2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

7 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

The fact that Pritchard has played 7 minutes already tells you how seriously the Celtics are taking this.

Pourzingers is out though.  He could be playing. 👿 

6 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

With all the good happening tonight, Kyrie has had a poor game again. Would love for him to go off for 40 in the Garden Monday. 

I really want to see it come back to Dallas for a game 6 to see what kind of fuckery the NBA will pull.

Fuck every single one of the haters.   Great game.  Great first half in particular.  4th quarter and THJ finally finding a stroke when there is no pressure is irrelevant (although appreciated if it could somehow carry over).  For the first fucking time this series our role players showed up.   They did what they have done all playoffs to get us here.  Luka played great but was 0-8 for three and it didn't matter.  Kyrie had an average game and it didn't matter.  Fucking tempo, energy, defensive aggressiveness and role players playing their role ended this game early.   Boston won't play this poorly again but they are beatable.  Steal game 5 and Boston and those booty holes start getting tight.  Oh, and thanks to all the fucking Boston douchebags that flew in tonight.  Appreciate those tax dollars

• Hook 'Em 4

Just want to point out we have not won an NBA finals game since 2011. Regardless of all the noise, enjoy this shit. It doesn't happen very often. The Mavs 2011 championship is a teenager now. That's a long fucking time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

P.S.  I can't recall if I read it in this thread or one of my text threads with season ticket holders but someone made the point recently that Lively fucks around with that corner 3 constantly in warmups.  Really hope he can bring that to his game over the next couple of years.  That draft pick just keeps getting better and better.  He had a fantastic game tonight

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

P.S.  I can't recall if I read it in this thread or one of my text threads with season ticket holders but someone made the point recently that Lively fucks around with that corner 3 constantly in warmups.  Really hope he can bring that to his game over the next couple of years.  That draft pick just keeps getting better and better.  He had a fantastic game tonight

Of all the things that could happen this offseason, Lively being able to start stretching the floor some would be the top of the list. 

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

If exam and/or maxi give us anything next game and Kyrie shoot above 35% in Boston we have a chance to bring it back to Dallas for game 6. 

I think we go as Kyrie goes game 5.  I fully expect Luka to have a good game but Kyrie was rattled in Boston.  If he can play well, it will quiet/frustrate the crowd and confidence will spread to everyone.  And alternatively, if he plays poorly, lots of negative energy for everyone else to fight through.  It's probably something to do with my 6th+ ranch water but I feel good about getting it back to Dallas.

• Hook 'Em 1

Didn’t get to watch but listened  on the radio. Enjoyed the outcome and not having to listen to Doris Burke.  I kept laughing every time THJ hit a 3 since it was meaningless minutes but maybe he gets something going. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Didn’t get to watch but listened  on the radio. Enjoyed the outcome and not having to listen to Doris Burke.  I kept laughing every time THJ hit a 3 since it was meaningless minutes but maybe he gets something going. 

We all laughed when THJ hit his first shot since May. 🤣 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I kept laughing every time THJ hit a 3 since it was meaningless minutes but maybe he gets something going. 

He hit a Mavs Finals record for made 3's.  Stroke magically looked good.  So, so ridiculous.  Whatever, I'll hang on to a shred of hope he can somehow keep that going and the ultimate streak shooter isn't in fact done but has just finally shot himself out of it.

Edited by Skipper

20 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

Boston better close it out Monday because this Mavs team isn’t getting eliminated at home and I’ll go down swinging every time with Luka/Kyrie. 

Porzingis straining his manzingis is a potential game changer if we can string this series another game. 

2 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

Yeah man. Fuck having fun during the finals. You’re right.

The only time I have ever seen confetti dropped before is when you win the finals (I have seen some teams do it when they win their conference championship as well). Not when you win a single game. But hey, I guess they wanted to use it since Game 6 isnt a guarantee. 

On 6/15/2024 at 9:00 AM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The only time I have ever seen confetti dropped before is when you win the finals (I have seen some teams do it when they win their conference championship as well). Not when you win a single game. But hey, I guess they wanted to use it since Game 6 isnt a guarantee. 

I'm pretty positive confetti was dropped both home finals wins I attended in 2011, neither of which was a clincher.   Who gives a shit.

• Like 1

We've been dropping streamers after every home playoff win.