Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Well that was a whole lot of nothing. Would though yea I guess.

It’s really not nothing. It encompasses the entire propaganda y’all buy hook, line and sinker, in a nice 1:30 package. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

That’s because you don’t want to hear it. 

Out of principle, I never block/ignore posters. However, I do just scroll past posts on a regular basis.

I pretty much always scroll past Prong Horn posts while laughing and thinking "what a fucking weirdo." So I didn't read the "insightful tweet" provided by Prong Horn. lulz

We have already established you don't know shit about fuck. So when you chime in with "has anyone considered this insightful post from Prong Horn?" You are just continuing to make a fool out of yourself while entertaining the rest of us.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I’m pro-hummus. Can see where these idiots could get confused there though. 

I am very much pro-hummus. This morning I had hummus, smoked salmon, eggs and avocado with sautéed bell peppers, tomatoes, onions and spinach for my post-workout breakfast.

48 minutes ago, F250 said:

I am very much pro-hummus. This morning I had hummus, smoked salmon, eggs and avocado with sautéed bell peppers, tomatoes, onions and spinach for my post-workout breakfast.

That's hilarious. Moare. Actually no. Humus sucks.

Many Israelis believe hummus is their creation, while other Middle East nations such as Lebanon argue against it. Egyptians claim that hummus is their invention, and on the other hand, the Greeks and Romans made various dishes out of it. Due to a lack of sufficient evidence, no one has won the who invented hummus war. But the reason Israeli humus tastes better is a higher ratio of tahini to chickpeas.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Many Israelis believe hummus is their creation, while other Middle East nations such as Lebanon argue against it. Egyptians claim that hummus is their invention, and on the other hand, the Greeks and Romans made various dishes out of it. Due to a lack of sufficient evidence, no one has won the who invented hummus war. But the reason Israeli humus tastes better is a higher ratio of tahini to chickpeas.

Let’s joke about hummus, while humans get ground into hamburger.  No offense, just facts. If we could find an intact foreskin amongst the rubble of this rabble, we might put some Valentina’s on it, and eat it like a pork rind!

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

If we could find an intact foreskin amongst the rubble of this rabble, we might put some Valentina’s on it, and eat it like a pork rind!

Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

• Haha 1

CNN Defense Analysts have now determined that the Israeli Airstrike on May 26th against a Hamas Compound in Western Rafah, which was believed to have possibly caused an Explosion and Fire which resulted in the Death of between 35-45 Palestinian Refugees, could not have been “Completely Caused” by the Israeli Airstrike due to the Size of the Explosion. Shrapnel and Parts which were Discovered in the Rubble of the Hamas Compound, which was roughly 200 Meters from the UNRWA Refugee Camp, suggest that the Strike was carried out using 2 GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb with 250lb Warheads; these Bombs would have not been nearly Powerful enough to have caused the Explosion at the Camp nor would the have been Large enough to cause any kind of “Splash Damage” to the Camp, which again was over a Kilometer from the Strike Location. This Analysis suggests that what Israeli Defense Officials have so far suggested is likely True, which is that Hamas Munitions which were Hidden roughly Half-Way between the Compound and Camp were Detonated by Shrapnel from the Airstrike, causing the Explosion of multiple Fuel Tanks at the Refugee Camp and the eventual Fire.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Hey, @PRONG HORN, are you under the false impression that some of us are pro-Hamas?

You are very actively pro-Hamas. Thier entire strategy is to defeat Israel by generating international pressure to make Israel stop fighting. They do this by killing as much of their own population as they can, blaming it on Israel. It is their dead baby strategy, it has always been their strategy. This is not new news. You have to willfully ignorant to ignore reality.

So whether you are supporting them intentionally or not, you and your ilk are absolutely doing the bidding of terrorists. 

I mean, imagine that Hamas says "we are engaged in war crimes", you see the war crimes, and then you insist that it's Israel should be brought to justice LOL. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 4

7 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Imagine thinking both sides can’t be committing war crimes and they shouldn’t both be condemned for it. LOL

You seem to be focused on one side as per your participation in the protest thread.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

You seem to be focused on one side as per your participation in the protest thread.  

I’ve stated multiple times across this board I’m anti Hamas as well as anti genocide. I guess it is true I hold Israel, a UN member country, to a higher standard than a terrorist group. Oops.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I’ve stated multiple times across this board I’m anti Hamas as well as anti genocide. I guess it is true I hold Israel, a UN member country, to a higher standard than a terrorist group. Oops.

It's a little different than how you stated above.  You have been consistently injecting your dissatisfaction with the posts on the protest thread.  At least you have been honest though which is more than a lot of posters who oppose the Israeli offensive have contributed.  I'm guessing that most gave up on the protest thread because it didn't go as they had hoped.  They thought the student occupations that have since spread to the streets was solely about voicing an opposition to the offensive, but it's gotten a little uglier than those peaceful intentions hasn't it?  

