Copa America 2024 back in the USA!!

Captain Ron

28 minutes ago, Orale said:

Just a heard a bunch of horns honking and people yelling down on the street next to my apartment in Palermo, BA. I guessed Argentina scored. 

One of my favorite things is hear 

“GOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!!”

Out of windows…
-Di Maria’s goal vs Switzerland late in O.T. (118’)*
-Higuaín’s goal vs Belgium (YouTube)

Fucking love the screams when I can’t be in front of a TV.

*I was in the Recoleta Cemetery giving a tour to some UT business school students (some undergrad, some grad school), so I had to miss OT.

We’re not too far into the tour, but fairly near the middle of the walled cemetery with 12” to 20” tombs of various architectural styles around us and I heard…

A low wind blowing sound that slowly started building and then exploded in a tidal wave of sound that came crashing down on us like several tons of ocean water and I got goose bumps as some of the kids kind of wondered what that sound was.

I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat and taking huge breaths before explaining what we just heard.

Love that memory. Love hearing “Gooolll!!!” out windows. Something I definitely miss.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, that'll probably do it.

Folks will see the 3-1 final score and the rigged decision to not award Jamaica a PK for the obvious handball will be forgotten. But if the handball had resulted in a PK and Jamaica equalized, very doubtful Ecuador has that breakaway opportunity. Domino effect, imo.

I like this ref, he seems to have a good grasp of the game. Looked him up - he's Brazilian. Really looks to have control of things

10 minutes ago, beer said:

No way they were equally responsibl

This is a good example, he gives a card each way because Vega doesn't shove him if Navarro doesn't get in his face. Nip unnecessary confrontations before they happen.