2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

You mean Irving. Luka, Gafford, PJ and jones played well enough to win 
Meh, Rudy and KAT had 5 fouls and they did nothing but stand back and shoot. Luka passed up a ton of close range shots and was looking to pass.

We have now given these fucks life. Up 3-0 at home, need to put the dagger in them. We just let them off the mat.

You mean Irving. Luka, Gafford, PJ and jones played well enough to win 
Luka and Kyrie both shot 33.3%. Luka and PJ had the worse +-, both at -13. Gaff, DJ, and our bench minus Powell played very well.

Posted (edited)

Well damn. At least I’ll get to watch Game 5. I’ve been in Singapore where streaming doesn’t work and the games are early morning before sports bars open. I’m sure some open early for stuff like this but I’ve had too much shit to do to find out where. It’s been nice hearing Cooperstein though. He’s good. Matt Pinto for the Thunder is atrocious. “Cha-Ching a Thunder money ball!” Eat shit dumbass.

Edited by 'stache

Well damn. At least I’ll get to watch Game 5. I’ve been in Singapore where streaming doesn’t work and the games are early morning before sports bars open. I’m sure some open early for stuff like this but I’ve had too much shit to do to find out where. It’s been nice hearing Cooperstein though. He’s good. Matt Pinto for the Thunder is atrocious. “Cha-Ching a Thunder money ball!” Eat shit dumbass.

You didn’t hit me up, I know a few places :)

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Minnesota is dangerous. Need to close this thing out asap.

If our Big 2 both show up I think we are good. They have to be better than 13-30. Not having Lively does hurt for inside D.  Gafford is good but he's not as active as Lively.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Minnesota is dangerous. Need to close this thing out asap.

Agreed. KAT is a mental midget, but if he gets going, they can beat us, especially without Lively. I said going into the game last night that if the Mavs didn't win, I think this goes 6. 

46 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Agreed. KAT is a mental midget, but if he gets going, they can beat us, especially without Lively. I said going into the game last night that if the Mavs didn't win, I think this goes 6. 

Yep. I think KAT's momentum carries to game 5 at home. Harped on it yesterday morning, do NOT give this team life. We were up 3-0 but this wasn't because we were the overwhelmingly superior team. In fact, this series reminds me a little of the Lakers/Denver 1st rd series. Lakers led for most the series but Denver found ways to win at the end like we have. Minnesota has led most this series. I'd assume maybe 85% of it? Have had double digit leads I think in all games. We won the first 3 games with their stars wilting when it matters. This can easily be 2-2 right now or hell, 3-1 Minnesota. Every single game has been close at the end.

I hate we gave them life and they are the home team so they have 2 of the last 3 at home. Giving them life, 2003 Portland creeps into my head, where we didn't bury them and the series kept extending to game 7. But at least that year, we had game 7 at home. Kyrie says yesterday was their super bowl and just another game for us. Then comes out and lays a stinker. Luka passing up close range shots to kick to role players who were cold. Not taking advantage of their big men being in foul trouble a lot of that game. Luka finally did but it was too late.

If this does go 6, Minnesota will have all the momentum and all the pressure is on us to close it out at home. We have had zero room for error this series. Definitely will be a nervous atmosphere. 

Yep. I think KAT's momentum carries to game 5 at home. Harped on it yesterday morning, do NOT give this team life. We were up 3-0 but this wasn't because we were the overwhelmingly superior team. In fact, this series reminds me a little of the Lakers/Denver 1st rd series. Lakers led for most the series but Denver found ways to win at the end like we have. Minnesota has led most this series. I'd assume maybe 85% of it? Have had double digit leads I think in all games. We won the first 3 games with their stars wilting when it matters. This can easily be 2-2 right now or hell, 3-1 Minnesota. Every single game has been close at the end.
I hate we gave them life and they are the home team so they have 2 of the last 3 at home. Giving them life, 2003 Portland creeps into my head, where we didn't bury them and the series kept extending to game 7. But at least that year, we had game 7 at home. Kyrie says yesterday was their super bowl and just another game for us. Then comes out and lays a stinker. Luka passing up close range shots to kick to role players who were cold. Not taking advantage of their big men being in foul trouble a lot of that game. Luka finally did but it was too late.
If this does go 6, Minnesota will have all the momentum and all the pressure is on us to close it out at home. We have had zero room for error this series. Definitely will be a nervous atmosphere. 

Dallas’ saving grace is we’re 3-4 at home vs 6-2 on the road these playoffs. think we think we can show up at any time and the crowd will will us to a comeback/win because it works vs Portland and Detroit. Won’t work vs Denver and Dallas.

KATs been awful at home. But if he shoots lay ups again at will instead of 3s, it could open it up like G4. Who knows if ant switching to Luka and Jaden to Kyrie unlocks something. I just hope we don’t boo Luka(why would we but crowds are dumb). It’ll end up like Jamal murray scorching us

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

KATs been awful at home. But if he shoots lay ups again at will instead of 3s, it could open it up like G4. Who knows if ant switching to Luka and Jaden to Kyrie unlocks something. I just hope we don’t boo Luka(why would we but crowds are dumb). It’ll end up like Jamal murray scorching us

KAT has problems finding his own way into games so i like what finch did getting purposefully getting KAT involved. it should have always been jaden on ky.  kyrie has problems with lengthy defenders.  luka's going to get his no matter and he likes the PnR so much they're gonna get switched off anyway.  you need to put your best player able to get through screens to prevent the switch. 

that said, this series is over.  if not tomorrow then saturday. 

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s pretty gnarly when you sail around the edge

I've known several people that have sailed west from Panama, through the canal, across the Pacific, through the Suez, into the med, across the Atlantic and back to Panama.  They must all be part of the conspiracy to keep the truth hidden for reasons.

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

I've known several people that have sailed west from Panama, through the canal, across the Pacific, through the Suez, into the med, across the Atlantic and back to Panama.  They must all be part of the conspiracy to keep the truth hidden for reasons.

were you there 

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

We’re gonna kick your ass. This’ll be 3-2 after tonight

I would neg you, but I don't do that. Can't say I wouldn't try the same thing since it worked for you last time. 🤣

• Like 1

Even if Dereck is only at 80% he's gonna be such a huge boost just in the way he communicates on defense. We were so confused last game the last 5 minutes on that end of the floor. DJ and PJ were guarding the same guy at times, Luka didn't know when to switch or stay, Kyrie was confused where to go ... It was a mess.

Hope he really is healthy and able to go.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, fellside said:

Gobert committed two different acts that could be technical fouls. He grabbed two dudes by the back of the head.

Goober is a bitch 

image.thumb.png.be4a06094811c829e5add8823abc75ba.png

ez money

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Cough cough cde14db7cbf66da1db88f9a2970b341e.jpg

Damn that was the move

I bet Dallas for this game and previously had them for the series before the series started

All my bettin money got flushed the last couple UFCs I get carried away with underdogs I gotta buy some BTC and transfer it in or build it back up. 

Im gonna build it back up, lets fuckin go Stars!

image.thumb.png.4debe35440e3918cdf185a03172c9e60.png

Damn that was the move
I bet Dallas for this game and previously had them for the series before the series started
All my bettin money got flushed the last couple UFCs I get carried away with underdogs I gotta buy some BTC and transfer it in or build it back up. 

Im gonna build it back up, lets fuckin go Stars!

image.thumb.png.4debe35440e3918cdf185a03172c9e60.png

Man there were tons of great 200 + ones with Luka and mavs winning , got cold feet a bit with lively questionable though .
  • Hook 'Em 1