NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

Another reason I love the playoffs: the complete tonal shifts in how teams feel heading to the off-season. How the fuck is Minnesota supposed to feel about this year? Best defense in the league, beat the champs, furthest they've advanced in 20 years, Ant is amazing...

...lost 3 times at home in a 5 game series to the 5 seed, including an ass kicking in an elimination game, KAT is a mental midget and hamstrings the roster with his contract kicking in, Rudy is still a liability in the playoffs. 

Awful, embarrassing, pathetic effort. As if [mention=37]MNLonghornFUKM[/mention] hasn't been through enough over the years. Brutal way to end this season where they seemed to turn the corner. 
Denver is going to be kicking themselves all summer for losing to these bums.  

I’ll be over it by 10P tonight. This is nothing

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

KP better be ready, or Mavs should win Finals. 

Even if Boston has KP, I still expect Dallas to win it all...

I wish I felt as confident.  The Mavs on defense have been willing to pack the paint and give up 3s. Boston shoots lights out from 3. Mavs are going to have to dominate the paint. 

I wish I felt as confident.  The Mavs on defense have been willing to pack the paint and give up 3s. Boston shoots lights out from 3. Mavs are going to have to dominate the paint. 

Celtics and mavs have shot nearly the same from 3 in the playoffs this year. Pacers and Knicks shot better.

Just now, LurkingHorn said:

Boston has struggled a ton during these playoffs. The Mavs defense has really elevated during their series vs minny.  

Of course time off may level this series up a bit.  But Luka could use the rest.  Kleber needs more practice reps, and Lively should benefit from extra time off too.

Dallas sure seems like the hottest team right now, and having 2 experienced closers like Luka and Kyrie makes them the favorites for me.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Celtics and mavs have shot nearly the same from 3 in the playoffs this year. Pacers and Knicks shot better.

Didn’t know that. They’ve certainly cake walked to the finals though. 

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Boston has struggled a ton during these playoffs. The Mavs defense has really elevated during their series vs minny.  

Of course time off may level this series up a bit.  But Luka could use the rest.  Kleber needs more practice reps, and Lively should benefit from extra time off too.

Dallas sure seems like the hottest team right now, and having 2 experienced closers like Luka and Kyrie makes them the favorites for me.  

Boston has struggled by winning every series easily? Dallas is hot, Boston has been a consistent team all year. Should be a fascinating series. 

5 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Boston has struggled by winning every series easily? Dallas is hot, Boston has been a consistent team all year. Should be a fascinating series. 

If you watched the Boston vs Indy playoff series, you would see Boston is struggling.

Indy gave away gm1. Halliburton missed last two games. 

Screenshot_20240530-224024_kindlephoto-22842276.png.75e312191bfca6fba21f1ccbc17530e0.png

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Fuck Kyrie, that fucking douche. My fellow Massholes will welcome that cocksucker back to TD Garden in proper fashion. Ready to hang banner 18. 

Yeah please boo Kyrie and Luka real loud. That's working out really well for Mavs' opponents. Make sure they hear you. 

As for banner 18, gonna be awkward if a little franchise like Dallas has 2 rings in 13 years and Boston has 1 ring in 38 years.  Definitely boo loud to prevent that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fuck Kyrie, that fucking douche. My fellow Massholes will welcome that cocksucker back to TD Garden in proper fashion. Ready to hang banner 18. 
Banner 18 reminds me of the Yankees 27 rings. In fact, Boston's last ring was the year before the Yankees last ring. Celtics have one ring in the last almost 40 years. Neat.

48 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Reign some nbombs on him.  Make sure you guys go full masshole.  

Posted (edited)

For the record, Celtics fan here. I do not want to be associated with the first post on this page.

Celtics in 6. Luka and Kyrie are a scary duo. Should be a damn fun series.

Can we all just agree OU Sux? And fuck aggy.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vertuzzi said:

What’s a proper welcome, the odor of cooked cabbage? Last time I was at “TD Garden” for a game it was like a class reunion for a rosacea drug clinical trial. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Dallas fans will soon find out how much of a slimy snake Kyrie really is. There’s a reason he’s been ran off of 3 teams prior to his time in Dallas. 

I hope we send your asses to Valhalla using the fucking Mayflower as your pyre….and Kyrie is the MVP…and we do it in your gym.   

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Dallas fans will soon find out how much of a slimy snake Kyrie really is. There’s a reason he’s been ran off of 3 teams prior to his time in Dallas. 

As opposed to the three other teams KP played for before turning 28 and the glorious reputation he has as a teammate? The guy who literally admitted to standing in corner and pouting in playoffs because he rightfully was told to play second fiddle to Luka?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ITHorn said:

As opposed to the three other teams KP played for before turning 28 and the glorious reputation he has as a teammate? The guy who literally admitted to standing in corner and pouting in playoffs because he rightfully was told to play second fiddle to Luka?  

