Inside Out 2: Electric Boogaloo

mdmost

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So Disney/Pixar finally get a win. Though now it’s full steam ahead for mostly sequels and prequels. It’s been hinted that Incredibles and Finding Nemo are getting follow ups. Toy Story 5 comes out next year. Still, Disney and movie theaters needed this.

Edited by mdmost

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2024 at 3:54 PM, mdmost said:

So Disney/Pixar finally get a win. Though now it’s full steam ahead for mostly sequels and prequels. It’s been hinted that Incredibles and Finding Nemo are getting follow ups. Toy Story 5 comes out next year. Still, Disney and movie theaters needed this.

Looks like they did over $150M. Never count out The Mouse.

We just got back from seeing it. It was good. I thought it was funnier than the first one. I loved Pouchey. That sent me back to all those times we watched Dora with the kids. I also loved that the fighting game character could only move in either left right or up down directions. Then he got stuck when the vault door was just a little bit in his way. The only line that really got me was "I guess when you're older you experience less joy". Nothing topped Bing Bong for me. That was the slow death of youthful imagination and him sacrificing himself for Riley was the ultimate fate he could've had. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Really really good movie. Anxiety and Joy cannot coexist at the same time so anxiety pushing out Joy and bottling her up obviously made sense. Enjoyed the sense of self being made by emotions and memories. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

• 3 weeks later...

We finally got to see it. Really good and very enjoyable. I’m assuming this is almost out of theaters, but the bit it was relatively full for a movie that’s been out 6-7 weeks. My daughter is 12. Lot of the snow hit close to home.