Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

Just now, bolverk said:

Are you trolling?

I said they have enough resources to have an okay economy if conditions were right. Those conditions include not being run by Hamas and not having a land, sea, and air blockade.

Your big initial argument was that Palestine (West Bank plus Gaza) could never have a sufficiently functioning economy to warrant independence. I countered with a long-ass post showing that they do have economic potential.

No, not trolling.

You're saying that have the conditions except the leadership that they appoint to be leaders.  That's part of it.  The populace has to have to the will and desire to be a functioning country.  The country has to be more than a staging ground for invasions into Israel, which is all it has ever been since 1948.

Dubai, Singapore, Taiwan, and Abu Dabi have almost zero natural resources but they have shown a will to put commerce ahead of anything else.  Palestine has not shown that.  Sure, they have some resources.  What would they do with them?

You act like Hamas acts in a bubble separate from the actual Palestinians they most decidedly do not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

No, not trolling.

You're saying that have the conditions except the leadership that they appoint to be leaders.  That's part of it.  The populace has to have to the will and desire to be a functioning country.  The country has to be more than a staging ground for invasions into Israel, which is all it has ever been since 1948.

Dubai, Singapore, Taiwan, and Abu Dabi have almost zero natural resources but they have shown a will to put commerce ahead of anything else.  Palestine has not shown that.  Sure, they have some resources.  What would they do with them?

You act like Hamas acts in a bubble separate from the actual Palestinians they most decidedly do not.

You do realize that many Gazans began to protest against Hamas a few years ago but were brutally repressed.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

You do realize that many Gazans began to protest against Hamas a few years ago but were brutally repressed.

So, why didn't the rest of the Arab world do something about that?

BTW, I don't buy for an instant that the Palestinian people don't want a pile of dead Jews.  What happens on 10/7 was barbaric and that doesn't happen in a vacuum.  

Why is "Palestine" always the staging ground for invasions into Israel?

Edited by Aqua Buddha

13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Horseshit. They could’ve had a state dozens of times over the last 75 years but they’ve been meatheadly stupid. Israel is blocking it, for VERY good reason, and we are backing them up. UN may be emboldened but they miss the big picture like the NCAA. They’ll never be granted statehood without a WWIII or a major change in their leadership and general rhetoric. 

And if they’d been granted statehood decades ago, the same 10/7 shit would’ve happened. 

So they both could have had statehood at any time, yet they will only get statehood with WWIII?

Which is it?

And as for Israel blocking them.  Are you under the impression Israel could block Palestinian statehood without the US backing them? 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So, why didn't the rest of the Arab world do something about that?

I dunno. Why did Netanyahu continue to prop up Hamas?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

Why is "Palestine" always the staging ground for invasions into Israel?

It's not.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So they both could have had statehood at any time, yet they will only get statehood with WWIII?

Which is it?

And as for Israel blocking them.  Are you under the impression Israel could block Palestinian statehood without the US backing them? 

Israel has had statehood for 76 years and it ain’t going anywhere. Yes, Palestinians could’ve had it dozens of times but have rejected. Are you disputing this?

Yes, a WWIII scenario that heavily involves Arab nations’ victory (unlikely) could result in some sort of Palestine but that would never be even a tertiary aim. 

Good question about Palestine without US support of Israel. UN and European countries are filled with bureaucratic vaginas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Israel has had statehood for 76 years and it ain’t going anywhere. Yes, Palestinians could’ve had it dozens of times but have rejected. Are you disputing this?

If you understood the "why" of your first statement, you'd understand why the second part was never going to happen... at least officially in terms of the UN member status.  

But understand, that the US is in the extreme minority in our unwillingness to allow official member status of a Palestine state.

In 2012, only the US, Israel, Argentina, Czechia, Hungary, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau and Papua New Guinea voted against official UN member status for Palestine.  So only 9 votes against and 138 for... but for some reason the resolution failed.  I wonder why.  Oh, that's right, the US vetoed it.

So again, the only reason Palestine is not a UN recognized state, is the US.  Period.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So again, the only reason Palestine is not a UN recognized state, is the US.  Period.

We veto almost everything having to do with illegal settlements. But you see, there are people that talk about decency and the international rules based order. Self identified clowns. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yes, it is.  

Why?

Did you forget that Hezbollah launches its rockets at Israel from southern Lebanon, not the West Bank or Gaza?

