2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

Mavs win gm3, and might still have a great series especially if KP missed games for celtics. 

Also, there is real pressure on the C's since they have choked so often in the playoffs.  Mavs may just need a little home cookin' in gm3 to fix what ails them.  

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Mavs win gm3, and might still have a great series especially if KP missed games for celtics. 

Also, there is real pressure on the C's since they have choked so often in the playoffs.  Mavs may just need a little home cookin' in gm3 to fix what ails them.  

KP did nothing outside the first quarter. His injury takes away a weapon that the Celtics don’t need if Luka is going to throw the ball away, and we continue to get nothing games from Kyrie, Lively, DJJ and Kleber. And there’s no pressure on Boston up 2-0. 

4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

0. You helmet wearing mouth breather. 

First time for everything. 

6 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

KP did nothing outside the first quarter. His injury takes away a weapon that the Celtics don’t need if Luka is going to throw the ball away, and we continue to get nothing games from Kyrie, Lively, DJJ and Kleber. And there’s no pressure on Boston up 2-0. 

First time for everything. 

DJJ ended up having a solid game after a slow start. If he can produce that every game this series that would ultimately be a win. 

25 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Weirdly he is not wrong, I'm fucking pissed at the Mavs losing over the easy parts. Refs called hard and obvious only it seemed, which I'm cool with for the finals. I'm also jaded from 07, but fuck off.

You already know who’s in DFW then??

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

35 minutes
2 points
2 rebounds
1 assist
6 fouls

Yeah it isn’t really even debatable Maxi has been poor since rushing back from injury. Unfortunate he got hurt when he did because he played decent against Clippers. 

The non Luka 3 pt shots have to start falling if there is going to be any chance for the Mavs. Boston is so confident we are going to miss they often have 4 guys in the paint to stop/defend the drive/lob. 

13 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Kyrie's not playing with the same energy on defense as he had been against LAC, OKC, and Minn. I think those series might have taken more out of him than we realize.  He's tired.  I haven't check but this might be the longest streak of games he's ever played. I think he's missed one game since February.

He's played more minutes this season than any since 2016.   

41 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

The non Luka 3 pt shots have to start falling if there is going to be any chance for the Mavs. Boston is so confident we are going to miss they often have 4 guys in the paint to stop/defend the drive/lob. 

This. Sometimes the answers in this game are as simple as "make more wide-open shots". I'm almost desperate enough to throw THJ some minutes to see if he can get hot. At least he will shoot it confidently, even if he's bricking them. Everyone else looks scared to shoot the ball, which is pretty incredible. 

Non-Luka 3’s and free throws. If the rest of the dudes (non-Lukas) hit shots at average rate and the entire team makes free throws at average rate, you add a minimum 12pts to last nights total. Which obviously wins the game. Honestly the Celts look like they’re playing middle school girls defense. They have like 4 players on 1 guy and leave the others open knowing that they’ll miss open shots or dribble around indecisively until the defense can get there. 

2 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I'm super surprised to read that we actually won the rebound differential last night 34-31. 

I'm honestly a bit lost and down about how to realistically win 4 of the next 5 games.

beginning of the third quarter gafford posting up tatum worked well twice in a row and then we didn't go back to it. 

play the two man game with luka and kyrie. 

run out with kyrie and josh on rebounds.  we're going to have to trust josh green.  don't let the celtics get set up on defense.

break glass in case of emergency - timmy.  at least he won't be tired?

5 hours ago, RexWilson said:

I think it's really this simple.  It still may not be enough to win the series (as they will likely have a couple of hot shooting games as well), but if the rest of the team can start making open shots everything else will fall into place.  Nobody on this team is playing with any confidence outside of Luka.  We just don't look anything like the team that won the last 3 rounds (granted playing a better team).  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

This. Sometimes the answers in this game are as simple as "make more wide-open shots". I'm almost desperate enough to throw THJ some minutes to see if he can get hot. At least he will shoot it confidently, even if he's bricking them. Everyone else looks scared to shoot the ball, which is pretty incredible. 

This is a pretty good take. Other than Cedric Ceballos I don't think Ive ever seen a player less afraid to shoot than THJ. 

• Like 1

Is there a reason why someone like Josh green is ahead in the rotation or am I missing something?
Along with the lack of defense mentioned above Hardy has only recently (past few months) taken this next step into being a reliable decision maker with the ball. Some of that had to do with Exum being so good up til the playoffs but it looks like the game finally slowed down for Hardy right after the ASB. Josh Green has always been untouchable in trade talks but now I think he and Hardy are both on the same level and definitely trade assets.

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

.f606070ba81bbc74e69259ab8a7d82fa.jpg

I think Boston's D is just seriously that good. It was the conversation going into the game, that while we could stretch LAC, OKC, and MIN defensively, Boston is just too good at all the spots. That's how the first two games played out at least. Need some home magic tonight from the whole squad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I feel like we’re losing sight of the fact that Luka is injured and wouldn’t be playing if these weren’t playoff games. He’s doing what he’s doing at about 80%.

but yes, it sucks that KP has lost so much time to injury. He’s a unique talent and like Kawhi Leonard capable of amazing things when healthy.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

27 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Because Jaylen Brown is the best player on the Celtics.

Absolutely. Tatum is extremely fortunate Boston has built the deepest roster in basketball and can disappear constantly and it doesn't phase them. Tatum would be about #5 right now in terms of Finals MVP for Boston.