Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh is assassinated in Tehran

BEIRUT (AP) — Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh was assassinated in Tehran, Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard said early Wednesday, and Hamas blamed Israel for the attack.

Israel has vowed to kill Haniyeh and other leaders of Hamas over the group’s Oct. 7 attack on Israel that killed 1,200 people and saw some 250 others taken hostage.

An Israeli military spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Israel often doesn’t when it comes to assassinations carried out by their Mossad intelligence agency.

Hamas said Haniyeh was killed “in a Zionist airstrike on his residence in Tehran after he participated in the inauguration of Iran’s new president.”

“Hamas declares to the great Palestinian people and the people of the Arab and Islamic nations and all the free people of the world, brother leader Ismail Ismail Haniyeh a martyr,” the terse statement said.

https://apnews.com/article/iran-hamas-israel-30968a7acb31cd8b259de9650014b779

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh is assassinated in Tehran

BEIRUT (AP) — Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh was assassinated in Tehran, Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard said early Wednesday, and Hamas blamed Israel for the attack.

Israel has vowed to kill Haniyeh and other leaders of Hamas over the group’s Oct. 7 attack on Israel that killed 1,200 people and saw some 250 others taken hostage.

An Israeli military spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Israel often doesn’t when it comes to assassinations carried out by their Mossad intelligence agency.

Hamas said Haniyeh was killed “in a Zionist airstrike on his residence in Tehran after he participated in the inauguration of Iran’s new president.”

“Hamas declares to the great Palestinian people and the people of the Arab and Islamic nations and all the free people of the world, brother leader Ismail Ismail Haniyeh a martyr,” the terse statement said.

https://apnews.com/article/iran-hamas-israel-30968a7acb31cd8b259de9650014b779

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

Iran is so dumb for many reasons but here, for not even trying to put some distance between Hamas and Hezbollah leaders and themselves. Good riddance and good job Mossad, almost assuredly. 

15 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

It is odd. Saw a report saying it was a raid, mossad style. Iran said airstrike, but no footage I can find of a blown up building.

Iran reported this, or Hamas did?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

Iran is so dumb for many reasons but here, for not even trying to put some distance between Hamas and Hezbollah leaders and themselves. Good riddance and good job Mossad, almost assuredly. 

Iran reported this, or Hamas did?

Hamas.

Times of Israel says it was a missile fired from outside Iran. Behind a paywall so not copying entire article.

The pro-Hezbollah Lebanese al Mayadeen news site quotes an Iranian source as saying that the missile used to kill Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh in a strike on his residence in Tehran was fired from another country.

The source says that the missile was not fired from within Iran.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/report-missile-fired-from-outside-iran-used-to-kill-haniyeh/

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Bibi doesn't want to go to jail.

image.jpeg.a92df651c8d75883a06c04c926df2c10.jpeg

A cratered field, a mangled fence. Clues emerge from strike that killed 12 children in Golan Heights

Updated 11:56 AM CDT, July 30, 2024

JERUSALEM (AP) — Two days after a rocket slammed into a soccer field in the Israel-controlled Golan Heights, killing 12 children, many questions remain about the attack on the Druze town of Majdal Shams.

Israel accused Hezbollah in Lebanon of deliberately targeting civilians, while the Lebanese militant group quickly issued a rare denial of any responsibility for the attack.

With Israel vowing retaliation for what was the highest civilian death toll in Israel-held territory since Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack on southern Israel, diplomats rushed to prevent an escalation that could spiral into an all-out war after months of exchanges between Israel and Hezbollah over the Lebanese-Israeli border.

Weapons experts told The Associated Press that evidence points to a rocket from Lebanon hitting the field. But they raised the possibility that the hit on civilians was an accident.

Here’s what we know and what remains unclear about the attack.

The strike

The strike left a crater about 2 meters (yards) wide, breaking through the carpet of artificial grass where the children were playing. Around it were scattered burned-out bicycles and scooters, some electric bikes with their batteries melted. Walls of a nearby tent and shelter were pockmarked from shrapnel.

Posted (edited)

Holy shit... if true

Very Unconfirmed Reports right now, but some Sources in Syria are claiming that Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Forces, has been Assassination in an Attack near the Syrian Capital of Damascus. Hajizadeh is believed to have been the Senior Commander who planned and ordered the Iranian Ballistic and Cruise Missile Attack in April against Israel. 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

It’s OK to be critical of Israel’s treatment of this war overall AND be really glad that  Hamas ahole is dead, right?  Because that’s where I am.

A hunnert percent.  Hamas aholes are bad news, and killing them is good stuff.  And Israel has done a shitty job conducting this war vis-a-vis civilian impacts and parallel attacks on Palestinians and order in the West Bank.  Both things can be and are true.

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Holy shit... if true

Very Unconfirmed Reports right now, but some Sources in Syria are claiming that Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Forces, has been Assassination in an Attack near the Syrian Capital of Damascus. Hajizadeh is believed to have been the Senior Commander who planned and ordered the Iranian Ballistic and Cruise Missile Attack in April against Israel. 

Great - with colleges starting to open for the fall semester.

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

A hunnert percent.  Hamas aholes are bad news, and killing them is good stuff.  And Israel has done a shitty job conducting this war vis-a-vis civilian impacts and parallel attacks on Palestinians and order in the West Bank.  Both things can be and are true.

I don't mind admitting that if Hamas wearing protestors were subjected to some non-life threatening beat downs I wouldn't be heart broken either. I'm not condoning violence against them, just saying I wouldn't be too upset.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

I don't mind admitting that if Hamas wearing protestors were subjected to some non-life threatening beat downs I wouldn't be heart broken either. I'm not condoning violence against them, just saying I wouldn't be too upset.

If violence against them will get them to stop, I absolutely condone violence against them. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

How dare you guys make posts embedding tweets praising IDF and mocking Hezbollah. That is not a part of the bizarro world script. The authors of those tweets are right-wing fascists anyway. 

I mean, no argument here lol. 

Screenshot_20240825_143510_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.fa0020915d3b2319152728791210f4cc.jpg

It has been an interesting development how the rest of the Arab world is mocking the failed attacks, even the allies of hamas. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s good to know that in the “battle to be shittiest,” each belligerent keeps finding ways to go even lower.

Apples and oranges, and you know it.  The constant quest to be holier than thou and above it all is tiresome and way too celebrated by groupthink morons. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What side is an apple and what side is an orange?

One side is far worse than the other and you know it. There is no lower than Hamas. It’s a ridiculous comment he made and you gave him positive rep like a good compliant groupthink operator. 

• Hook 'Em 1