Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I get that Israel is getting tired of all the shit.... but this 2nd attack stuff isnt eliciting the same "cool" response for me. and I am definately not in the LOL group here.

popping off explosives, even small ones, in what you know is going to be a massive fucking funeral crowd seems way more reckless than it needs to be.

plus... Funeral crowd.  

thats the kind of shit thats going to get them to retaliate in a very similar fashion at the next large funeral in Israel.

why do you have a terrorist related communications device at a fucking funeral and around kids ?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I get that Israel is getting tired of all the shit.... but this 2nd attack stuff isnt eliciting the same "cool" response for me. and I am definately not in the LOL group here.

popping off explosives, even small ones, in what you know is going to be a massive fucking funeral crowd seems way more reckless than it needs to be.

plus... Funeral crowd.  

thats the kind of shit thats going to get them to retaliate in a very similar fashion at the next large funeral in Israel.

Look at 956's video above your post.

This is said to be at the funeral. While crowded, the only dirtbag being wounded was the one with the radio. These aren't shrapnel explosions but a device (pager or radio) most likely with PETN in it. The same could be said for the guy with the pager at the market. Two other shoppers or the person who was selling was right next to him and uninjured. If you have one of these pagers or radios, you're a bad guy. 

Hamas/Hezbollah/fucking terrorists getting a taste of their own medicine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i don’t believe it 

hezbellah is lying 

It was the Health Minister of Lebanon who announced the death of the children. Hezbollah isn't in charge of the national government--though they are part of it. Hezbollah is more like a state within a state, controlling the southern half of the country.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

don’t start none, won’t be none.

hezballah started this whole deal to take in cash. their leadership live a wonderful life, far away from lebanon 

You're confusing Hezbollah with Hamas. Hezbollah's leadership is firmly rooted in Lebanon, while Hamas's leadership is in Qatar. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I purposely left this out of the original reply because its naive- level funny.

sometime in the 1989-90 school year, I would guess the 1990 portion. I was a Freshman in HS.  I am sitting in homeroom and the Principle comes on after morning announcements. 

and emphatically stated that pagers are not allowed in school anymore, that the "only normal use for them is by a doctor, lawyer or nurse, and that no student should ever need a pager." and anyone caught with one would be automatically suspended.  and he then logged off.

and me, pure bred D.A.R.E., naive army-brat white boy, during the 1-2 mins left before first bell am wondering aloud... "why the fuck would a student need a pager"

and thats when my urban classmate that sat next to me told me that, thats how drug dealers work....   Whiteboy97-horn learned a very interesting lesson that day.....

Maybe you should learn another one and think the second wave of concentrated bombs was cool and funny. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Seems like Ana and Fantana are on an island here and their no show here is telling.

Are you having imaginary conversations in your head, or just acting like your typical smooth brained dipshit self?

Virtually no one on this board is going to have a problem with Mossad taking out terrorists in precisely executed targeted attacks that minimize innocent civilian casualties. I know that it is hard for you to process how a highly sophisticated operation executed with precision, as this one appears to be, is meaningfully different than the ethnic cleansing exercise that continues in Gaza.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Are you having imaginary conversations in your head, or just acting like your typical smooth brained dipshit self?

Virtually no one on this board is going to have a problem with Mossad taking out terrorists in precisely executed targeted attacks that minimize innocent civilian casualties. I know that it is hard for you to process how a highly sophisticated operation executed with precision, as this one appears to be, is meaningfully different than the ethnic cleansing exercise that continues in Gaza.

Idk what's wrong today specifically but ever since I fucked his wife he's been a bit moody

The funny part is I literally hit the post button about the same time he did and I didn't even read his post until now. Rent free in that dipshit's head for all time apparently.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

image.gif.f00a53587b6a5b05fe378ae95d6aea84.gif

Shocking you’d have selective reading disorder on this particular topic. For one, of a few, I give you this particular dipshit:

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Hey rex

go fuck yourself, 

signed the entire rest of surly

I’m not gonna look up his post or others for you, Ana. “Virtually no one” is the kind of cocksure bullshit you’re infamous for. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

if true, pure bawaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha …

I'm sure it's true, that's the first thing I thought when I saw the story..."Mossad probably owns the supplier". It would be too difficult to do otherwise probably.

e: I mean from a leaks standpoint. Getting explosives in those devices without someone chirping about it would be next to impossible if they weren't actually doing the manufacturing themselves I think.

Edited by Brian Fantana

13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Shocking you’d have selective reading disorder on this particular topic. For one, of a few, I give you this particular dipshit:

I’m not gonna look up his post or others for you, Ana. “Virtually no one” is the kind of cocksure bullshit you’re infamous for. 

go fuck yourself cunt.  or bitch, or smartass, or nightpisser or whatever your 1 inch dick gets upset at.  

its your schtick to fuck up every thread, troll everyperson. and be an overall cunt.

congrats you achieved your goal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

image.gif.f00a53587b6a5b05fe378ae95d6aea84.gif

God, shut the fuck up for once in your life.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Pagers got blowed up on Tuesday and walkie-talkies today. Does anyone have an expectation of what may or may not get 'sploded tomorrow?

