NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

45 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Oof.  This is rough.  And I'm not sure how much better Luka is going to get on defense this series with his gimpy knee.

Luka has answered the call after being called out for this every series, so I expect it to get better. I also don’t think the Mavs lost due to defense this particular game. They scored 89 points. That cannot happen against Boston. 

Oof.  This is rough.  And I'm not sure how much better Luka is going to get on defense this series with his gimpy knee.

The Mavs defensive plan is to funnel drives I to gafford or lively. That said, Luka should be trying to make brown go left, not right. And he needs to be rotating instead of watching. I think he'll be better tonight. We've been good at making adjustments g2g.

I guess at no point in the last few years Luka thought to himself, ‘I should probably slim down, add a bit of good muscle, and improve my conditioning.’ It’s similar to the decision Shaq made, except Shaq had already won three titles and three finals MVPs. 

I guess at no point in the last few years Luka thought to himself, ‘I should probably slim down, add a bit of good muscle, and improve my conditioning.’ It’s similar to the decision Shaq made, except Shaq had already won three titles and three finals MVPs. 

I still have nightmares of lakers shaq and watching Dean Garrett, Rasho Nesterovic and co trying to guard that

Boston seems like they’re playing like crap but still winning. Getting to the rim at will with Gafford and Lively on the bench. If they start hitting their threes, look out. Of course it wouldn’t hurt for the mavs to start knocking down some free throws. 

Well at least we got a game.

Bostons Js are 5/15, Lukas got 23 pt first half points and Boston has the lead.

Gafford and lively 2 combined points(on a dunk goaltend that was only because the thumb came through the cylinder.

Where’s the fucking lob? wtf is Boston doing that Minnesota couldn’t? Maddening. Dallas’ role players need to show up…and even tho kyrie is 5/10…he’s not exactly making his imprint on the game

Oh and Dallas was a poor ft shooting team leading up to the WCF…they shot probably 90% and now are less than 50%

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Guess I'm watching a different game... Mavs are staying with celtics so far tonight.  

Dallas is playing as well as they can and the Celtics can’t hit piss in a fucking ocean and the Mavs still can’t maintain a lead. One team is clearly better than the other. 

19 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Where’s the fucking lob? wtf is Boston doing that Minnesota couldn’t? Maddening. Dallas’ role players need to show up…and even tho kyrie is 5/10…he’s not exactly making his imprint on the game

Up until that last play, they haven’t been blitzing Luka on the pick. They’ve been switching everything so there’s no free run at the rim. I’m surprised they switched it up. I don’t think they were supposed to. They should try to make Luka score 60 tonight to beat them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Luka with some pretty awful defensive effort last couple of possessions. I get that he’s probably exhausted, but that’s losing basketball in the NBA finals. 

Well, considering he’s the whole team, he has no choice but to take defensive possessions off. Kyrie is fucking ass and nobody else on the team scares anyone. He has to save his effort to score 60 in order for them to not lose by 30. 

Minny had zero people to guard Luka. He’s too fucking big for McDaniels and too athletic for KAT and Rudy. Boston can throw several dudes with size that can move so don’t need to blitz much if at all

Minny had zero people to guard Luka. He’s too fucking big for McDaniels and too athletic for KAT and Rudy. Boston can throw several dudes with size that can move so don’t need to blitz much if at all

Kyle Anderson was our best defender for Luka but unfortunately you can’t play Kyle and Rudy on offense since it’s almost 2.5 vs 5
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

He started conditioning the first day of offseason. Hired a personal chef and changed his eating habits.  Showed up to practice the first day 10 pounds lighter.  But ok. 

Posted (edited)

Game 2 should be in Dallas' favor in terms of adjustments. Defensively (Mavs), ok, they are playing better. Defensively (Boston) is doing exactly what they did in Game 1 and the Mavs just don't have an answer. I guess Kyrie isn't as unguardable as everyone thought he was. He's certainly not as unguardable as 77. Dude is amazing. But I think he's learning that he needs to play Defense if he wants to win a ring. 

Edited by Baboontyme