Godzilla: Minus One

Helobious

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

This was a Jaws remake.

The director has publicly said Jaws is one of his favorite movies and the ocean chase scene was an homage to it. I don’t see a ton of other similarities besides that. 

5 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

The black neck mark on noriko…. Godzilla regeneration blood or whatever ?

Yes. Open-ended on meaning if she’s sick and it will kill her or if it turns infected into humanoid mini-zillas or something. Director said it was mainly to show that even survivors of things like the war & atomic bombs are still forever scarred by it in some way. 

23 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

This was a Jaws remake.

If it wasn't so tediously filled with the whiny protagonist and everybody talking themselves to death about how scary the situation is, it would have been an accurate remake. Also, the only action sequence of note was the first one. I kept falling asleep. 

I'd really looked forward to this movie. The trailer looked fun and well-made. If it's an homage to the originals, it's about as interesting to me as an homage to a pile of shit.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

If it wasn't so tediously filled with the whiny protagonist and everybody talking themselves to death about how scary the situation is, it would have been an accurate remake. Also, the only action sequence of note was the first one. I kept falling asleep. 

I'd really looked forward to this movie. The trailer looked fun and well-made. If it's an homage to the originals, it's about as interesting to me as an homage to a pile of shit.

This.  No clue why people are fawning over this one. Shin Godzilla was much better

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Never heard of that one. 

Came out in 2016. I liked it but I like anything Godzilla. It’s partly a satire of Japanese beuracracy so it’s VERY dry and dialogue heavy, which means a lot of subtitle reading. Had one very cool atomic breath scene (Tokyo night scene), but not much action outside of that. I’ve never met another person besides me that liked it (except greenspoint now I guess), even among godzilla fans. I liked Minus One a lot more.

• Like 1