Yom Kippur (1973): Syria attacked at the Golan Heights, not the West Bank or Gaza. Egypt launched its attack from across the Suez Canal, not the West Bank or Gaza.

Just two quick and easy examples. So, yeah, not always.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

The entire debate staggers the fucking imagination. 

Let's delve into your imagination. The basis for the opinions you hold on this topic include but are not limited to:

• Criticism of Israel's actions and government are antisemitic
  • Palestinians only care about killing Jews
  • The vast majority of those that support Palestinian liberation are Hamas supporters
  • Everyone that supports Palestinian liberation is a pedophile
  • Can't decide whether this conflict is 5,000 years old, or that Hamas "started it" on Oct. 7
  • Unironically and without a single shred of awareness believe things like the following:
    • “A purposeful policy designed to remove by violent and terror-inspiring means the civilian population of another ethnic or religious group (Jews) from certain geographic areas (Israel).” - Nevermind the fact that this is literally happening every single day in the West Bank, to Palestinians, by Israeli backed settler militias.

These are all things you have said in this thread.

So tell me, with all of that coupled with the fact that you bristle up like a cornered wild hog every time someone criticizes Israel's leadership, despite the fact that far more Israelis have protested and spoken out against Netanyahu's government and its actions (prior to AND post Oct. 7) than the American college students you despise so much, why should any fucking person alive take you seriously?

You have flailed around so much in this thread and others and you always resort to calling anyone that opposes your viewpoints terrorist sympathizers or pedophiles, it's no wonder you keep getting timed out for being a fucking moron.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This discussion of a hypothetic Palestinian economy is hilarious, kinda like the arguments you might have with a guy that just can't figure out why Cuba is still so poor.

Talk about two places that have nothing in common.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm not comparing them, it's just the same kind of discussion.

Since you made up the discussion, you might want to explain yourself. Otherwise, it looks like you are just babbling.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Since you made up the discussion, you might want to explain yourself. Otherwise, it looks like you are just babbling.

Yeah I'll take a pass from being lectured by someone that posts with such incredible wisdom and nuance like this:

9 hours ago, Bevo said:

Israelis and jews would never accept this.

• Hook 'Em 1

Like you know the fucking first thing about Israel and Israelis. You've never visited. You never spoken to. You have never tried to understand. You know absolutely shit from Shinola despite your self-proclaimed passion and lack of objectivity on the subject.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Like you know the fucking first thing about Israel and Israelis. You've never visited. You never spoken to. You have never tried to understand. You know absolutely shit from Shinola despite your self-proclaimed passion and lack of objectivity on the subject.

Lol. You openly expressed an absolutist position in the most idiotic "Jews are a monolith" matter imaginable, and then start blubbering like a 10 year old with a skinned knee after receiving the smallest amount of pushback, and I'M the one with the lack of objectivity.

Remarkable.

@Bevo

Nevermind the fact that I have openly talked about, multiple times in the months prior to Oct. 7, at least in the CR thread, that I have a fairly sizable chunk of extended family that reside both in Israel and Gaza (mostly Israel).

And yes, I have visited, albeit it's been close to 30 years since the last trip and I can't imagine I'll be going back any time soon. Not that it fucking matters if I've been there or not. Sick attempt at gatekeeping though, real cute.

I really don't understand why so many of you take criticism of Israel's leadership as an attack on its people, its right to exist, an attack on Jews, etc etc. Their leadership is pretty much entirely unquestionable from an American Zionist perspective, while their approval rating in Israel itself is abysmal. It would be hilarious if it wasn't directly causing a lot of death and suffering.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

They'll absolutely need help, especially in rebuilding a completely demolished Gaza. I think the typical foreign aid you see going to developing countries would probably be enough in the West Bank.

If attacked, Israel should, of course, defend itself within the bounds of international law.

Just in the last twenty years Hamas has been given Billions by the US, Europe, the UN, Arab countries, and Iran, to do just that. And what did they do with it? Spent it on tunnels and bunkers built under schools and hospitals, training terrorists to commit bombings and killings, and terrorizing and killing any Palestinian who didn't toe their militant line in Gaza. They were given millions worth of water pipes for infrastructure, and they turned them into missiles. Hamas was given millions of gallons of diesel for generators, and food for their people, and they seized it all, either selling it, or using it for their own forces. They were elected once in 2006, then proceeded to kill their Palestinian political enemies in Gaza, and have refused any attempt at elections since. There is a reason even their fellow Sunni Arab countries are fed up and sick of their shit.