It's a little different than how you stated above.  You have been consistently injecting your dissatisfaction with the posts on the protest thread.  At least you have been honest though which is more than a lot of posters who oppose the Israeli offensive have contributed.  I'm guessing that most gave up on the protest thread because it didn't go as they had hoped.  They thought the student occupations that have since spread to the streets was solely about voicing an opposition to the offensive, but it's gotten a little uglier than those peaceful intentions hasn't it?  

“Oppose the Israeli offensive” is gigantically broad fucking brush…and even if narrowed, isn’t accurate for most of the folks you’re hitting with it.
Israel has every right to go on the offensive against Hamas. It does not have the right to purposefully target civilians, or to purposefully target/constrict/destroy basic humanitarian aid, especially with a stated goal of driving all Palestinians out of Gaza (and actual thing that multiple Israeli leaders have said is their goal).
And stating what should be a non controversial standard, consistent with international law…is being “pro Hamas.” That’s how fucking broken this shit is.
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“Oppose the Israeli offensive” is gigantically broad fucking brush…and even if narrowed, isn’t accurate for most of the folks you’re hitting with it.
Israel has every right to go on the offensive against Hamas. It does not have the right to purposefully target civilians, or to purposefully target/constrict/destroy basic humanitarian aid, especially with a stated goal of driving all Palestinians out of Gaza (and actual thing that multiple Israeli leaders have said is their goal).
And stating what should be a non controversial standard, consistent with international law…is being “pro Hamas.” That’s how fucking broken this shit is.

I'm not sure how many here are only aligned to the sticking to international law part with their opposition to the offensive.  It seems like a few posters are opposed to there being any offensive at all.  Unfortunately, going against Hamas means going through the innocents that they surround themselves with.  It's a huge part of the Hamas/civilian Palestinian strategy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

I'm not sure how many here are only aligned to the sticking to international law part with their opposition to the offensive.  It seems like a few posters are opposed to there being any offensive at all.  Unfortunately, going against Hamas means going through the innocents that they surround themselves with.  It's a huge part of the Hamas/civilian Palestinian strategy.  

People are very quick to condemn Israel and willfully ignore everything you posted. It’s baffling how short term memories are, and how effective Hamas propaganda is. Again, Israel is not permitted to win even after being brutally attacked. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 10:37 AM, F250 said:

It sounds like you are going out of your way to differentiate the Ashenkazi from Europeans

Well to be fair Europeans have gone to extraordinary lengths over centuries to differentiate themselves from the ashkenazim. 

Four Hostages Taken Alive to Gaza Were Killed, Possibly by IDF Fire:

The Israel Defense Forces announced on Monday the deaths of four hostages who were kidnapped on October 7 and taken to Gaza alive. The army is checking whether they were killed by IDF fire.

The four were identified as Chaim Peri, 80; Yoram Metzger, 80; and Amiram Cooper, 84 of Nir Oz, as well as Nadav Popplewell, 51, from Nirim.

Popplewell's death was announced by Kibbutz Nirim earlier on Monday.

The bodies of all four are being held by Hamas, and the army believes they were held together in Gaza. The IDF also believes that they were killed in Khan Yunis months ago.

The total number of hostages whose death has been confirmed now stands at 43.

In December, Hamas released a video showing Peri, Metzger and Cooper. A video of Popplewell was released by Hamas in May.

On Monday evening, the IDF said they were able to determine the deaths of all four based off of intelligence.

Following the announcement of their deaths, the Hostage and Missing Families Forum said "their murder in captivity is a disgrace," and a testament of the consequences of delaying hostage deals.

"The heartbreak with the painful news should shake every citizen in the State of Israel, and incite deep soul-searching for every leader. Chaim, Yoram, Amiram and Nadav were kidnapped alive – some of them were with other hostages who returned in the previous deal – and they should have returned alive."

Popplewell was kidnapped to Gaza along with his mother, Channa Peri, who was released in a hostage deal with Hamas last year. His brother, Roi, was murdered during the October 7 attacks.

Popplewell worked as a computer technician in Sderot, loved science fiction and played bridge. On October 7, Hamas terrorists raided the house where he and his mother were staying.

Channa Peri immigrated to Israel from South Africa and met her ex-husband, Popplewell's father, an immigrant from England, at Kibbutz Nirim. There she worked as a seamstress and at the kibbutz's grocery shop. His father worked as a dairy farmer and passed away 18 years ago.

Yoram Metzger was married to Tamar, a father of three and grandfather of seven. Hamas terrorists kidnapped the couple together, and Hamas released Tamar in November.

Tamar was originally from Yemen, while Yoram was born in Poland. Tamar joined the kibbutz in the 1970s, and worked in education and at its convenience store. Yoram worked at the Nirlat factory and in recent years in the kibbutz's agricultural tool garage.

He loved to cook, and was a fan of wines. He was interested in history. He played the accordion and the flute. His daughter-in-law, Ayala Metzger, is one of the leaders of the families of hostages protesting in favor of a deal to release them.

