2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

Boston is a completely different animal than what we have faced so far. Add in they haven't faced one ounce of adversity and are well rested. I hope it's like their 2022 Finals where they went off but never shot like that again but that was the Warriors.

• Hook 'Em 1

The question was how would Boston defend Luka and we have the answer. No blitzes and switch almost every screen. 

Luka had some dumb turnovers but it seemed they had gotten so used to being blitzed they forgot how to adjust. 

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Boston is a completely different animal than what we have faced so far. Add in they haven't faced one ounce of adversity and are well rested. I hope it's like their 2022 Finals where they went off but never shot like that again but that was the Warriors.

the funny thing is they only shot 38% from 3.  We are the 5 seed for a reason.  if we were some rolling ball of butcher knives we'd be the one seed.  

I don't see what adjustments there are to make aside from hoping we make and hope they miss. They are a terrible matchup for us.

On offense:
Be patient on the switch. Exploit them switching on the Luka PnRs and take it to the rim. If horford's in the game, finish in the paint. If KP 's in, pass to the open three. Tonight we didn't look to pass out.

We don't ever run plays for Kyrie but we need to. Let Kyrie and Luka run the PnR with each other or play the two man game with them.

On defense:
I actually thought we did alright on the perimeter. We need to body up everyone but especially d white once the ball goes up. We gave them a few open 3s but we'll never be able to take that away. We have to win inside the paint especially if we get helpside defense from our bigs. We got beat 75% of the time tonight in an area we should control.
Is Kyrie shook by the Boston fans? He looks terrible.
Yes as much as he says it doesn't bother him those boos affect him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

the funny thing is they only shot 38% from 3.  We are the 5 seed for a reason.  if we were some rolling ball of butcher knives we'd be the one seed.  

lol calm down. Dallas post trade deadline boasted a team record that would’ve been in line for the 1 seed. Boston had a first qtr for the ages. I had my phone on YTTV while getting food and the entire first qtr was nothing but listening to Breen calling 3PMs for Boston. They were unconscious

That kind of barrage just isn’t sustainable as the next 3 Qtrs was Boston +1. Bottom line is it’s the pure definition of live by the 3 die by the 3…just like GS. Their losses or close wins vs Indy in these playoffs they’ve shot well below 35% from 3. Their blow out wins they’re around 40%

I was surprised Boston and specifically KP didn’t skip a beat after 10 days off.
  • Hook 'Em 3

-Boston played well

- Mavs came out cold

- Lively looks like a rookie for the first time in 3 months

- nobody could shoot except Luka

- DJ kept trying to force the same play

- we were on the wrong end of NBA officiating 

all that said, it could have been much worse and there was plenty to like. On to the next one. 

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

-Boston played well

- Mavs came out cold

- Lively looks like a rookie for the first time in 3 months

- nobody could shoot except Luka

- DJ kept trying to force the same play

- we were on the wrong end of NBA officiating 

This pretty much sums it up.   I'm not taking too much away from game 1.   Boston played out of their minds in the first quarter.  Kyrie won't play that poorly again I would bet.  It makes game 2 a bit bigger but we lost game 1 in '11 as well (and game 3 to go down 2-1).  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yes it was. 

Considering the relative quality of teams, I would say worst half of the playoffs was EASILY game 1 of the playoffs.  I mean at least we scored more than 8 points in the 2nd quarter.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Skipper said:

Considering the relative quality of teams, I would say worst half of the playoffs was EASILY game 1 of the playoffs.  I mean at least we scored more than 8 points in the 2nd quarter.

We were cold in that game. Last night we were cold and had zero life. I want to say Boston was 2:1 on rebounding margin at half. 

TD was buzzing last night, holy shit. The fucking Mavs players and coaches had that thousand mile stare; they had no idea what they ran into. KP came in and flopped his hairy, Baltic nuts on the table, and the Mavs had no answer for him. Of course, in typical Kyrie fashion, he just can’t keep his mouth shut after his team just got fucking pumped. If he didn’t think last night was loud, he’s got another thing coming in game 2. Go C’s!!

30 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

TD was buzzing last night, holy shit. The fucking Mavs players and coaches had that thousand mile stare; they had no idea what they ran into. KP came in and flopped his hairy, Baltic nuts on the table, and the Mavs had no answer for him. Of course, in typical Kyrie fashion, he just can’t keep his mouth shut after his team just got fucking pumped. If he didn’t think last night was loud, he’s got another thing coming in game 2. Go C’s!!

