Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

WTF are you babbling about now?

Hobbies. Someone mentioned how much Anch card would go for, so I compared them to other prodigies, so Arch, depending on the set will easily eclipse $150-$300 and the price wlll only rise. He's prodigy, and he's almost guaranteed to be successful, so his cards will be worth a ton. 

20 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Hobbies. Someone mentioned how much Anch card would go for, so I compared them to other prodigies, so Arch, depending on the set will easily eclipse $150-$300 and the price wlll only rise. He's prodigy, and he's almost guaranteed to be successful, so his cards will be worth a ton. 

Oh, OK.  Are you a world class Chutes and Ladders guy, too?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

WTF are you babbling about now?

Something something sammiches  

3 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

He said "NSIAP", so he can do whatever he wants.

With all due respect, and I mean all due respect, that ain’t worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on. 

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Pard games? Pfft. Those are for plebs 

My Hobbie is collecting rare vinyl and rare posters. But I couldnt pass on those cards. 

Btw, out of curiosity, what's your hobby? 

Not football related, but I build electric guitars and update the electronics, hardware, and setup on cheap ones to make them awesome. I've made a couple Fireflies and Epiphones sound and play almost as well as my Gibsons and Fenders

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, campcrunk said:

Not football related, but I build electric guitars and update the electronics, hardware, and setup on cheap ones to make them awesome. I've made a couple Fireflies and Epiphones sound and play almost as well as my Gibsons and Fenders

Dude, that is absolutely so baller. Truly. I had never thought about something like that. That's awesome, dude.  I mean it. That's seriously a sweet hobby tjag you should be proud of. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Dude, that is absolutely so baller. Truly. I had never thought about something like that. That's awesome, dude.  I mean it. That's seriously a sweet hobby tjag you should be proud of. 

Thanks, man - it's a lot of fun. I wish I had more time for it these days but work is usually pretty insane. Here's my current project that's been sitting in the garage, unfinished for far too long

Latest.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

Just now, campcrunk said:

Thanks, man - it's a lot of fun. I wish I had more time for it these days but work is usually pretty insane. Here's my current project that's been sitting in the garage, unfinished for far too long

Latest.jpg

Whoa. That is so beautiful. I love reading about people's hobbies, and seeing pictures is the apex. 

I feel you on I wish I had more. I just a few hobbies try to keep up witg even when work just causes me to drown,vinyl that I've besn desperate to have (helps witg depression during my current my current divorce), but I've been collecting for probably 20 years; the. I have steelbooks for movies I have meeting for years and years.ate one I got was a American Psycho, so it's little this that help that I've got more time to stake my mind off of tgjnfd.

Serious question - have you found a message board to discuss your hobby? With my two I found that conversing with others has really helped, and not only are they great people, they help with finding what I need. 

59 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Whoa. That is so beautiful. I love reading about people's hobbies, and seeing pictures is the apex. 

I feel you on I wish I had more. I just a few hobbies try to keep up witg even when work just causes me to drown,vinyl that I've besn desperate to have (helps witg depression during my current my current divorce), but I've been collecting for probably 20 years; the. I have steelbooks for movies I have meeting for years and years.ate one I got was a American Psycho, so it's little this that help that I've got more time to stake my mind off of tgjnfd.

Serious question - have you found a message board to discuss your hobby? With my two I found that conversing with others has really helped, and not only are they great people, they help with finding what I need. 

Thanks so much! There were a couple about guitar wiring and some FB groups that were really helpful, actually

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Is sitting in the garage drinking beer considered a hobby ?

Asking for a friend…..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

or maybe it’s just because we were great when we all remember them calling our games.

if it were the strong/herman years, I bet we don’t view them as fondly 

Kermit The Frog No GIF by Muppet Wiki

Can't be true. Because we're the fucking number 1 team in the country now and I still don't like Gus Johnson enthusiastically bumbling and stumbling his way through our games. 

Those 2 were just solid. 

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Kermit The Frog No GIF by Muppet Wiki

Can't be true. Because we're the fucking number 1 team in the country now and I still don't like Gus Johnson enthusiastically bumbling and stumbling his way through our games. 

