Copa America 2024 back in the USA!!

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

A player was clearly offsides, but he wasn't the player who scored (Sanchez). I can't tell Sanchez for sure - to me that's off, then again this could go to the strange line machine.

LOL. That was the VAR of the disallowed Colombia goal, but they drew the Colombia line (Red) ON THE WRONG PLAYER!!!!

I’ve been trying to figure out why all these other games are so much more enjoyable than our games.
It can’t just be that we are emotionally invested in Team U.S.A. 
And that being the case our games just eat us up inside.

I pretend to care about soccer every 2 years but i actually do get invested in these international tournaments like euro and World Cup. I don’t know who 90% of the players are or where they play. But it’s clear the better teams are a bunch of nikola jokics out there. They can pinpoint and project where a teammate is going to be when they pass or cross the ball. The classic give and go touch pass to perfection is awesome. We seem to stumble and trip on our dicks attempting it.

Most or all better teams are more tactical. They can pass around 59 times before making a move.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I pretend to care about soccer every 2 years but i actually do get invested in these international tournaments like euro and World Cup. I don’t know who 90% of the players are or where they play. But it’s clear the better teams are a bunch of nikola jokics out there. They can pinpoint and project where a teammate is going to be when they pass or cross the ball. The classic give and go touch pass to perfection is awesome. We seem to stumble and trip on our dicks attempting it.

Most or all better teams are more tactical. They can pass around 59 times before making a move.

So as someone that watches the club game regularly, what makes watching these games a lot more infuriating for me: your description of what you say about the better teams and their players (highlighted above). I watch our US players on their club teams do this with consistency and regularity. And yet your description of the US players is spot on.

And this is why we are so up in arms about Gregg. These teams feature players from around the world playing very different games. And have to come together as a national team in quick order. You want to keep it simple. Simple game plan, players in their in natural positions, don't ask them to assimilate so much with small training windows and do what works well for the players you are putting on the field. 

Gregg does none of that. And yeah, our attacking play gets bogged down either through complex play or mistakes. So yeah, we trip on our own dicks. And its infuriating to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

In light of my last post and while watching ecu arg, both these teams playing like they’d smoke USA and mex. The aggravation is in that the other teams have creativity and not sure how you teach that outside of play play play take a break play play play eat dinner play play play, and then repeat every day until your kid’s kids do the same routine. USA mex and most teams don’t have that until the golden gen comes along (in the new world Peru, chile in last 15 years outside the obvious super powers that just reload instead of regroup)

On 7/3/2024 at 8:57 PM, Napoleon said:

FOX !🦊!

That’s why FS1 purchased a game from Apple TV+ and are showing it at night, because they know that some people are jonesing for a soccer fix.

Some? Maybe cause I’m in nyc but everyone who speaks Spanish and would fail a paper bag test is watching these games. Ultimately sure not much in the nation as a whole but still millions on the east coast at least 

Edited by achooloco

Just now, BrickHorn said:

Ecuador has been the better team. Argentina is lucky there’s no extra time.

The first 20 min yes, the last 70 was even, then extra ecu just rocked their world. I’m stuck watching with my Ecuador gf and her family. Fun to watch cause I am pretty sure ecu loses but if they don’t, the group here still wins. Can’t complain about a good game!

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Nice prediction, even if well after the fact.

Can’t speak to that. I’m streaming the game in Costa Rica so I may be behind. Thanks though. 

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Ecuador has been the better team. Argentina is lucky there’s no extra time.

This is clearly correct. 

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

The American broadcast team is not watching the same game I am. Argentina was only “cruising” for maybe 20 minutes of the first half. Outside of that, they’ve been outplayed and were saved by the post.

Ok even as an American  you can’t watch in English. Just sucks in comparison to the Spanish, euro commentators. Even not understanding the language, USA commentators suck aggy balls compared to normal off the street everyone else color commentator’s for soccer.