Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

3 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

There are a lot of things they can do to lose my support. 

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

What could they do that would cause you to withdrawal your support?

2 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m not particularly qualified to answer that, unlike all you resident George Friedmans here. 

Total clown. 

It’s notable someone as seemingly intelligent as you actually believes Israel is completely ethnically cleansing. Israel the state; not WB settlers. It’s a terrible take. Hyperbole and mockery is the only way to respond. 

Israel the state…the one with the government where the National security minister himself said that there should be a “solution” that involves…all Gazans leaving Gaza?
The state led by Likud, which has consistently stated that Gaza (included within the broad territories it references) belongs only to Jews? That state?
Come on. It’s a pretty transparent goal, and the people in charge of the government have said as much.

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Israel the state…the one with the government where the National security minister himself said that there should be a “solution” that involves…all Gazans leaving Gaza?
The state led by Likud, which has consistently stated that Gaza (included within the broad territories it references) belongs only to Jews? That state?
Come on. It’s a pretty transparent goal, and the people in charge of the government have said as much.

So why don’t they take it?  They’ve ringfenced it since ‘06. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Total clown. 

I’m not qualified to answer whereas Israel detractors here act like their wholly qualified. But it’d take a lot more than what they’re doing in Gaza. I find the WB settlers and Israel’s complicity with them more troubling than anything that’s occurred in Gaza. But yeah, there’s plenty they could do there that’d make my support wane. 

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I find the WB settlers and Israel’s complicity with them more troubling than anything that’s occurred in Gaza. But yeah, there’s plenty they could do there that’d make my support wane. 

Like what? What action in the WB does it take? You said there are lots of things. Nobody forced you to say that. You and I know that it is just empty rhetoric that you will hide behind. It would be easy to prove me wrong. Just articulate exactly what it would take.  

So why don’t they take it?  They’ve ringfenced it since ‘06. 

Because now they have the excuse/justification. So they are taking it. Right now, that’s exactly what they are doing (wipe out/drive out the existing population by either killing them or making the region unlivable for them (or both…they’re doing both)). Which is what Bibi wanted…which is part of why he fueled and supercharged Hamas. This isn’t hard or complicated.

9 hours ago, HellesBier said:

The fact that the right has become the party of resistance and questioning tells you a lot. Don't pay them one second of attention other than to laugh. Let them rot under bridges as California gives them a pizza and free showers for their vote.

Holy shit, look at the hero over here fighting the good fight! 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Like what? What action in the WB does it take? You said there are lots of things. Nobody forced you to say that. You and I know that it is just empty rhetoric that you will hide behind. It would be easy to prove me wrong. Just articulate exactly what it would take.  

Don’t know. Will voice it when I see it. Don’t really care to articulate with you further on hypotheticals. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Because now they have the excuse/justification. So they are taking it. Right now, that’s exactly what they are doing (wipe out/drive out the existing population by either killing them or making the region unlivable for them (or both…they’re doing both)). Which is what Bibi wanted…which is part of why he fueled and supercharged Hamas. This isn’t hard or complicated.

They’re exterminating Hamas. Which is what we knew they’d do on October 7th. That is the priority. 

Edited by Rex Kramer

21 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I really don’t care other than to point out what is apparent. I’ll call it out every time, and you’ll whine next time I’m unhinged. I don’t know how you feel on the subject and don’t care.

People in this thread go along with both sides posts made by Brisket and Inka, or even solely anti-Israel posts bolverk and fantana make, albeit to a lesser extent. All of these posters are moronic on the topic, and if me calling it out equates to being unhinged, then I’m a raging Derka on the matter, I guess. 

you: “derka is a psycho, i want no part of engaging him.”

also you: constantly brings up my name in a derisive manner, totally unprovoked.

you have a serious problem.

Edited by Derka
  • Fuck You 1

On 9/3/2024 at 2:30 PM, Foosters said:

I'm not calling you out for disagreeing, I'm calling you out for being a massive dick to good posters who are merely offering their opinions or sharing the opinions of others. Responding with "fuck you" or "go fuck yourself" or "go fuck your mother" to posts that were in no way personal and simply offered opinion is neg worthy. Its one neg. It wont hurt you. And surely, someone telling people to go fuck themselves at the drop of a hat won't be bothered by one little neg? Or maybe you'll make a post about it and keep talking about it. 

6 hours ago, Derka said:

you: “derka is a psycho, i want no part of engaging him.”

also you: constantly brings up my name in a derisive manner, totally unprovoked.

you have a serious problem.