So you’ve come into Stars and Mavs playoff threads to run your mouth.  What a cunt. 

Id neg you but I don’t believe in negging. Plus I laughed at the image of KP’s gangly ass flopping hairy “Baltic” nuts. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Cool Story Bro.  The NBA general thread is that way.  Or go start a Boston thread and talk to yourself. Nobody else gives a fuck about that city.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 'stache said:

We did this Game 1 v OKC and I think LAC too. I'm not too worried . . . yet. 

We have to somehow, someway get this 2-2 and make it a best of 3.  Obviously easiest path would be to grab game 2 Sunday.

Pat Beverly and Shaq have recently talked about Luka (bc of his game/trash talk) and Dirk (his wife) and said “they’re invited to the cookout”.

It got me thinking, what would be the white social invite black people would be invited to in a similar comparison?

10 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Pat Beverly and Shaq have recently talked about Luka (bc of his game/trash talk) and Dirk (his wife) and said “they’re invited to the cookout”.

It got me thinking, what would be the white social invite black people would be invited to in a similar comparison?

The golf game?

I think if Boston is going to allow Luka to cook, he just needs to fucking cook and not worry about assists until they change their tactics. They’re gifting him 1-on-1 matchups, so it’s time to smoke them for 40 points and make them re-think that. Also, DJJ needs to stop trying to drive. 1-7 and was 0-3 on dunk attempts. Stick to 3s and alley oops. No need to try anything more than that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Quagmire said:

And that confirms that Boston fans are front running douches, not that surprising

Right, like Dallas isn’t a cesspool of douches…Dallas fans are the biggest pussies of all time after Montreal Canadiens fans. They’ve yet to learn their place in the sports world. Other than the fucking cowboys, nobody pays attention to Dallas teams other than the occasional team that makes a deep playoff run once a decade. And I know you will defend him because he’s currently wearing Mavs on his jersey, but you Dallas idiots are going to be in for a rude awakening when Kyrie fucks over your team, as he’s done literally everywhere he’s played. 

• Fuck You 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Right, like Dallas isn’t a cesspool of douches…Dallas fans are the biggest pussies of all time after Montreal Canadiens fans*. They’ve yet to learn their place in the sports world. Other than the fucking cowboys, nobody* pays attention to Dallas teams other than the occasional team that makes a deep playoff run once a decade. And I know you will defend him because he’s currently wearing Mavs on his jersey, but you Dallas idiots are going to be in for a rude awakening when Kyrie fucks over your team, as he’s done literally everywhere he’s played***. 

* who gets bent out of shape about fans of the Montreal Canadiens?

** nobody other than people from Dallas? Great. Do you need external validation from national media and t-shirt fans and front runners from other cities to feel good about your home team? Let me tell you something about people from Dallas: we don’t give a fuck. 

*** it’s not your fault, Will.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

* who gets bent out of shape about fans of the Montreal Canadiens?

** nobody other than people from Dallas? Great. Do you need external validation from national media and t-shirt fans and front runners from other cities to feel good about your home team? Let me tell you something about people from Dallas: we don’t give a fuck. 

*** it’s not your fault, Will.

* My dude, watch a fucking hockey documentary every once in a while. Holy shit. 

** Dallas fans clearly give a fuck considering they bitch non-stop about their lack of coverage from media. What a stupid fucking thing to care about. 

*** Movie came out the year I was born. Here’s a better quote from a Boston movie, “Firefighters are a bunch of homos.” 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Vertuzzi said:

Right, like Dallas isn’t a cesspool of douches…Dallas fans are the biggest pussies of all time after Montreal Canadiens fans. They’ve yet to learn their place in the sports world. Other than the fucking cowboys, nobody pays attention to Dallas teams other than the occasional team that makes a deep playoff run once a decade. And I know you will defend him because he’s currently wearing Mavs on his jersey, but you Dallas idiots are going to be in for a rude awakening when Kyrie fucks over your team, as he’s done literally everywhere he’s played. 

Hey @Vertuzzi

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f93a39cce01bf81e7282b4e4063b79df.jpeg

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

This is cute.  Everyone in the US knows that Boston is the fucking mecca of douchebags.  

• Like 1

Huge difference of cesspool of douches vs Boston, the biggest trash, racist fan base in sports. Pretty sure they actively have Klan meetings at the games
  • Hook 'Em 1