Laptops maybe? Or nada? I guess speculating on that is the mindfuck part of these operations.

All I know is I'd be hesitant to set any alarms, turn on any TVs, run any microwaves, sit on any toilets, or start up any cars.

Edited by bolverk
Oh, and doorbells. No thank you. I'll just knock.
  • Like 1

Pagers and short-range two-way radios are relatively simple devices. It would comparatively easy for Mossad to control the manufacturing process on something like that as a single source vs. say, a laptop. We're talking orders of magnitude easier, even if they knew where all the separate components were being manufactured. They'd get made somewhere.

5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm sure it's true, that's the first thing I thought when I saw the story..."Mossad probably owns the supplier". It would be too difficult to do otherwise probably.

e: I mean from a leaks standpoint. Getting explosives in those devices without someone chirping about it would be next to impossible if they weren't actually doing the manufacturing themselves I think.

in hope the purchasing got a trophy for finding a new supplier and saving $1.50 per pager 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

so how are they going to communicate moving forward ?

I don't know but this will funnel their comms into certain obvious areas.  Israel watches to see how they react.  Some truly valuable intel comes from what they can learn about how the enemy evolves after this.  When you turn the lights on in a room full of rats, you watch to see where they run to.  There's science in the chaos of scrambling rats.  

UN rights chief demands accountability for Lebanon pager blasts

Those responsible for a deadly wave of explosions across Lebanon targeting paging devices used by members of Hezbollah “must be held to account,” the UN rights chief says.

“Simultaneous targeting of thousands of individuals, whether civilians or members of armed groups, without knowledge as to who was in possession of the targeted devices, their location and their surroundings at the time of the attack, violates international human rights law and, to the extent applicable, international humanitarian law,” Volker Turk says in a statement.

IMG_8328.gif

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

“Simultaneous targeting of thousands of individuals, whether civilians or members of armed groups, without knowledge as to who was in possession of the targeted devices, their location and their surroundings at the time of the attack, violates international human rights law and, to the extent applicable, international humanitarian law,” Volker Turk says in a statement.

What are the relevant human rights and international laws in this case?

56 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Those responsible for a deadly wave of explosions across Lebanon targeting paging devices used by members of Hezbollah “must be held to account,” the UN rights chief says.

IMG_8328.gif

NPR's reporting has toed this line- using framing like: "indiscriminate explosions across public places like grocery stores, hospitals, and malls with thousands of people dead including children. "

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

IMG_8328.gif

I'm sure he just took the same statement he has made thousands of times condemning Hezbollah attacks and just changed the names and type of attack.  Right? ..... right?   ....   right

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

IMG_8328.gif

It’s good to get the UN on record that Israel is being insufficiently careful with targeting in the way they gave tiny bombs only to terrorists that are then blown up inside their pockets. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

These attacks have made it pretty clear who really meant "we support Israel's right to defend itself but they are being reckless in Gaza" and who will find reasons to bitch at anything Israel does.

The argument that what they're doing violates international law and that they often act without accountability is a legitimate one, but I don't really have a problem with what they did here. Minimal collateral damage.

Another thing I've been thinking about is I'm honestly not sure what this accomplishes in the long run. Obviously they spent a lot of time and money planning this, and it gives Hezbollah something to think about for sure, but ultimately what does it accomplish?

Are they trying to provoke open warfare with Lebanon or just thumb their noses at Hezbollah? I'm honestly unsure and I'd be curious to hear others' perspectives.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

The argument that what they're doing violates international law and that they often act without accountability is a legitimate one, but I don't really have a problem with what they did here. Minimal collateral damage.

Another thing I've been thinking about is I'm honestly not sure what this accomplishes in the long run. Obviously they spent a lot of time and money planning this, and it gives Hezbollah something to think about for sure, but ultimately what does it accomplish?

Are they trying to provoke open warfare with Lebanon or just thumb their noses at Hezbollah? I'm honestly unsure and I'd be curious to hear others' perspectives.

1) It takes out a few Hezbollah militants as viable combatants (dead or seriously injured enough that they can no longer fight).  Taking out enemy soldiers is always a plus.

2) It cripples their existing communication network (the, uhh, network done got blowed up).

3) It makes it very hard for Hezbollah to build a new comms network in can trust.

4) (and this is a prediction) In the immediate term, the items above make Hezbollah vulnerable to a series of traditional kinetic attacks.  It's harder for them to protect their assets and weapons, organize a defense, etc.  I wouldn't be surprised to see increased Israeli airstrikes and troop actions against Hezbollah in the coming days.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2