Any attempt to explain away their behavior, or "what about" with antisemitic dogma, is the kind of naive, idealistic, buffoonery the "progressive" West (and the CR) excels at. If you find yourself making excuses for, and rationalizing away, the acts of a fucking terrorist organization that just willfully raped, tortured, kidnapped, and killed civilians, and fucking filmed themselves bragging about doing it, you are a piece of shit. Publicly sucking terrorist dick on the internet is a bad look.

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Not the way we have completely fucked then for decades

Who is "we" exactly? Whether the PA, or Hamas, the Palestinians have never missed an opportunity, to miss an opportunity. Arafat could have gotten far more than anyone thought possible in 94, and he shit all over it. Since then the Palestinians, the PA, and Hamas, have been given Billions, and have either stolen it, or used it to fund terrorists. Fuck them, and fuck this bullshit line of bumper sticker "thinking".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_aid_to_Palestinians

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, F250 said:

This thread is crazy but entertaining.

This thread is the equivalent of a patient coming to my clinic and is certain of their own diagnosis because they did some “Google research.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Just in the last twenty years Hamas has been given Billions by the US, Europe, the UN, Arab countries, and Iran, to do just that. And what did they do with it? Spent it on tunnels and bunkers built under schools and hospitals, training terrorists to commit bombings and killings, and terrorizing and killing any Palestinian who didn't toe their militant line in Gaza. They were given millions worth of water pipes for infrastructure, and they turned them into missiles. Hamas was given millions of gallons of diesel for generators, and food for their people, and they seized it all, either selling it, or using it for their own forces. They were elected once in 2006, then proceeded to kill their Palestinian political enemies in Gaza, and have refused any attempt at elections since. There is a reason even their fellow Sunni Arab countries are fed up and sick of their shit.

Any attempt to explain away their behavior, or "what about" with antisemitic dogma, is the kind of naive, idealistic, buffoonery the "progressive" West (and the CR) excels at. If you find yourself making excuses for, and rationalizing away, the acts of a fucking terrorist organization that just willfully raped, tortured, kidnapped, and killed civilians, and fucking filmed themselves bragging about doing it, you are a piece of shit. Publicly sucking terrorist dick on the internet is a bad look.

So you're just going to completely ignore what I said about Hamas needing to be out of the picture. Nice rage rant against an argument I did not make, though. 

Oh, and a hearty "fuck you" for implying I've made any excuses for or rationalized their heinous terrorist attack. You know what is a bad look is publicly lying about what other people say when you've got 88 pages of posts and won't find a single post from me or others supporting Hamas's horrendous actions targeted against Jewish people and the few bedouins and foreign guest workers who got in the way.

If you can't tell the difference between someone making an economic argument that Palestine could be a viable state under the right conditions and thinking they support terrorists, then you're too stupid and/or too emotional to post about the topic.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Some early reporting from both sides that the captured Israeli, Noa Argamani, was held hostage in the home of a journalist for the Palestine Chronicle (US based and 501 c3 nonprofit news org) and spokesman for the Hamas Ministry of Labor. He, his wife, and his father, a doctor, were reportedly killed in the operation. He also seems to have done freelance work for Al Jazeera 

Full text of below tweet:

This kind of blew up, so let me clear up the confusion as to where things stand as of now.

𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝: 

🔸Abdallah Aljamal was a journalist for the Palestine Chronicle, a US-based 501c3

🔸He was the spokesperson for Hamas's Ministry of Labor

🔸He was NOT a journalist for Al Jazeera. Yes, we all got that wrong. (Doesn't mean Al Jazeera isn't still a Hamas mouthpiece though, because it absolutely is)

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝:

🔸That Israeli hostages were held by Abdallah Aljamal

In an initial testimony documenting the killings committed by the Israeli army in the Nuseirat camp today, the @EuroMedHR reported that the Israeli army used a ladder to enter the home of Dr. Ahmed Al-Jamal. The army immediately executed 36-year-old Fatima Al-Jamal upon encountering her on the staircase. The forces then stormed the house and executed her husband, journalist Abdullah Al-Jamal, 36, and his father, Dr. Ahmed, 74, in front of his grandchildren. The army also shot their daughter, Zainab, 27, who sustained serious injuries.

