Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

13m is nice.  But it ain’t 300m.  Arch can exceed that 300m.  13m is not grandkids don’t have to work money. 

no lock that he leaves next year.  It depends on the team with the #1 pick imo.  

I mean, if you aren’t stupid, depending on the number of kids, yeah, for $13mil you can probably get away with not working.

Has this question been asked? This situation can arise anytime you have two Stellar QBs. A little mind exercise.

I think it's a good bet Quinn starts against OU. If I'm wrong, missed some news, whatever, skip to next comment. But let's say he starts and looks like a QB who hasn't started a game in a month. Timing's off. Throws a couple of pics, takes a few sacks - just a possible scenario, mind you, and the Horns just can't seem to get on track. After two and a half quarters, the offense has put up ten or so points, and OU has a 14pt lead and their offense is working..,..

Should Sark, at that point, put in our budding superstar to try and change the dynamics? What if we get to the fourth quarter, Quinn's in and nothing's changed? I think Sark needs to do it.

It's not a changing of the guard, it's just a good backup QB doing what he's supposed to do. I think Quinn can handle the pressure in the weeks going forward, and I'd expect him to start again the week after OU.

• Fuck You 12

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Has this question been asked? This situation can arise anytime you have two Stellar QBs. A little mind exercise.

I think it's a good bet Quinn starts against OU. If I'm wrong, missed some news, whatever, skip to next comment. But let's say he starts and looks like a QB who hasn't started a game in a month. Timing's off. Throws a couple of pics, takes a few sacks - just a possible scenario, mind you, and the Horns just can't seem to get on track. After two and a half quarters, the offense has put up ten or so points, and OU has a 14pt lead and their offense is working..,..

Should Sark, at that point, put in our budding superstar to try and change the dynamics? What if we get to the fourth quarter, Quinn's in and nothing's changed? I think Sark needs to do it.

It's not a changing of the guard, it's just a good backup QB doing what he's supposed to do. I think Quinn can handle the pressure in the weeks going forward, and I'd expect him to start again the week after OU.

Why don't you just do us all and forever and end the ruse. Just come out with a big "ARCH SHOULD STARTS!!!" post and get on with it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Figuring out timing in the pocket is an experience thing.

I’m more concerned about whether or not the guy can consistently hit the wheel route. I’m betting routes of that nature will be a major source of focus for him over time. I don’t think there’s anyone better on those types of touch passes than Ewers and it’s a major part of Sarkisian’s offensive structure. Flats, outs and wheels, all with the target moving away the ball rapidly. 

The wheel route on Saturday seemed like a definite throw away to me. There was an unblocked blitzer and Blue wasn't open. 

The swing pass to Wingo was probably his worst throw of the day. Backwards laterals are a huge no-no. Like that thing was two yards off where it should have been. He was actually really good at those throws in high school so I'm a bit surprised that's where his struggles are now. He'll get it figured out though. 

8 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Do you think Arch and his family would feel more disrespected if Quinn struggled and Arch doesn't get a chance, or if Quinn plays well and Arch doesn't get garbage time snaps? 

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Figuring out timing in the pocket is an experience thing.

I’m more concerned about whether or not the guy can consistently hit the wheel route. I’m betting routes of that nature will be a major source of focus for him over time. I don’t think there’s anyone better on those types of touch passes than Ewers and it’s a major part of Sarkisian’s offensive structure. Flats, outs and wheels, all with the target moving away the ball rapidly. 

Yeah, the thing that Mac Jones was really good with in college was accuracy/timing on wheels and screens. He was deadly at those. With the talent Bama had, it's no wonder he looked really good. But you could always see he didn't really have a strong arm, he wasn't NFL caliber.

I think Ewers is just as good as Jones was at the short stuff, with the bonus of having a bigger arm and better throwing downfield. The only thing that makes him suspect is the fact that he gets injured every year. This latest injury was especially soft.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Either way it won't be a rash decision.  But I don't think 25 starts is a msut have.

Quinn has talked about seeing statistics showing the high correlation between having at least 25 college starts and success in the NFL.  It's a big reason he decided to come back this year.

I think there is a near-zero chance the Manning family is not aware of that data.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

It was asked a couple of years ago and Sarkisian’s answer was that he never considered pulling Ewers. 

Happy to help. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Wrong. I think Ewers is the right call to start the game, and stay the starter the following month even if he has a bad game in Dallas. And I think he'll probably have a good game, but if for some reason the layoff and or his injury have taken a toll and make a victory over OU look doubtful, I think you gotta give Manning a shot at pulling it out. I don't give a fuck what happened two years ago. This is about where we are right now. We need to do whatever it takes to win every game.