Those 2 were just solid. 

Yeah i always liked Joel Meyers. He used to do Spurs games as well. He's just a quality broadcaster. Listening to some of the clowns they let on the air now makes you realize that it does take actual talent. It's not just "turn the mic on and talk".

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Is sitting in the garage drinking beer considered a hobby ?

Asking for a friend…..

As long as you looking at your football cards or a guitar you're never going to finish. 

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah i always liked Joel Meyers. He used to do Spurs games as well. He's just a quality broadcaster. Listening to some of the clowns they let on the air now makes you realize that it does take actual talent. It's not just "turn the mic on and talk".

We get Fozzy and Galindo.  Like old times on LHN.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I used to do this with cheap-ass computers from Microcenter back in the 90's. I'd buy one of their refurbed cheap pre-built computers for like $150, gut everything but the case, mobo, psu, and ram, throw in a better CPU, a sound blaster, and a voodoo 2/3, then sell them to people for a couple of grand profit. I made a ton of money doing this in highschool.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

he’s locking into receivers, he’s got happy feet; some people here (and around college football) need to let this kid play a little while before crowning him. he’s got everything needed to be that good except for experience. 

ftr i think that the hype about what could become is 100% deserved. just give him some time.

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I used to do this with cheap-ass computers from Microcenter back in the 90's. I'd buy one of their refurbed cheap pre-built computers for like $150, gut everything but the case, mobo, psu, and ram, throw in a better CPU, a sound blaster, and a voodoo 2/3, then sell them to people for a couple of grand profit. I made a ton of money doing this in highschool.

Very cool. Randomly enough, my high school age son is doing very similar stuff - building/upgrading CPUs and selling them. 

2 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Very cool. Randomly enough, my high school age son is doing very similar stuff - building/upgrading CPUs and selling them. 

IIRC this is basically how Dell got started too. If I were just a bit older when this was going on, I would have tried to make a legit business out of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He throws such a pretty, catchable, accurate ball to all levels. Just needs a best or two longer to see it right now. 

It's so easy to forget he's younger right now than Colt McCoy was when Colt got his first start. Arch is still a baby freshman, he just got here super early. Colt was 5 days away from turning 20 when Colt started, Arch won't turn 20 until next april.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He throws such a pretty, catchable, accurate ball to all levels. Just needs a best or two longer to see it right now. 

No he doesn’t.  Mechanics are horrible.  Wouldn’t crack third on our QB depth chart. Should be ULM’s QB.  Will flame out in the NFL, if he even makes it.

<buzz in>  “What are things aggy would say?”

Yes, correct.  You still control the board.  Pick a topic.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Derka said:

he’s locking into receivers, he’s got happy feet; some people here (and around college football) need to let this kid play a little while before crowning him. he’s got everything needed to be that good except for experience. 

Hes got 130 yards and 2 TDs in 1 quarter. 

27 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

IIRC this is basically how Dell got started too. If I were just a bit older when this was going on, I would have tried to make a legit business out of it.

That's actually his plan. He's got a FAR better mind for that kind of thing that I ever will. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Hes got 130 yards and 2 TDs in 1 quarter. 

people are calling him the second best qb in america, the future heisman winner, and future no.1 pick, all before he’s ever started a game at Texas. that’s too much. my comments aren’t so much about arch as they are the ron pawlus-like expectations being heaved upon him.

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 1

Arch didn't play well but still had 258 yards and 2 TDs in 3 quarters.

Hope he learned some things.

It's a long season. 12 games plus a possible SEC Title game and 12 team playoff. It is possible Ewers might get hurt again and we will need Arch against somebody better than ULM and UTSA.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So very good game for Arch but it also showed that he’s still very inexperienced and has a lot to work on. Can’t wait to have Ewers back. 

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

Tonight couldn’t have gone any better. This will quiet some of the noise about Arch starting. Ewers comes back healthy for the rest of the year and Arch takes over next year just as planned. 

Agree with this. Arch has gotten some great reps and even starting experience, and he’s showed a ton of potential. But he also showed tonight that he’s got a ways to go and Quinn is clearly the best QB on the team right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2