Injuries derailed his career way more than any issues with teammates/front offices. Don’t create a false equivalency. 

It'll be an interesting series.  Boston has played down to the competition this playoff and Dallas has gelled at the right time.  Luka keeps getting better as the playoffs progress and Kyrie is good Kyrie for now.  

As a Celtics fan (2nd team after the Spurs), it comes down to 3 factors. 

1) KP health 

2) can anyone on the Celtics force Luka into a couple bad games?  He's a matchup nightmare and the Celtics tend to be long and lean.  Not a lot of bigger heavier bodies. 

3) can Tatum find his 3 point stroke?  He's done all the other things but if he can't hit consistently from deep they go through droughts on offense that will kill them against Dallas 

I've hated Dallas for years but I have to say, this Dallas team is fun to watch.  Didn't really expect them to dismantle Denver and really hard to predict.  My heart says Celtics in 6, my head says Dallas in 6.  Thankfully I've been consistently wrong on the Western conference this entire playoffs

• Hook 'Em 1

Boston has played down to its competition so far. They are going to have to pick everything up a notch. They also haven't faced any adversity essentially the entire season and the playoffs. How do they respond when shit goes sideways? There's a ton of pressure and scrutiny on them and their coach. I don't know how much I believe in them despite the gaudy record.

As I bag on the Celtics competition, Dallas also caught a break  with Kawhi out. OKC had next to zero playoff experience. They were fortunate to avoid Jokic. And the fucking Wolves are choking losers. Not to discredit their incredible run and it's been much more challenging than what Boston faced, but likewise this will be by far the best team the Mavs have faced as well. 

The matchups are intriguing. Holiday is probably the best perimeter defender in the league. White also plays defense at an all league level. Brown is also very very good. They are built to switch everything. Dallas isn't going to see drop coverage like they did all series with Minnesota. 

Boston is going to want to push pace and jack a million threes. It's an entirely different look than Dallas has seen this playoffs. The Dallas defense has been spectacular since the trade deadline but the Celtics stress you much differently than the iso heavy Thunder or the 4 on 5 hamstrung Wolves. As Tatum and their three point shooting go, so go the Celtics. 

I think I lean slightly to Dallas in a long series. They are on such a heater it might just be their year. Of course, the way this playoff has gone for Boston, Luka and Kytie will probably both get hurt and they will roll to the title not having played a single team anywhere near full strength. 

Pains me to say it, but Mavs in 6. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Boston has played down to its competition so far. They are going to have to pick everything up a notch. They also haven't faced any adversity essentially the entire season and the playoffs. How do they respond when shit goes sideways? There's a ton of pressure and scrutiny on them and their coach. I don't know how much I believe in them despite the gaudy record.

As I bag on the Celtics competition, Dallas also caught a break  with Kawhi out. OKC had next to zero playoff experience. They were fortunate to avoid Jokic. And the fucking Wolves are choking losers. Not to discredit their incredible run and it's been much more challenging than what Boston faced, but likewise this will be by far the best team the Mavs have faced as well. 

The matchups are intriguing. Holiday is probably the best perimeter defender in the league. White also plays defense at an all league level. Brown is also very very good. They are built to switch everything. Dallas isn't going to see drop coverage like they did all series with Minnesota. 

Boston is going to want to push pace and jack a million threes. It's an entirely different look than Dallas has seen this playoffs. The Dallas defense has been spectacular since the trade deadline but the Celtics stress you much differently than the iso heavy Thunder or the 4 on 5 hamstrung Wolves. As Tatum and their three point shooting go, so go the Celtics. 

I think I lean slightly to Dallas in a long series. They are on such a heater it might just be their year. Of course, the way this playoff has gone for Boston, Luka and Kytie will probably both get hurt and they will roll to the title not having played a single team anywhere near full strength. 

Pains me to say it, but Mavs in 6. 

I wanna say Boston will win this series too but Luka and Kyrie have been too hot. If Boston wins though, it will be due to hot 3 point shooting and the Dallas bigs not being as effective against this matchup. Boston will definitely go small on them to test it.

Edited by Pam Cummings

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Boston has struggled a ton during these playoffs.

12-2 is struggling a ton.  C'mon man.

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

KP better be ready, or Mavs should win Finals. 

Even if Boston has KP, I still expect Dallas to win it all...

Dallas hasn't beaten Boston since March of 2022. 
Kyrie is 0-10 in his last 10 vs Boston. 
Boston is 9-1 in the playoffs (21-4 regular season) without their #3 scorer, who should be back.