Sark doesn't need to worry about boosting Ewers ego. He's headed for the NFL and a big payday. His decision after two and a half or three quarters needs to be what is gonna work to get us the win, not some knee-jerk spur of the moment decision, like taking points off the board for a fourth and three.

And if the team is hurting at that point, he should be willing to try a fix at QB. If it doesn't work, he can put Ewers back in.

This is just a mental exercise. Tough for a couple of you who can only hurl insults, but it's a legitimate question. Let's hope we never have to ask it during a big game.

• Fuck You 4

14 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Wrong. I think Ewers is the right call to start the game, and stay the starter the following month even if he has a bad game in Dallas. And I think he'll probably have a good game, but if for some reason the layoff and or his injury have taken a toll and make a victory over OU look doubtful, I think you gotta give Manning a shot at pulling it out. I don't give a fuck what happened two years ago. This is about where we are right now. We need to do whatever it takes to win every game.

Sark doesn't need to worry about boosting Ewers ego. He's headed for the NFL and a big payday. His decision after two and a half or three quarters needs to be what is gonna work to get us the win, not some knee-jerk spur of the moment decision, like taking points off the board for a fourth and three.

And if the team is hurting at that point, he should be willing to try a fix at QB. If it doesn't work, he can put Ewers back in.

This is just a mental exercise. Tough for a couple of you who can only hurl insults, but it's a legitimate question. Let's hope we never have to ask it during a big game.

Then don’t ask whether the question has ever been asked if you’re going to say you don’t give a fuck about the answer to the question when it was, in fact, asked. 

Sarkisian also doesn’t need to worry about satisfying you. If he thinks pulling Ewers is the better answer for the team long term, I’m sure he’ll do it. If not, then not. What is it, exactly, you’re looking for other than agreement, here?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Do you think Arch and his family would feel more disrespected if Quinn struggled and Arch doesn't get a chance, or if Quinn plays well and Arch doesn't get garbage time snaps? 

no

19 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Again with the Arch "it's only a mental exercise but come on guyzzz don't you think he should be playing more" posts? Fuck off already. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You must be young. It makes no shit how OU looks coming into the Cotton. They somehow find a way to make it difficult on us. Some no name QB turns into Steve Young. Defense looks like the 85 Bears that week. All their receivers look like its 1984, and they transferred in from Mississippi Valley State. Devin Hester is returning punts that week.

I'm pretty sure their o-line is ass and they will struggle to move the ball on us.  I'm also pretty sure Venables is gonna go bat-shit crazy with shallow agressive DBs and Ewers will pick them apart.  Texas by 17.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He’s got NIL deals now. He’s making 7 figures. Have no illusions about the PR of autographed card revenue going to charity, there’s plenty going into the account for other efforts these days. 

image.jpeg.29aa809da9702efda782ed4459da92ee.jpeg

This is an accurate post.

Cooper Manning has holdings that far exceed the public estimations. They all do and they’ve supposedly gone in together through family office stuff on numerous RE and PE investments. All of their kids and grandkids and their grandkids are set. 

The reality is that there is always more money to be made when people and entities are throwing new money-making opportunities at you. Sure. But that is also true as the starting QB at Texas. Arch Manning is going to make 1st round QB money or better each and every year he remains the starter at Texas. I think he’s going to be the first non-Livy Dunne 8 figure NIL per year earner without any support for that from TOF or other booster support. We’ll see, but it wouldn’t be a crazy jump from here. 

Mannings love endorsement money and are really good at cashing in. I’ve been saying Arch will make $10M in 26 if he’s starting st Texas- I think it’s almost a no doubter st this point. 
now- that’s not 1/1 overall money but it’s plenty enough to make staying a no brainer if you want to stay. I can’t imagine he won’t want to stay unless whoever got 1/1 was somehow just a perfect and ideal situation for him, and even then he probably is like 98% likely to stay. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You must be young. It makes no shit how OU looks coming into the Cotton. They somehow find a way to make it difficult on us. Some no name QB turns into Steve Young. Defense looks like the 85 Bears that week. All their receivers look like its 1984, and they transferred in from Mississippi Valley State. Devin Hester is returning punts that week.

first-time-meme.gif

1000% this.  

Eleventy billion trillion times this!!!

• Hook 'Em 4

Just wildly speculating whether Arch becomes the first $100 million dollar a year quarterback in the NFL.  If he continues on his current path he will be drafted in 2026 or 2027 meaning his second contract will be for 2030 or 2031.  With the way QB contracts are escalating would someone like Jayden Daniels already get there, or would it be someone in the Arch's class or later be the first to $100 million?  

