NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, MrX said:

Uh, he’s not.  Why is that relevant?

I guess it’s not.
Anyway, yes. Luka is 178 if you include both stating and bench players and all positions. However, as you point out that would not be a relevant comparison, similar to comparing a PG in the finals to a Center in Cancun.

Using defensive win share in this year’s playoffs among starting guards (ie excluding front court players and situational guys), Doncic is 28th/51. For perspective, Jaylen Brown is 24th, Jayson Tatum is 29th and Patrick Beverly is 40th. 

Personally I would say that being in the middle of that pack- starting guards on teams that advanced in the playoffs playing successively better competition as they went underscores that they are all 4 at least above average defenders. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

10 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Now the Spurs start their next dynasty run as Wemby runs off 12 consecutive MVPs in a row.

Wemby is going to start getting lots of lower leg injuries in the coming years. Better win next year.

I’ve never liked the Celtics but that’s a very likable team. No douchebags or jackasses, they play the right way and they seem to genuinely seem to play for each other. It’s difficult to dislike guys like Horford, White, Holiday and even Brown and Tatum.

They get everybody back next year too. They are going to run into some cap stuff year after next, but even so, Tatum and Brown are still very young. They are going to be in the mix for a good while. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Also luka sucks according to warriors and spurs fans 

I guess we gotta make shit up now to soothe the pain? Just because I don’t like that whiny, slovenly bitch doesn’t mean he’s not an incredible offensive talent and one of the defensive players in the league.

In the three games in Boston, Kyrie averaged 14.3 ppg on 34% FG and shot 18% from 3. He shot 4 total free throws. Say what you will about the Dallas role players not showing up, the Mavs had no hope in this series with their second star playing like that. Boston is a tough matchup on the perimeter, but that was a rough showing from one-half of what was for a few glorious days, the best backcourt in NBA history.

• Hook 'Em 1

In the three games in Boston, Kyrie averaged 14.3 ppg on 34% FG and shot 18% from 3. He shot 4 total free throws. Say what you will about the Dallas role players not showing up, the Mavs had no hope in this series with their second star playing like that. Boston is a tough matchup on the perimeter, but that was a rough showing from one-half of what was for a few glorious days, the best backcourt in NBA history.

Once the games were decided i quit watching, but the shots I saw him taking weren’t exactly out of the ordinary. Especially with the bullshit he made vs MN.

No clue what his deal was.

41 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Behavior like this only makes it more likely. You guys have a lot more love to give the universe before you get to take again. 

Good luck with that.