Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the drive to start the 4th with the off balance throw to wingo and the subsequent TD pass was pretty special.

the throw to Wingo especially, is one that gets picked a lot.  It was UTSA but still very nice to see the execution.

Wingo is great at keeping his body between the defender and the ball.  Huge skill to do well and he does it as a pup.  Had a curl game 1 that he did the same. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think it's unlikely but you're kidding yourself if isn't a thought assuming Arch goes off in these next 2 games. 

At some point, you have to ride a guy that's putting up the type numbers he is. 14/18, 6 touchdowns, no turnovers, and over 300 yards passing with limited passing attempts is insane even given the competition. 

If he's putting up similar numbers in the next 2 weeks, I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as you think it is. 

It was fucking UTSA. They are terrible. His struggles in the 2nd quarter should be more than enough for you know that when we are playing a team with a pulse, we want Ewers back there. Arch is going to be good. But let's not judge his potential off the same quality of team that had people clamoring for Henry Melton to running back. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

It was fucking UTSA. They are terrible. His struggles in the 2nd quarter should be more than enough for you know that when we are playing a team with a pulse, we want Ewers back there. Arch is going to be good. But let's not judge his potential off the same quality of team that had people clamoring for Henry Melton to running back. 

I think you mean Henry Shelton

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Assuming he plays next week, I’d guess ulm will make him think fast by blitzing. He can obviously make throws and our wrs can get open.  So trying to disguise coverages and blitz to speed him up.  

Will be a great experience for him, hopefully there’s no real danger for the team. 

utsa, ulm, and msu are a great trio of teams to get your first action against. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Levi said:

The only thing that will be lacking is the experience. And I don’t see that as a reason we should look to the portal. The 9.95 reports and those in the know on here have stated that the coaches love what they have for the future. I think I slight bump in the road would be if Williams decides to leave after this year. 

What happens when Flood decides to leave after this year?

• Rage+1 2

48 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

What happens when Flood decides to leave after this year?

Flood already got his HC shot and failed miserably.  I’m pretty sure he’ll be OC/OL at Texas indefinitely.

Choice, Banks, and Milwee are much more likely to leave or a HC (or OC in the case of Milwee) job.

10 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It will be interesting what happens if Arch does start the next 2 games. 

ULM and Miss State (gave up 30 and 41 in the last 2 weeks against unranked teams). Arch is probably going to put up video game numbers against both those teams if he starts. 

Can you bench Arch if he's putting up video game numbers in 3 straight weeks? 

Username checks out.

4 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Sadly, that was a significant upgrade.

Why am I suddenly in the mood for nachos?

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

This can’t be accurate

Right? I thought they said Arch hit 21, not 20.7

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

the drive to start the 4th with the off balance throw to wingo and the subsequent TD pass was pretty special.

the throw to Wingo especially, is one that gets picked a lot.  It was UTSA but still very nice to see the execution.

The one where he was in a dead sprint to his left and then dropped a dime on Wingo for a big gain? If that's the one you're talking, that was his most impressive throw of the night for me, that one or the laser on the slant to Golden were big boy NFL throws.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, skipmcgee said:

Flood already got his HC shot and failed miserably.  I’m pretty sure he’ll be OC/OL at Texas indefinitely.

Choice, Banks, and Milwee are much more likely to leave or a HC (or OC in the case of Milwee) job.

Sark got his HC shot at USC too before being fired.

How did we get so lucky?  Kid is the exact opposite of ego and entitlement.  In fact you could say that because he comes from a great background, he’s content to be patient, but that’s not how it usually works.  Then when he gets a chance to play, he exceeds the otherworldly expectations that has been heaped on him.  Crazy.  

David Cutcliffe retired and the Manning family was in search of a new QB development guru.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Assuming he plays next week, I’d guess ulm will make him think fast by blitzing. He can obviously make throws and our wrs can get open.  So trying to disguise coverages and blitz to speed him up.  

This is what UTSA and CSU tried. It hasn't worked at all which is why Arch is 14/18 with 6 touchdowns. 

Blitzing like that can actually help a young/inexperienced QB because it speeds up the QB into quick decisions. I'm more interested to see what Arch does when teams sit in a base defense and force him to go through multiple reads. 

Blitzing with our skill talent is a recipe for disaster. You might create some havoc in the backfield but you're also going to get burned with big plays. It's why when people say "Arch had some issues in the 2nd quarter last night" I just laugh. No, UTSA was bringing numbers to create pressure which worked a couple times but it's also why they were getting burned for huge plays all night. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Watching Arch look back at Denver Harris as he ran into the end zone was fantastic. 

I had no idea that's where Harris ended up. After all the handwringing over that recruitment, that's pretty great.

And as fantastic as that part was, the DE stumbling over himself when he realizes Arch kept the ball may have been even better. My man was on some serious roller skates.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They ranked Malachi Nelson above him....ESPN is such dog shit.

Malachi Nelson, Dante Moore, and Jackson Arnold! That's a pretty spectacular fuckup. Given that Nico and Holstein were the next two QBs after Arch, it's incredible that they went with that trio in front of him. 

Peter Woods (Clemson DT) was #4 and Arch was #5. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

The other co-winner benefits from a sleeping giant program corched up by the Big Moosie, who also dominated a monster SECSECSEC opponent on the road. The ROAD! 

So Arch should just consider himself lucky he's being recognized at all.

Do you think Archie actually cares at all? 

"Oh that's great. Nice to see." 

5 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I read where Arch hit 20.7 mph on that run ....the guy writing the bit said many NFL wr's are not that fast...

Doesn't mean much, but nice to see....

I was watching the Seahawks game yesterday and they said that geno smith hit 20.7 on a td run in game 1.  Made me wonder about that metric, it’s usefulness and variability among top athletes. 

• Like 1

Can’t wait for the same shit when he’s a backup his rookie year. 

His family knows what they’re doing. How many hotshot rookies flame out when thrown to the wolves? They want him to be prepared to make it to the league, and then be able to have a good career there. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2