2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Luna looks like he wants this to be over. His body language is horrible.

He’s given up. Not hustling on D or for loose balls. Unfortunately he’s quit when facing some adversity.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

Boston is on a different level and a deserving champion. Good for them.

Mavs overperformed, won the western conference is decisive fashion and have a solid foundation to build on. Time to Work hard in the offseason, upgrade a starter or two, and come right back. 

2 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Boston is truly so hatable… 

Boston the team is very likable. Boston the fans are turrible.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Kyrie was 17/52 from the field and 2/16 from 3 in Boston this series. Yikes. 

Barely worse than Tatum at 27/74. That number is gonna better after the stat padding tonight though. 

Edited by ITHorn

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I still hope Dave Portnoy and Bill Simmons get run over in slow motion by the Celtics victory parade. 

Don’t forget to throw the Wahlbergs into that crush train too. 

Way too much negativity on this thread for a team that massively overachieved.    Winning a Championship is hard.  Boston hung around the rim for what, damn near the last decade before finally putting the pieces together?  Obviously disappointing outcome and particularly that we didn't play better but it's a learning experience that will make Luka better.  They were clearly a superior team and deserving champ.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Way too much negativity on this thread for a team that massively overachieved.    Winning a Championship is hard.  Boston hung around the rim for what, damn near the last decade before finally putting the pieces together?  Obviously disappointing outcome and particularly that we didn't play better but it's a learning experience that will make Luka better.  They were clearly a superior team and deserving champ.  

Well said. It’s ok to be disappointed but everyone in here would be lying if they claim to have expected a finals run 3 months ago..

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

All this

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interesting- Luka just told a reporter who asked about the Olympics he didn’t want to talk about it, that he’s got some decisions to make and needs to get healthier. 

I can't imagine how hard that would be given what he means to his country and the weight he carries in that regard, but it would absolutely the be the right move for next season.  Obviously we are biased.

• Hook 'Em 1

Interesting- Luka just told a reporter who asked about the Olympics he didn’t want to talk about it, that he’s got some decisions to make and needs to get healthier. 
He's been getting daily injections in both knees for the past 2 months. I think we're going to be surprised at how bad of an injury he was playing through.

Will never forget going to Game 4 with my pops to cross it off his bucket list.

Sure, it was probably a bullshit win…but it was a win at home in the NBA Finals and I got to live every moment with him.

Helluva run and time to be a Dallas sports fan.

Hope we’re back soon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Get Luka paid, then get some depth. Lively will only get better. Kyrie needs to be more consistent. This team is close. Boston has the depth we currently lack. I think Luka will get his ring soon.

20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Get Luka paid, then get some depth. Lively will only get better. Kyrie needs to be more consistent. This team is close. Boston has the depth we currently lack. I think Luka will get his ring soon.

West is a crapshoot.  Denver may still be the team to beat the next three or so years