Amiram Cooper was married to Nurit, was a father of three and a grandfather. He held farming and social positions at the kibbutz for 25 years, and was the financial manager of Maon District communities – the regional enterprises of the kibbutz. He also wrote and composed songs.

On October 7, Cooper was kidnapped from his home with his wife, who was later released. He was born in 1938 in Haifa to Sarah, who immigrated from Poland in 1932 as a member of the Maccabiah delegation, and Israel, who immigrated in 1934.

At the end of the War of Independence, he joint Hashomer Hatzair in Haifa, and in 1953, studied at the Kadoorie Agricultural School at Mount Tabor, due to his wish to be a farmer and kibbutznik.

In 1956, the Nir Oz Hashomer Hatzair core was established to host the Nir Oz Nahal outpost, which had been founded in 1955. He was a member of the kibbutz since 1957.

Chaim Peri was born in Givatayim, served in the army's Nahal Brigade and then moved to the Gaza border region to help found Kibbutz Nir Oz. It was there that he met his first wife, Batya. Their daughter Inbal was born in 1968, and their son Lior was born in 1973 – just six months before the Yom Kippur War, in which Chaim took part.

Peri and Batya divorced, and she left Israel and moved to the U.K., where she married for a second time and had two more children. Her son, Daniel, was murdered on October 7, along with his wife Caroline, while visiting the kibbutz.

Chaim later met Osnat, the kibbutz's community manager, and the couple had two additional daughters together. All told Chaim was the father of five children and a grandfather to 13. He was involved in cinema, established a gallery near the kibbutz, drew and sculpted, worked in metals and wrote children's books.

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

This one I like. More of this, less civilians.

Of course.  If I’m Hamas, I only launch attacks from civilian areas.  Any response by Israel, it will be claimed, is a war crime, genocide, etc.  

• Hook 'Em 3

yes, I too read the news and immediately wonder what the good posters of surly are going to say about it. 

I also like to make posts declaring that I don't care at all what the posters here think.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Foosters said:

yes, I too read the news and immediately wonder what the good posters of surly are going to say about it. 

I also like to make posts declaring that I don't care at all what the posters here think.

When I say “can’t wait”, it’s use of something called sarcasm. I can wait. It’s not entertaining, it is sad and it is inevitable. 

• Fuck You 1

Today, Slovenia became the 144th country to give diplomatic recognition to Palestine.

Slovenia is the latest European country to recognize a Palestinian state. The country’s parliament voted Tuesday in support of the move, following in the recent steps of Spain, Ireland and Norway.

Slovenia’s prime minister has said he sped up efforts to recognize a State of Palestine in reaction to Israel’s expanding invasion of the southern Gaza city of Rafah. The monthlong offensive has largely cut off the flow of food, medicine and other supplies to Palestinians who are facing widespread hunger.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

When I say “can’t wait”, it’s use of something called sarcasm. I can wait. It’s not entertaining, it is sad and it is inevitable. 

Oddly enough it looks like everyone is on board with Israel killing shitty people without harming civilians. Almost as if we’ve been saying that literally the entire time.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Oddly enough it looks like everyone is on board with Israel killing shitty people without harming civilians. Almost as if we’ve been saying that literally the entire time.

Yeah it's super weird that the people he made up in his head don't actually exist.

Actually, I guess that's normal for him.

47 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah it's super weird that the people he made up in his head don't actually exist.

Actually, I guess that's normal for him.

Rex does seem to adopt a hyperaggressive approach to every topic and goes out of his way to pick fights with strawmen.

He reminds me of a toy poodle my sister had when we were kids that would walk up to a wall and just start barking at it for no reason. It feels like he's got some anger issues in his real life that he's working out by aiming them at the board which, I suppose, is better than the alternative.

• Haha 1

According to Israeli family member, the next big move will be in the North. Still tons of rockets and now drones dropping bombs in North Israel from Lebanon. Evidently Iron Dome less effective against drones. This will have to be addressed. He says that tens (hundreds?) of thousands of Israelis live in hotels in Tel Aviv. It's unsafe for them to go back home. It's untenable long term and he thinks any government would move hard to address a similar situation. I tend to agree.

• Fuck You 2

On 6/4/2024 at 11:17 PM, bolverk said:

Rex does seem to adopt a hyperaggressive approach to every topic and goes out of his way to pick fights with strawmen.

He reminds me of a toy poodle my sister had when we were kids that would walk up to a wall and just start barking at it for no reason. It feels like he's got some anger issues in his real life that he's working out by aiming them at the board which, I suppose, is better than the alternative.

I mean there was a fucking debate here about how it was inappropriate for Israel to have taken out Iranian officials in Lebanon or Syria after 10/7. Posters here claimed Iran was justified in sending missiles and drones to Israel in a futile wasted “show of force”. Pointing out that posters here go out of their way to demonize Israel and justify the actions of terrible regimes is not a straw man. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1