Lol he got suspended for calling me a pedophile in response to a mild disagreement with a different poster that didn't involve him at all.

But guys, he doesn't fly off the handle!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Don’t know. Will voice it when I see it. Don’t really care to articulate with you further on hypotheticals. 

18 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You said there are lots of things. Nobody forced you to say that. You and I know that it is just empty rhetoric that you will hide behind.

Like I said, total clown. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lol he got suspended for calling me a pedophile in response to a mild disagreement with a different poster that didn't involve him at all.

But guys, he doesn't fly off the handle!

No I didn’t. The pederast comment was made to bolverk and was a fucking movie quote. It was a joke that flew over his head and you both have held onto. When I got a timeout, you received one as well. But glad you’re finding support with your new friend. 

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Like I said, total clown. 

K. Substantive. 

Edited by Rex Kramer

On 9/3/2024 at 1:34 PM, Brisketexan said:

I continue to be fascinated by the lazy characterization of anyone who is anything less than "I support what Israel is doing 100%, without any reservation" as just another "liberal."

I am, and always have been, pretty moderate.  Even conservative on many points (I'm actually pretty hawkish for someone who votes Democrat these days).  Nobody here has said that there aren't hard decisions to be made, and unpleasant actions to be taken, in war.  Where you are wrong is where you take that truth, and extrapolate it to "and therefore, anything and everything the side I support does is right, and cannot be questioned."

Even worse, you are blind to what this does to Israel's position in the long run.  If you had asked me on October 8th....or even a month after, "who has the better side in this situation right now?", I'd have answered "Israel," and rather quickly (and yes, that is with full knowledge of Israel's unclean hands with respect to Palestinians....as well as my knowledge of the previous unclean hands of Hamas and the PLO and Hezbollah).  Today, I do not give that answer.  I am the sort of person who Israel wants and needs supporting them.  I am not at a campus rally saying "From the River to the Sea!"  I am not wearing a keffiyeh.  I think that the over-the-top pro-Palestinian types that I know are ridiculous, childish, and blind to reality.  But I am coming quite close to losing any and all sympathy or empathy for Israel and its cause.  If Israel wants to say "fuck everyone, we're going to be a villain," cool.  They can do that without my support.  

I will likely never again think well of Israel as a state.  I am not alone.  And again, I am no Hamas-sympathizer.  I'm the type of person who Israel-supporters could once say were pretty much in their corner.  I'm not any more.  It doesn't cost Israel to lose the support of Brisket.  But in the long run, it will cost them to lose the support of millions of people like me in the West, which is happening in real time.  One of Israel's greatest assets has been popular support in the West.  Burning that down for now and the future seems counter-productive but hey, Bibi has the war of annihilation (which also functions to keep him in power and out of prison - what a coincidental bonus, right?  Couldn't POSSIBLY be a big part of his motivation, could it?), just like he wanted, and isn't that what's really important?  Short-term win for Bibi, long-term cost be damned.

You can’t reason w someone who believes the new Temple has to be built before Jesus can come back

• Hook 'Em 1

Hey I’m totally against genocide an ethnic cleansing, it’s just the only way to root out this terrorist organization is to indiscriminately bomb the civilians who live in the same area, starve them out, and make the area completely uninhabitable 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Hey I’m totally against genocide an ethnic cleansing, it’s just the only way to root out this terrorist organization is to indiscriminately bomb the civilians who live in the same area, starve them out, and make the area completely uninhabitable 

You still drinking from last night? Go to bed.

7 hours ago, HellesBier said:

You still drinking from last night? Go to bed.

No some of us get up early to go to work. You telling me you’re not a true believer? You seem like somebody that’s just waiting for the rapture.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

No some of us get up early to go to work. You telling me you’re not a true believer? You seem like somebody that’s just waiting for the rapture.

Supposedly a well traveled Eastern European, just got his US Citizenship, but hates liberals (which most of us are he thinks), immigrants if they are brown or anti his way of thinking, and our military sucks cuz they are all trans. Oh, and the homeless love pizza.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Supposedly a well traveled Eastern European, just got his US Citizenship, but hates liberals (which most of us are he thinks), immigrants if they are brown or anti his way of thinking, and our military sucks cuz they are all trans. Oh, and the homeless love pizza.

Sounds like an asshole

On 9/6/2024 at 5:13 PM, InkaUtexas said:

He's the same guy that's been banned from multiple websites for getting drunk and posting racist shit. He then comes back with a new username.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1