Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Milroe was fantastic vs. UGA and deserves the flowers. 

It's funny to look back after the Texas-Bama game last year. Tide fans were furious about Milroe's performance, and Saban started Tyler Buchner (!) the following week.  I didn't think Milroe played that bad vs. Texas, made some costly mistakes but overall flashed enough to see the potential. I was also impressed with his demeanor on the field. Happy that the kid fought through that adversity. 

That was so dumb. Getting to see Buchner vs USF shut those idiots right up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

That was so dumb. Getting to see Buchner vs USF shut those idiots right up.

They were only in the game because of Milroe. Without him that game is nasty and would have forced saban to retire after that game. Alabama fans are idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2024 at 3:04 PM, Thatguy said:

You must be young. It makes no shit how OU looks coming into the Cotton. They somehow find a way to make it difficult on us. Some no name QB turns into Steve Young. Defense looks like the 85 Bears that week. All their receivers look like its 1984, and they transferred in from Mississippi Valley State. Devin Hester is returning punts that week.

first-time-meme.gif

Michael Richards Yes GIF

On 10/1/2024 at 3:39 PM, 6th Street said:

We once beat OU with Jerrod Heard throwing 8 passes for 53 yards

Tambien es cierto.

• Hook 'Em 3

CBS Sports says Texas Longhorns QB Arch Manning had Week 5's best throw

CBS Sports’ John Fisher and Clint Brewster track the best QB throws each week and has declared the Moore TD the best in college football for the week.

Screenshot_20241002-195418_kindlephoto-12591004.thumb.png.d296ea85348ff7837756d5d58624c627.png

Screenshot_20241002-195615_kindlephoto-12708324.thumb.png.478b2376643378c37f8aabe5f1bdcc2a.png

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2024/10/02/arch-manning-best-throw-pass-week-five-cbs-texas-longhorns/

• Hook 'Em 8

14 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

GYu68BQWoAAk4Bn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

this is idiotic.  I saw the Hudson Card experience.  In person.  It was top-10 in NOTHING.  Except suckery.  And this is coming from a person who wants HC to succeed.  At no point during that game (or the game against UND) did I believe Card was going to bail out the Boilers.  Quite the opposite, in fact...

5 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

this is idiotic.  I saw the Hudson Card experience.  In person.  It was top-10 in NOTHING.  Except suckery.  And this is coming from a person who wants HC to succeed.  At no point during that game (or the game against UND) did I believe Card was going to bail out the Boilers.  Quite the opposite, in fact...

Week 5 QBR

Card: 33.9
Raiola: 84.3

Manning: 79.6

Yeah not sure if those PFF grades are real

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Week 5 QBR

Card: 33.9
Raiola: 84.3

Manning: 79.6

Yeah not sure if those PFF grades are real

Think about the difference in how those numbers are derived.  

One is based on the stat sheet.  The other is more or less what you’re in position to accomplish given your surroundings.  Throw a catchable but dropped pass.  Negative for QBR, potentially a positive for PFF.  Your Oline blocks no one so the QB throws it away.  Negative on the QBR.  I’m not sure if it’s a positive for PFF but it’s not a negative.

A good example would be the TD to Moore before the half.  Think of how each would turn out if Moore drops it.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just as an add on to that, I went and checked on Purdues pass blocking grades.  Last week the overall pass blocking was 57.  They had 3 lineman graded below 50 overall.  Versus Notre Dame it was 33.

I look casually at those numbers.  I don’t recall seeing anything that low versus Notre Dame.  And I don’t recall seeing 3 Olinemen sub 50 in the same game.  Even sub-50 is not overly common.

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Just as an add on to that, I went and checked on Purdues pass blocking grades.  Last week the overall pass blocking was 57.  They had 3 lineman graded below 50 overall.  Versus Notre Dame it was 33.

I look casually at those numbers.  I don’t recall seeing anything that low versus Notre Dame.  And I don’t recall seeing 3 Olinemen sub 50 in the same game.  Even sub-50 is not overly common.

Purdue's pass blocking has been pretty horrible, no doubt.  That said, neither Card nor OC Graham Harrell have done much to help.  Card holds the ball too long.  Plays take too long to develop.  Card tries to spin out of a collapsing pocket and (most of the time) gets sacked.

I am not sure how the PFF pass blocking grades are calculated, but I suspect they look a little better if the QB gets rid of the ball in 1-2 seconds.  If they QB gets the ball out that quick, there really is limited possible breakdown in OL pass blocking.

You are fortunate that you only had to look at the stats after the fact.  I got to see them in the making for both UND and Nebraka @ Purdue.  The weather was great, though!

48 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Purdue's pass blocking has been pretty horrible, no doubt.  That said, neither Card nor OC Graham Harrell have done much to help.  Card holds the ball too long.  Plays take too long to develop.  Card tries to spin out of a collapsing pocket and (most of the time) gets sacked.

I am not sure how the PFF pass blocking grades are calculated, but I suspect they look a little better if the QB gets rid of the ball in 1-2 seconds.  If they QB gets the ball out that quick, there really is limited possible breakdown in OL pass blocking.

You are fortunate that you only had to look at the stats after the fact.  I got to see them in the making for both UND and Nebraka @ Purdue.  The weather was great, though!

I saw just a bit of ND.  Purdue is not very good to say the least. The numbers say the defense is porous too.

Generally speaking on PFF , QBs and RBs seem to score higher than other positions.  I would assume that’s because they aren’t really one on one like most other positions.

The variance between PFF grade and QBR is interesting.  For stat geeks, it’d be interesting to see gap comparisons.  Pff has good stuff to drill down into, particularly for QBs.

Without having watched much of Purdue, they use play action in a pretty limited fashion, at least based on that data.  Is that intentional or do they fall behind so quickly that opponents don’t respect the run and play action is useless?  Riley, Sark are pretty heavy play action.  Ole Miss too.  I do think that makes it easier on QBs and really the Oline.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Came here to post that video. 

Liked that he broke down my favorite and somewhat overlooked Arch play in that game, the step up in the pocket and absolute dart to Cook. Should have been a long TD if Cook doesn't have that little stumble after the catch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Plorant said:

Peyton Manning interview where he discusses Arch:

It’s a damn shame that Kay Adam felt she needed to go under the knife. She was so hot on “Good Morning Football”.

Edited by Hate
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2024 at 6:41 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Great vid. Second throw arguably better than the first. As he said, most guys are going to respond to that pressure by throwing it where they are already looking. Manning comes off of it quickly and throws the rope to the far sideline.

On 10/2/2024 at 5:59 PM, LTtxfan said:

CBS Sports says Texas Longhorns QB Arch Manning had Week 5's best throw

CBS Sports’ John Fisher and Clint Brewster track the best QB throws each week and has declared the Moore TD the best in college football for the week.

Screenshot_20241002-195418_kindlephoto-12591004.thumb.png.d296ea85348ff7837756d5d58624c627.png

Screenshot_20241002-195615_kindlephoto-12708324.thumb.png.478b2376643378c37f8aabe5f1bdcc2a.png

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2024/10/02/arch-manning-best-throw-pass-week-five-cbs-texas-longhorns/

If his name was Arch Smith he couldn't make that pass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Great vid. Second throw arguably better than the first. As he said, most guys are going to respond to that pressure by throwing it where they are already looking. Manning comes off of it quickly and throws the rope to the far sideline.

Either one would have been good.

• 3 weeks later...