Edited to highlight that i am wildly speculating.  More of an exercise in QB salary using Arch as an example.   

Edited by Gordon Shumway
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

We once beat OU with Jerrod Heard throwing 8 passes for 53 yards

Heard rushed for 115yrds. We went for 313 as a team.

"only three things can happen when you pass (a completion, an incompletion, and an interception) and two of them are bad."

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

All this talk about the Manning family net worth seems to ignore the fact that the overwhelming majority of it is likely in Peyton and Eli Manning's estates.  I'm sure Cooper is doing fine, as well as Archie, but Arch has two siblings.  Maybe Peyton and Eli plan on distributing their wealth to their neices and nephews, I wouldn't know, but NIL and draft money are probably going to be what sets Arch up for the future.

Estimates say Arch Manning, before hitting 20 years old, has made over $3 million at Texas as just the back up. Not Archie, not Peyton, not Eli, Arch. Put that shit into a safe, stable investment, and Arch is already set for the rest of his life. He is already, by himself, a multi-millionaire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Estimates say Arch Manning, before hitting 20 years old, has made over $3 million at Texas as just the back up. Not Archie, not Peyton, not Eli, Arch. Put that shit into a safe, stable investment, and Arch is already set for the rest of his life. He is already, by himself, a multi-millionaire.

IMG_4192.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Mannings love endorsement money and are really good at cashing in. I’ve been saying Arch will make $10M in 26 if he’s starting st Texas- I think it’s almost a no doubter st this point. 
now- that’s not 1/1 overall money but it’s plenty enough to make staying a no brainer if you want to stay. I can’t imagine he won’t want to stay unless whoever got 1/1 was somehow just a perfect and ideal situation for him, and even then he probably is like 98% likely to stay. 

With NIL I think there’s no chance he leaves early unless he won us a NC already. I’ll take that. 

5 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sark already addressed this in his press conference. If Quinn is off his game, he said he won't hesitate to bring in budding superstar Cole Lourde.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Sark already addressed this in his press conference. If Quinn is off his game, he said he won't hesitate to bring in budding superstar Cole Lourde.  

If that dudes name was Cole Zhang he wouldn't even be on the team.  He'd be a one star at Mcneese St

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

"only three things can happen when you pass (a completion, an incompletion, and an interception) and two of them are bad."

Thanks for the very helpful  clarification. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jet black said:

With NIL I think there’s no chance he leaves early unless he won us a NC already. I’ll take that. 

Define “leave early”. He could start in 25-27 as he has his redshirt, but I don’t imagine him staying past ‘26. I’d be shocked. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

On 9/23/2024 at 3:20 AM, Walser said:

Would you say rabid anti-duckites?

A Peregrine, fastest animal alive, will not chase a duck in a straight line. Gotta have that stoop. (No dicks)

User’s profile pic checks out. 

On 9/23/2024 at 11:29 AM, Dignan said:

I thought Arch's first start was about like it would go. Some good. Some bad. A lot of learning and growing to do. We won't win a national title with him as our QB1 THIS year. Quinn is definitely the guy. Arch will have his time in the next few years and there is nothing wrong with that. Do I feel comfortable with him as our backup? Sure. Do I want him to be our starter/full time QB against teams like ou or Georgia. HELL no. They will eat him for lunch. 

How’s this take working out for you?  😁

On 9/28/2024 at 9:19 PM, millhouse said:

The speed in which he goes through progressions/makes decisions vs Quinn is noticeable, but damn if he isn't light years ahead of any "back up" we've had had in a long long time

Jimmy Two Times Goodfellas GIF

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

1000% this.  

Eleventy billion trillion times this!!!

OU sucks and they must be destroyed.
Would love to see a 55-13 win but will settle for the W. 🤘🏼 Eat a dick any sooner fans that come across this post. 😘

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

User name checks out. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

But but 247 and lots of places are dripping wet over the “all timer” performance of Milroe. I cannot understand..

Primetime against #2 Georgia as opposed to the worst defense in the SEC?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

But but 247 and lots of places are dripping wet over the “all timer” performance of Milroe. I cannot understand..

He's an exciting dual threat QB is a blue blood and he won a big game. He's also improved a lot since last season when he was viewed as a project. Why wouldn't they be hyping him up?

• Hook 'Em 2

Milroe was fantastic vs. UGA and deserves the flowers. 

It's funny to look back after the Texas-Bama game last year. Tide fans were furious about Milroe's performance, and Saban started Tyler Buchner (!) the following week.  I didn't think Milroe played that bad vs. Texas, made some costly mistakes but overall flashed enough to see the potential. I was also impressed with his demeanor on the field. Happy that the kid fought through that adversity. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1