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/artc-gazan-civilians-held-rescued-israeli-hostage-noa-argamani-in-their-home-report 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Let's delve into your imagination. The basis for the opinions you hold on this topic include but are not limited to:

• Criticism of Israel's actions and government are antisemitic. I NEVER SAID THAT. THERE ARE DEMONSTRATED INDIVIDUAL POSTER EXCEPTIONS AND YOU ARE DEFINITELY EXHIBIT A. 
  • Palestinians only care about killing Jews.  YOU CONSTANTLY IGNORE MY CONTEXT. PALESTINIAN LEADERS?  YEAH.
  • The vast majority of those that support Palestinian liberation are Hamas supporters. NEVER SAID THAT. AN ALARMING PERCENTAGE ARE. AND YOU CONSTANTLY POKE FUN AT THIS REALITY. 
  • Everyone that supports Palestinian liberation is a pedophile. WEIRD COMMENT. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. 
  • Can't decide whether this conflict is 5,000 years old, or that Hamas "started it" on Oct. 7 LOL. YOU ON THE OTHER HAND ARE SURE IT IS A MUCH SHORTER-TERM CONFLICT AS YOU HAVE REPEATED AND REPEATED. SO, WAS THERE OR WAS THERE NOT A CEASEFIRE ON OCTOBER 6th?
  • Unironically and without a single shred of awareness believe things like the following:  LITERALLY BEFORE THE QUOTE, WHICH WAS A REPLY TO BOLVERK WHO APPLIED THIS QUOTE TO ISRAEL AGAINST PALESTINIANS, I ASKED HIM IF HE WAS AWARE OF THE IRONY. YOU WILLFULLY MISS CONTEXT, AND ARE EGREGIOUSLY DISINGENOUS. 
    • “A purposeful policy designed to remove by violent and terror-inspiring means the civilian population of another ethnic or religious group (Jews) from certain geographic areas (Israel).” - Nevermind the fact that this is literally happening every single day in the West Bank, to Palestinians, by Israeli backed settler militias.

These are all things you have said in this thread.

So tell me, with all of that coupled with the fact that you bristle up like a cornered wild hog every time someone criticizes Israel's leadership, despite the fact that far more Israelis have protested and spoken out against Netanyahu's government and its actions (prior to AND post Oct. 7) than the American college students you despise so much, why should any fucking person alive take you seriously?

You have flailed around so much in this thread and others and you always resort to calling anyone that opposes your viewpoints terrorist sympathizers or pedophiles, it's no wonder you keep getting timed out for being a fucking moron.

Above. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Who is "we" exactly? Whether the PA, or Hamas, the Palestinians have never missed an opportunity, to miss an opportunity. Arafat could have gotten far more than anyone thought possible in 94, and he shit all over it. Since then the Palestinians, the PA, and Hamas, have been given Billions, and have either stolen it, or used it to fund terrorists. Fuck them, and fuck this bullshit line of bumper sticker "thinking".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_aid_to_Palestinians

Cool. Cool.

But just to be clear, since 1993, the US has provided $7.6b in humanitarian aid to Palestine.

In comparison, since October of last year, the US has provided Israel with $12.5b in military aid.

And in the 20 years preceding the Oct. 7th attacks we gave them, on average, over $3b per year in military aid.

Hmm, I wonder why the Palestinians needed humanitarian aid?

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Cool. Cool.

But just to be clear, since 1993, the US has provided $7.6b in humanitarian aid to Palestine.

In comparison, since October of last year, the US has provided Israel with $12.5b in military aid.

And in the 20 years preceding the Oct. 7th attacks we gave them, on average, over $3b per year in military aid.

Duh, Because they spend all their money on tunnels and rockets? 🤪

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Because their leadership are the dumbest savages imaginable and they keep doing barbaric shit. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lmao just no sense of irony or awareness

Nah just a good judge of measurements. I guess you’re busying yourself not responding to my post, or perhaps preparing your next out of context post designed to mislead.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bolverk said:

So you're just going to completely ignore what I said about Hamas needing to be out of the picture. Nice rage rant against an argument I did not make, though. 

