Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

It will be amazing to watch him continue to learn and grow. 

Not bad stats for a second start. It’s hard to imagine he won’t turn 20 until the end of April. At any rate we have an embarrassment of riches at QB.

hoping QE is ready to go after the bye week. 
looking at the Georgia v Bama game it appears Georgia didn’t understand ESPN’s assignment to have No1 v No2 in Austin. But hopefully QE will be ready to light it up. 

we are truly blessed. Hook’em! 

IMG_2586.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Quinn is our starter. But holy shit, Arch is so fucking good. His leap from Spring Game last year to now is fucking mind blowing. 

we have never had a redshirt freshman qb who was even in the same stratosphere as Arch at this point in his career. he’s got the whole package. 

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, millhouse said:

The speed in which he goes through progressions/makes decisions vs Quinn is noticeable, but damn if he isn't light years ahead of any "back up" we've had had in a long long time

I can feel like he can take a bit too much time making progressions,  but when the o line gives him time, he's going to make the right decision. Quinn is ahead on processing time, but Arch's footwork and pocket maneuvering in only his 2nd year was incredible today. That crossing route he hit after shuffling away from one defender..... He's got the technique down. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 10:49 AM, Pimphand said:

Agree but I'm not going to lie I want him to start vs Blow U so he finally sees a legit college defense but opposite their shittastic offensive line & scheme we run very little risk of losing even if he fucks up on a couple of possessions.  Keep Ewers on the sideline unless things get close.

I do not want him starting the Georgia game unless we are trying to trick UGA and then send Ewers in for the 2nd drive and beyond.

Have you had a TBI?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TexasMan said:

5 incompletions against an SEC defense is insane. 

The future is bright. 

i would add that Miss State rolled out a trash plan on D. they rushed 4, even sometimes 3 players, allowing the longer routes to develop down the field. These are his strengths. His weaknesses are flares to the flat and screens. I would have thought the strategy would be to blitz more often and force him to make those types of throws. 

Or maybe they blitzed more than I remember and they sucked at it. 

15 hours ago, FOXHOUND said:

Arch has a higher ceiling,  

and what is Quinn’s ceiling?  he has more arm talent than anyone in the country.  if we’re talking about “ceilings” I think the ceiling for someone who can make any throw on the field and process a defense is as high as you can get for a quarterback.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, RichUT said:

He overthrew a post to Juan Davis and a wheel to Blue. Not sure on the other. 

Again. As well as he’s done for his first real action, he’s missed a couple of throws that were easier than some of the ones he’s hit. Really looking forward to seeing him once everything has slowed down for him. He seems good at football. 

12 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

The Daily Mail is my go-to for all things college football.

That’s just it. DM doesn’t run a lot of college football stories at all. But a ho-hum win merits a story on their main feed when Arch is the QB. He’s getting us good PR in places that other schools don’t reach.

4 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Again. As well as he’s done for his first real action, he’s missed a couple of throws that were easier than some of the ones he’s hit. Really looking forward to seeing him once everything has slowed down for him. He seems good at football. 

He’s better than Quinn at deep balls but definitely worse at swings and wheels that require more touch. I’m hoping he picks up some of Quinn’s deftness on those throws before Quinn leaves for the league. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, RichUT said:

He’s better than Quinn at deep balls but definitely worse at swings and wheels that require more touch. I’m hoping he picks up some of Quinn’s deftness on those throws before Quinn leaves for the league. 

Agreed. Given how fundamental they are to what Sarkisian wants to do, improvement there seems pretty important. I’m pretty confident it will get sorted. 

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

Shea Morenz comes to mind

I was in the stands the first time he came in and played mop up duty. One of his first drives ended with him throwing a pick and the fan base was so enamored with him that they still gave him a warm round of applause as he jogged off the field. It was almost like a “Great first try buddy! You’ll get em next time!” sort of thing. 

Little did everyone know that he’d end up making that something of a habit. 

6 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The “would be a 3-star if his last name was Smith” crowd has gotten REAL quiet these last few weeks. 

Those morons were all aggy dorks and unfortunately they’ll never be quiet even when arch wins Texas their second straight national title and he wins the heisman.