Copa America 2024 back in the USA!!

Captain Ron

Uruguay player just intentionally crunched down on the Panamanian guy’s ankle and then stayed down to act like he was hurt so that he wouldn’t get a yellow card,  but he absolutely should have received a yellow right there. 
😁

CONMEBOL smart. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

@Napoleon if you could choose between Uruguay or Argentina to live as an expat which would you choose? Does it make any sense to do so now unlike 15-20 years ago when you could live like a king with American dollars?

I'm interested in his answer cuz he has such strong Argentinian ties.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

@Napoleon if you could choose between Uruguay or Argentina to live as an expat which would you choose? Does it make any sense to do so now unlike 15-20 years ago when you could live like a king in Argentina as an American after the crash.

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I'm interested in his answer cuz he has such strong Argentinian ties.

LONG…

Summary: I would consider Uruguay now, but would not live there if I were young.

START:

This kind of depends, but probably Uruguay if I could get a place close to the water north of Punta del Este, because (unfortunately) I am getting older. 

That said, if I could do over where to live from 2007 to 2014, there is no way that I would pick Uruguay. It is just too slow and boring.

I never visited Montevideo for a night out other than one night in the middle of the winter in 2008 or 2009 when I was in a “visa run”. (Bouncing over to Uruguay so that when I returned to Argentina I got a tourist visa stamp for 90 more days.)

That night I met some young people (college age) and went out to where the young people (16-22) bars are and I was way too old for that scene. 

Other than that, I don’t know. 

Montevideo does have a small “Beach front area” similar to Santa Monica down to Marina del Rey in LA with a bike path, volleyball nets, and new apartments/condos, so maybe you can find a nice life there, but even though I can’t afford it, I prefer the Punta del Este and north up to Jose Ignacio and beyond. 

The chaos of Buenos Aires can be fun/exhilarating, especially if you don’t have kids. If you don’t have to worry about how the next election is going to affect tour future and you can just focus on eating well, trying to hook up, doing whatever chemical stuff you like (coke, ecstasy, powdered Molly, acid, and/or weed were definitely at almost every party of expats that I went to from 2008-> but I didn’t realize if for a year or three because I never dabbled in most of those things before, so I didn’t realize it). coke was US$15/gram… which I believe is not very expensive.

There are gated polo communities in Argentina and a ridiculously gated community “NorDelta” that offers boat slips at many houses in the greater Buenos Aires area.

Argentina’s beach zone is south of BA about 3-5+ hours and is cold most of the year

Córdoba is the 2nd biggest city and has nice commuter towns as well as a Lake District, which is cool. (Lots of pre & post WW2 German culture in that region.)

Uruguay is developing  vino tourism, their beach development is stretching all the way up to the Brazilian border, is has less crime and legal weed (not just decriminalized).

Basically, give me a fun, smart, attractive woman who likes to fuck and try new foods and good weather and I could be happy wherever.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the following is not a defense of gergg.....

.... but i wonder if the asskicking from colombia might turn out to be something different than what we first thought it was

they might be the best side in this hemisphere this year........

USMNT is far from the best, but it shouldn't be losing 5-1 to anyone.

Houston's ability to draw Latin fans is second to none. Colombia has put 25,000 more people at NRG than the U.S. could put at Jerry World. Every Latin team is going to be hoping for Houston in the upcoming World Cup. It will be a huge home field advantage for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Sal said:

Houston's ability to draw Latin fans is second to none. Colombia has put 25,000 more people at NRG than the U.S. could put at Jerry World. Every Latin team is going to be hoping for Houston in the upcoming World Cup. It will be a huge home field advantage for them. 

the us could sell out every stadium in the country if the federation got off their ass rather than raking in cheap cash to pad the bank accounts that pay their salary for doing nothing

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

yes we should

our federation specializes in galactic fail

we absolutely deserved that result

brazil should lose to germany 7-1

mexico shouldnt' lose to chile 7-0

1) Wrong. The result was deserved only because the tactics and effort were poor. Given the players available, there was no excuse for losing 5-1 in a friendly to Colombia.

2. Irrelevant. See #1.

3. See #1.

4. No excuse for Brasil to lose to any team 7-1, which is why heads rolled and changes were made. Nevertheless, straw argument.

5. Also no excuse for El Tri, which is why heads rolled and changes were made. Again, straw argument.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Off the shoulder is ok, no handball. But I don’t get the offsides call. Who was offsides? Neither player looked off. 

Agree. Was surprised that was overturned. Brasil did have a player offside when the free kick was struck, but he was not active or involved in the actual play--he was not the guy who flicked the ball on, nor was he the goalscorer.

For me, a curious decision.

15 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Agree. Was surprised that was overturned. Brasil did have a player offside when the free kick was struck, but he was not active or involved in the actual play--he was not the guy who flicked the ball on, nor was he the goalscorer.

For me, a curious decision.

Have they showed why the call? I’ve been flipping between this, the CWS and the Stanley Cup 

Edited by Captain Ron