Oh, and a hearty "fuck you" for implying I've made any excuses for or rationalized their heinous terrorist attack. You know what is a bad look is publicly lying about what other people say when you've got 88 pages of posts and won't find a single post from me or others supporting Hamas's horrendous actions targeted against Jewish people and the few bedouins and foreign guest workers who got in the way.

If you can't tell the difference between someone making an economic argument that Palestine could be a viable state under the right conditions and thinking they support terrorists, then you're too stupid and/or too emotional to post about the topic.

I wasn't referencing you specifically. Sorry you took it that way.

48 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Cool. Cool.

Because they keep stealing, wasting, and misusing the aid they are given? Regardless, your "whataboutism" falls on deaf ears, though you compassion signaling is noted.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Because they keep stealing, wasting, and misusing the aid they are given? Regardless, your "whataboutism" falls on deaf ears, though you compassion signaling is noted.

I don't know what "compassion signaling" is, but I'm definitely signaling that some of you need a history lesson. 

Quick question, is Palestine allowed to have a military? 

If not, (spoiler, no was the correct answer), how do you propose they defend themselves against Israel?

I'll also answer that for you...asymmetrical warfare is their only option, so don't be surprised when they use it.

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

is Palestine allowed to have a military? 

If not, (spoiler, no was the correct answer), how do you propose they defend themselves against Israel?

No. God no. Are you insane?

I propose they stop firing rockets and committing other terror attacks.  Note, this is also the solution to all of their other problems  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't know what "compassion signaling" is, but I'm definitely signaling that some of you need a history lesson. 

Quick question, is Palestine allowed to have a military? 

I'll also answer that for you...asymmetrical warfare is their only option, so don't be surprised when they use it.

"asymmetrical warfare is their only option"  Guess instead of  "compassion signaling" i should have said "Terrorist sympathizing". And I'm not surprised they use it, I'm surprised by the amount of naive, Western, "progressive", rationalizing defense of it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

No. God no. Are you insane?

I propose they stop firing rockets and committing other terror attacks.  Note, this is also the solution to all of their other problems  

Wow, your understanding of what's going on is astonishingly bad.

How Rex and co see the relationship between Israel and Palestine.

image.png.3f319fe9d7a53f2a3cfadc3d507e4a76.png

In actual news of the day:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Benny Gantz, a centrist member of Israel’s three-man war Cabinet, announced his resignation Sunday, accusing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of mismanaging the war effort and putting his own “political survival” over the country’s security needs.

Gantz called for Israel to hold elections in the fall, and encouraged the third member of the war Cabinet, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, to “do the right thing” and resign from the government as well. Gallant has previously said he would resign if Israel chose to reoccupy Gaza, and encouraged the government to make plans for a Palestinian administration.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Wow, your understanding of what's going on is astonishingly bad.

How Rex and co see the relationship between Israel and Palestine.

image.png.3f319fe9d7a53f2a3cfadc3d507e4a76.png

Is it bad?  I mean, I’m not advocating provisioning Palestine with an army. 

15 minutes ago, bolverk said:

In actual news of the day:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Benny Gantz, a centrist member of Israel’s three-man war Cabinet, announced his resignation Sunday, accusing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of mismanaging the war effort and putting his own “political survival” over the country’s security needs.

Gantz called for Israel to hold elections in the fall, and encouraged the third member of the war Cabinet, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, to “do the right thing” and resign from the government as well. Gallant has previously said he would resign if Israel chose to reoccupy Gaza, and encouraged the government to make plans for a Palestinian administration.

Oh hey, actual news in the supposed news thread. Benny Gantz was an actual sane person in the Israeli government. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

What's bad is that you don't know why Israel was granted statehood, while Palestine wasn't, yet you blame Palestine for everything bad and treat Israel like some beacon of peace and love.

11 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Well if they had a professional military and police that was not Hamas it might be a bit different.

The PA in the West Bank does. Pretty damn effective as well. They do not go after extremist or terrorists, they handle day to day police functions.

And it is US funded.

Not getting on a side, just a bit of fact as this thread goes the usual Surly way.

• Like 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Well if they had a professional military and police that was not Hamas it might be a bit different.

The PA in the West Bank does. Pretty damn effective as well. They do not go after extremist or terrorists, they handle day to day police functions.

And it is US funded.

Not getting on a side, just a bit of fact as this thread goes the usual Surly way.

Well maybe, just maybe if Hamas wasn’t in control, and Gaza could go a few months without firing a rocket, then they could have something similar.