feet!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

Meyers has a great voice for announcing. Loved those two.

18 hours ago, Rudy Rutabaga said:

Same about the memories. That was my first game at DKR. Second UT game ever. Great way to kick it off.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Lapham was so awful he was awesome. Like a poor man’s John Madden 

but yeah something about those two together was great.

or maybe it’s just because we were great when we all remember them calling our games.

if it were the strong/herman years, I bet we don’t view them as fondly 

That’s a great point. (No sarcasm) I wonder how I’d feel if Brando/Tillman were switched with Meyers/Lapham for those old games. 

guess we’ll never know 

On 9/18/2024 at 7:52 AM, closetojumping said:

Dari Nowkhah, a sooner and somehow also an SEC honk, was on Dusty and Danny this morning hammering the controversy angle. The others reacted against it, particularly because he was trying to align the situation with the ATM situation.

What’s funny is that this guy was one of the media people running with “ranking due to name only” as a thing prior to this season. Now he’s talking up the idea of Manning throwing for 8 more touchdowns before Ewers returns and needing to stay on as the starter. Assholes like Mike Farrell soon to follow suit, no doubt.

Mike Farrell will never admit to his retardation. He will die on that hill even if Manning wins a NC. He'll go with the narrative that it was all Sark, not "talent". 

He's the lowest common denominator. 

On 9/18/2024 at 10:30 AM, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Should see how much his autograph cards are selling for these days…👀👀

A little off-topic, but he and Marvin Harrison Jr if he ever signs on to do autographs. Through the roof and will be $300+ depending on the rarity of the set. Panini will go lower, but Panini select will probably go for $600+, and that's not adding in getting them evaluated from BGS or PSA. 

I have a Bryce Harper topps variant RC graded from both BGS and PSA (BGS graded 9.5 and PSA 10)

I also have a Shohei Ohtani RC graded BGS 10 and PSA 10, both of those go for $1500+. 

I used to collect, but stopped because they keep releasing set after set, and this was when there were Topps (which both are. Topps Chrome/Topps). I don't go for the high end sets because I just refuse to pay that much for no guarantee that I'll get either. 

My holy grail is a Mike Trout, which I will shell out, but that's it. Just waiting for it to drop a little in price. 

So, essentially, Arch and MHJ regular will go for $150-$300 ungraded, autographs I can't even imagine and I don't want to look. 

Sorry for posting back to back to back posts, @SydneyCarton. Old habits are hard to break. I'm working on breaking that habit to not spam the board. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

On 9/19/2024 at 4:59 PM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This reminds me of Vince Young's first action at Texas, when Dan Fouts said "I guarantee you there's a bunch of guys in houston right now who never played him in highschool who are talking about how they tackled him" haha

Nicer shade of orange you had back then. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

A little off-topic, but he and Marvin Harrison Jr if he ever signs on to do autographs. Through the roof and will be $300+ depending on the rarity of the set. Panini will go lower, but Panini select will probably go for $600+, and that's not adding in getting them evaluated from BGS or PSA. 

I have a Bryce Harper topps variant RC graded from both BGS and PSA (BGS graded 9.5 and PSA 10)

I also have a Shohei Ohtani RC graded BGS 10 and PSA 10, both of those go for $1500+. 

I used to collect, but stopped because they keep releasing set after set, and this was when there were Topps (which both are. Topps Chrome/Topps). I don't go for the high end sets because I just refuse to pay that much for no guarantee that I'll get either. 

My holy grail is a Mike Trout, which I will shell out, but that's it. Just waiting for it to drop a little in price. 

So, essentially, Arch and MHJ regular will go for $150-$300 ungraded, autographs I can't even imagine and I don't want to look. 

Sorry for posting back to back to back posts, @SydneyCarton. Old habits are hard to break. I'm working on breaking that habit to not spam the board. 

WTF are you babbling about now?

• Hook 'Em 2