Global Entry application

Armybrat

On 8/10/2024 at 5:42 PM, midtown said:

And since this is at the top.  Everyone get the GE App and bypass the kiosk.  Last two entries to US all I did was show the app with the big green number on it and waved through.  No passport at all

had no idea that was a thing.  thanks.

On 4/21/2024 at 4:53 PM, Captain Ron said:

So during the pandemic both my wife and I had our global entry lapse. Along with that my wife’s passport also expired, that process partially detailed here.

I renewed global entry July 2022 for the TSA PreCheck when I started taking flights to visit my dad more frequently (fuck cancer). I was approved in 2 days with no need for an interview. This was on roughly 1 year expired  

My wife did her reapplication immediately after getting her passport renewed in August. Still waiting, so 8 months. Granted this was on a 2 year passport expiration, 2+ year global entry expiration. But still, this is ridiculous.

We also just got our 4 year old his passport (for our trip to Curaçao) and applied for him to do Global Entry too (he gets TSAPre because of us, but not Global Entry). His application (early Feb this year) was immediately after his passport arrived. He was approved in 24 hours (probably because he’s 4). Though we cancelled his interview for Global Entry on April 9th because my wife having to take the line ride we figured he can just go with her (and that interview date was not convenient anymore).

Our new interview plan Is to get them to go to Logan or Derby Line (Canada/Vermont border) together when she’s approved. Until she approved for GE, there isn’t as much need for him to be. Besides I don’t see another international trip for at least 6-12 months. 

I never followed up on this. once things were resolved.

So my wife was FINALLY approved for renewal, with no interview, in May (I don't recall the exact date), so for a renewal - 9 months.

We ended up scheduling the kiddo an "interview" a week or two later (was a lucky find). I say interview, because when you're 4 years old, the interview is: "Oh he's a kid and this passport corroborates his ID, approved"

Glad to have it done - but the system is a pain in the ass and a total clusterfuck.

GE expired in May. Have been waiting for renewal since April. Coming through SFO on way back from Auckland on Thursday, officer just shrugged and said it might be a year or more. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2024 at 7:48 PM, Eggo said:

GE expired in May. Have been waiting for renewal since April. Coming through SFO on way back from Auckland on Thursday, officer just shrugged and said it might be a year or more.

Odd considering with the backlog that tons of us have been getting insta-approval.  both myself and both my kids were instant in the last two years