Copa America 2024 back in the USA!!

Captain Ron

Watching this at a bar in Mexico City. Not a big soccer fan and I know that most here don’t care about El Tri, so I’m not fully surprised at the overall lack of interest today but damn. Need to come back when it’s the World Cup or something.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Watching this at a bar in Mexico City. Not a big soccer fan and I know that most here don’t care about El Tri, so I’m not fully surprised at the overall lack of interest today but damn. Need to come back when it’s the World Cup or something.

Mexico fans have never been more down about their team. Becoming USA’s bitch in soccer has been a big blow to their pride.

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Mexico fans have never been more down about their team. Becoming USA’s bitch in soccer has been a big blow to their pride.

All the corruption/favoritism in the Mexican soccer federation over the years has turned a lot of fans off. It’s directly lead to the national team going from decent to terrible. I truly don’t believe Mexico will beat the US in a soccer game ever again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

All the corruption/favoritism in the Mexican soccer federation over the years has turned a lot of fans off. It’s directly lead to the national team going from decent to terrible. I truly don’t believe Mexico will beat the US in a soccer game ever again.

Great you just fucked Team USA with the Helo curse.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Maybe I’m too American but the whole “good try” thing in soccer pisses me off. It doesn’t matter if it was a good shot, you didn’t score. You failed.

You’re not wrong, you’re just an asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Macklemore said:

I miss that goofy bastard. Who was the other huge L Tri fan from shaggy that would post pics of him attending their games.

LongIslandIceSip or something like that, I think. He was a pretty good dude. Not remotely obnoxious like JNip, but I think he secretly lived vicariously through JNip's antics.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Mexico is like 1-2% black. Small but that still translates to over a million people.  

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Quinones has been the best player for Mexico tonight 

Quiñones is Colombian. And he’s black. Now he plays for Mexico, but he’s Colombian.

Don’t recall any black players from Mexico making the national team over the last 25+ years. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1

Santiago Gimenez is Argentine, but grew up in Mexico because his dad played there (probably a soccer refugee who fled the financial crisis in Argentina at the end of December 2001.

PS- Fuck El Mierda-Tri !

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Zepol87 said:

Jerry world hoed us because of some incident in the parking lot Friday. Didn’t open lots until 215. Setting up look for anything that says Barra 76 and some cumbias playing 

Have fun, post pics and please be loud. I'll be watching from Idaho but hope to hear your section during the broadcast.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Jerry world hoed us because of some incident in the parking lot Friday. Didn’t open lots until 215. Setting up look for anything that says Barra 76 and some cumbias playing 

I’m caring for a buddy’s dogs after his family extended their trip y tengo casí cero ganas para soportar el transito desde mí casa hasta las puertas de Jerry World. 

Puede ser en el futuro.

🇧🇴/🇺🇸

• Hook 'Em 1

Going to “The hall of fame team of JP Dellacamera & Cobi Jones” and then not telling JP & Cobi that they were on air as they stood there awkwardly for about 5 to 7 seconds was just awesome. 

Especially because they never got word that they were on air. FOX just cut away to something else. 

First Class All The Way!!