2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

Just now, Minute Bull said:

Celtics’ strategy appears to be just beat the shit out of the Mavs and dare the refs to stop them

well yeah.gif

this has been the thing since Dirk was getting Dirk'd.  Dude probably should have shot about 2000 more FT's in his career easily.  

be nice if we made them pay when we do get a call.

Boston fucking sucks

Without ref ball Dallas would be stomping these guys. The Nuggets would’ve swept the Celtics too I can’t believe they blew it against Minnesota

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Boston fucking sucks

Without ref ball Dallas would be stomping these guys. The Nuggets would’ve swept the Celtics too I can’t believe they blew it against Minnesota

IMG_3527.thumb.jpeg.3fe1348b5a3a8994bac85896318bf1c1.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

we are lazy and ball watching on rebounds.  someone needs to light a fire under them.   

The Celtics can just body the fuck out of all of us with no fouls.  we play passively and still get called.

2 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Half these highlights of Luka he turns around and talks shit after making it, love it

Yeah I usually hate that shit but Luka does it when he’s really on one and balling out so I’m all for it. You have plenty of targets in Boston

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

6 quarters in so far, Dallas doesn't look like they have the horses. Boston is just too deep.

Still a lot of basketball to be played. Dallas playing better this game offensively but the bench has to be better. 4 points so far. 

6 quarters in so far, Dallas doesn't look like they have the horses. Boston is just too deep.

No lobs, much shittier FT shooting, kyrie iso ball. Dallas looks way different than they did in the western playoffs and aren’t doing the things that got them there

And it’s been pretty even sans qtr 1 game 1…but Dallas isn’t the same team as they were 2 weeks ago. Dunno what’s up

No lobs, much shittier FT shooting, kyrie iso ball. Dallas looks way different than they did in the western playoffs and aren’t doing the things that got them there

And it’s been pretty even sans qtr 1 game 1…but Dallas isn’t the same team as they were 2 weeks ago. Dunno what’s up
Boston has played pretty bad this game and still up 3. If Dallas was for real this series, they would be up double digits easily. Terrible free throws tonight and 10 of 40 on 3 for the series. Role players non existent. Dallas has to work for everything on offense and look so slow.

That's why I said after game 1, Dallas really can't make any adjustments other than hoping Boston misses their shots. 3 of 15 from 3 and still can't take advantage. Boston just has too many weapons and their defense is taking away all the easy lob points they got all Western Conference playoffs. They can't gain any momentum and get fired up. Every possession is molasses. Indiana competed every game because they pushed the tempo. Dallas doesn't want to and allows Boston to get set up on defense. Dallas had a 2 on 1 with Luka and Lively, Luka just slowly walks is up and gives Lively a pass in an awkward angle.
  • Hook 'Em 1

if Luka can drag these boat anchors to a win the Mavs have a shot to take the series but if Boston takes this one it is probably over.  you have 6 games to win 4 because the NBA is not going to let Boston lose a game 7 in the garden against Dallas.

Boston has played pretty bad this game and still up 3. If Dallas was for real this series, they would be up double digits easily. Terrible free throws tonight and 10 of 40 on 3 for the series. Role players non existent. Dallas has to work for everything on offense and look so slow.

That's why I said after game 1, Dallas really can't make any adjustments other than hoping Boston misses their shots. 3 of 15 from 3 and still can't take advantage. Boston just has too many weapons and their defense is taking away all the easy lob points they got all Western Conference playoffs. They can't gain any momentum and get fired up. Every possession is molasses. Indiana competed every game because they pushed the tempo. Dallas doesn't want to and allows Boston to get set up on defense. Dallas had a 2 on 1 with Luka and Lively, Luka just slowly walks is up and gives Lively a pass in an awkward angle.

It’s maddening. Boston isn’t some world beater if they’re not shooting around 40% from 3. If they are they’re tough to beat. More often than not they can be had especially with a team like Dallas.

Lukas dish to lively might be Dallas’ first play I’ve seen that was a successful set play

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dallas is fucking dreadful behind the arc. Holy shit.

its over...Boston is better.  Our supporting players have been playing way over their heads for a while.  Kyrie had to do something and he's a no show.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1

its over...Boston is better.  Our supporting players have been playing way over their heads for a while.  Kyrie had to do something and he's a no show.
We needed like 30 apiece from Luka and Kyrie every game. Kyrie has shriveled up this series.