Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

NYT reporting that the devices beeped for a few seconds before going off, and also that there are a lot of eye injuries (because you’re looking at the message).  I’d love to know if it said something.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/09/17/world/israel-hamas-war-news

IMG_1865.jpeg

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

This whole thing is so funny to me. I mean they just pulled their pants down on the world stage. These terrorist groups are just so vastly inferior to Mossad technologically and from a general brainpower standpoint. 

Yep, this was one hell of an operation. Only thing better is when Hezbollah paged Hamas to warn them the Hamas phones blew up as well. Or done it on October 7th.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

NYT reporting that the devices beeped for a few seconds before going off, and also that there are a lot of eye injuries (because you’re looking at the message).  I’d love to know if it said something.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

boom.gif

Mossad agents earlier today...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I would imagine there were plenty of non- terrorists that were also injured today which makes it tough to cheer Israel for this.

if you send 1000s of small bombs into the wild and then remotely detonate them, you have no idea who is holding onto them. Even if you think the majority will be held by full blown terrorists, there is still many others who get hurt.

my guess is that this was led by someone in Israel who wants a wider war with Islamic countries.

• Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would imagine there were plenty of non- terrorists that were also injured today which makes it tough to cheer Israel for this.

if you send 1000s of small bombs into the wild and then remotely detonate them, you have no idea who is holding onto them. Even if you think the majority will be held by full blown terrorists, there is still many others who get hurt.

my guess is that this was led by someone in Israel who wants a wider war with Islamic countries.

There it is…..  @Brisketexan

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

There it is…..  @Brisketexan

Yeah....that's a pretty stupid take.  It's about as low-risk of collateral damage approach as you can take outside of perfectly placed sniper head shots.  I'm sure there were bystanders who were technically "injured," but I doubt that any were seriously injured, or at least no more than a handful, out of thousands of targets.  That's as good a "avoid collateral damage" approach as can be expected.

Dumb take.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....that's a pretty stupid take.  It's about as low-risk of collateral damage approach as you can take outside of perfectly placed sniper head shots.  I'm sure there were bystanders who were technically "injured," but I doubt that any were seriously injured, or at least no more than a handful, out of thousands of targets.  That's as good a "avoid collateral damage" approach as can be expected.

Dumb take.

It’s like NYT Pitchbot…

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

2000 lb bombs on apartments are way more precise 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

(X _ X) - - - - C=====8

Beyond the wounding and killing done today to bad dudes, what a psychological win it is. 

Those that survive their wounds will always be wondering if their phone, pager, or other electronic device is going to fuck them up again soon, or sometime later down the road.   🤷‍♂️            

Mossad putting terror into the terrorists.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

"It's 11:00 in the morning. And OU still sucks... But Hezbollah blows!!!"

Edited by Jameslaw121
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's 2024.  Who else would be carrying pagers?  A pager is probably harder to find in the wild than a cell phone.  Hezbollah apparently never watched The Wire.  They would have known to buy their pagers from different suppliers so it didn't get compromised.  HumInt for Israel probably got ripped off their was a big batch of pagers being ordered and being delivered to Lebanon and perked some ears.  Pagers I believe run on 2 and 3 G networks so they had to be specifically modified.  As far as the no explosive theory I don't buy it.  Yes. You can overheat a battery and cause it to explode but the heat rise is gonna burn your ass that you're gonna throw it before it explodes

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Looks like Israeli intel blew up Hezbollah pagers across Beirut. Fucking savage. 

https://x.com/michaelh992/status/1836032981250580573?s=46 

(Tweet that isn’t embedded is graphic) 

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It was literally a pager.  What it seems is that Israeli intelligence compromised whoever provided Hezbollah with the devices. 

10 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Another one...

This is just fucking wild

9 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Friend sent this:

image.thumb.jpeg.51b85fb2d6dace47fcd0d473b6fa6f0d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

As far as the no explosive theory I don't buy it. 

It seems pretty clear there were explosives involved lol. The video of the pager that blew up in the dresser left fuckin circles above and below where it was, and there's been reporting of it being about 25gr (less than an ounce) of explosives

50 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It seems pretty clear there were explosives involved lol. The video of the pager that blew up in the dresser left fuckin circles above and below where it was, and there's been reporting of it being about 25gr (less than an ounce) of explosives

That's a heavy ass pager.  Now you gotta weigh pagers

Deliberate, patient, and targeted.

Now THIS is how you go about combatting a terrorist organization. There's obviously no guarantee of zero collateral damage, but hats off to Israeli intelligence for creatively devising a way to fuck up as many dickheads as possible while also minimizing harm to innocents.

We could call this one "Operation Hezbollah Hobbled (literally)."

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“UP”

image.gif.2a8cd8ae9589a68c63abffd24a1314f4.gif