2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Hes front running Boston douche talking trash on a Texas football website , react appropriately

You do know people come from all of the US, and the world, come to go to school at Texas right?

Untitled.jpg.95c95883008b0e5040e55d060c7093dc.jpg

Celts in 5

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

He’s washed. What a time to lay a complete egg.

Surely there is someone with an asset in tank mode that wants to guarantee a good chance at the overall #1 by trading for THJ's expiring contract and playing him 25 mins/night right?  Right?

Edited by Skipper

1 minute ago, Quagmire said:

Yep, what’s that have to do with anything ?

Don't hate on Boston fans for being on this site. I have two degrees from Texas.

Don't be aggy dude.

Just now, dcar00 said:

no for being a Bawstun douche..

Quien?

Just now, dcar00 said:

Quien do you think?

Eres tu? Man, I don't hate on the Mavs. I know I am outsider on most sports on this forum, but damn, recognize we are a national university and people come to Texas from all over.

Celts in 6.

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Eres tu? Man, I don't hate on the Mavs. I know I am outsider on most sports on this forum, but damn, recognize we are a national university and people come to Texas from all over.

Celts in 6.

it was obvious who I was talking about.

4 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

I’m not , but I wouldn’t go in a Boston college forum and pound my chest in a Celtics thread either , sorry if you think that’s cool though .

When did I pound my chest? yeah, others have been off but damn man, when does Boston play Boston?

You all are good. Damn good. But we are taking advantage of some weakness.

I will stay in the NBA threat to not offend anyone. \

Boston Celtics Reaction GIF by NBA

When did I pound my chest? yeah, others have been off but damn man, when does Boston play Boston?
200.gif

Not even talking about you , sheesh .

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Boston Celtics Reaction GIF by NBA

Congrats. Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

This group will get a ring, just not this year. Need a little more scoring and defensive consistency off the bench.

Hard to really say. You never know how many opportunities you will get. West is pretty deep and some teams won't be going anywhere like Denver and OKC. Minnesota will be there. Even how flawed Phoenix and LAC are, they aren't bad teams. 2021 Suns probably thought they would have many more chances and they haven't sniffed the Finals the last  3 seasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Skipper said:

A fucking kid at that blabbering about "18 championships" when these are probably the first Celtics finals games he's been old enough to stay up and watch.  Epitome of a Boston douche

Nothing more than the Yankees bragging about 27 when a good amount came when the league was dwarfed in size compared to today. Before this year, Celtics fans have witnessed one title in the last 4 decades. Most of theirs came when the league was like 8 teams. Ancient history. Even worse than the Cowboys fans bragging about the 90s titles.

Coming in a Dallas Mavs specific thread to talk about your Celtics when there is an NBA thread is epitome of a douchebag. But that's to be expected from their fanbase. Front running dorks.

• Like 2

Dallas is playing with house money. The way they spanked the cocky ass Wolves was epic, and taking down OKC was no joke. Boston is simply the more talented squad. 

Had Jamaal Murray and MPJ not disappeared in round 2, I think the Nuggets could have given Boston a series. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

This group will get a ring, just not this year. Need a little more scoring and defensive consistency off the bench.

Doesn't OKC have like 200 #1 draft picks over the next few years?  Or, are we past that?

18 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Series is over. And you’re still a cockmunch. 

Settle down, cowboy. Take your fucking licks and move on. Your team had a good year, they just ran into a fucking wagon. Dallas has a nice team, just need to improve depth and get rid of that snake Kyrie. 

8 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Settle down, cowboy. Take your fucking licks and move on. Your team had a good year, they just ran into a fucking wagon. Dallas has a nice team, just need to improve depth and get rid of that snake Kyrie. 

I think the point is there are probably other message boards where you can find other 20YO east coast sports fans that like to engage in your form of banter.  Go find a yankees board or something.  Nobody here gives a shit about Boston.

43 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

I’m well aware of how the Finals and Western Conference hockey finals played out. I don’t need your unsolicited trash opinion. Fuck off Masshole. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

It just dawned on me that from the time the Mavs won the West, the Stars and Mavs have gone a combined 0-5.  Talk about a crash and burn ending to an amazing April/May run locally.

The best shot to get Dallas another title was the Stars. Mavs stood no chance against this Boston team barring major injuries happening. Not sure the Stars chances against Florida but it had to be much better than Mavs vs Boston. No matter how far down they dig, Boston can dig deeper and come away with a win. Still would like to see them salvage a win in this series and not get swept. Even Miami last year got a win against Denver. 

for all the talk about how unstoppable boston is on offense, how bad luka has been on defense, and despite the nightmare inducing 3 point barrages that replay through my mind in the small hours of the night we've done decently on defense.  if only we could score.

regular season avg: 120.6 ppg

miami series:  avg 107.8

cleveland series: avg 113.2 

indiana series: avg 119.5

our series: avg 106 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The best shot to get Dallas another title was the Stars. Mavs stood no chance against this Boston team barring major injuries happening. Not sure the Stars chances against Florida but it had to be much better than Mavs vs Boston. No matter how far down they dig, Boston can dig deeper and come away with a win. Still would like to see them salvage a win in this series and not get swept. Even Miami last year got a win against Denver. 

they were the #5 seed for a reason. everyone likes to say "yeah but the trade! the trade!". Meh.  Those guys and Lively(draft) helped but they were available because they can disappear at any point.

We are still playing guys like Green, Kleber, THJ.

Kyrie faceplanted in Boston,  Luka went to his And 1 antics,  and Kidd is still the coach.  They were this close to going home against the Thunder.

I was hoping they could make the series competitive and take it to 6.  Boston's D is better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

they were the #5 seed for a reason. everyone likes to say "yeah but the trade! the trade!". Meh.  Those guys and Lively(draft) helped but they were available because they can disappear at any point.

We are still playing guys like Green, Kleber, THJ.

Kyrie faceplanted in Boston,  Luka went to his And 1 antics,  and Kidd is still the coach.  They were this close to going home against the Thunder.

I was hoping they could make the series competitive and take it to 6.  Boston's D is better.

luka's cavalier attitude towards ball protection drives me nuts.  i hate that he insists our role players stand on the perimeter so he knows where his outs are when he's in trouble.  we need to be cutting and rolling to the paint.  the bolded part is what we need to address this offseason.  this series could be a godsend for our chances to resign DJjr.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Fuck Boston and the NBA. The refs are actually going to call it fair tonight to get it back to Boston

Those 3 fouls on Luka were absolutely criminal 

Of cour$e.