US/Canada border near Niagara Falls explosion

Wally Fairway

On 11/29/2023 at 10:20 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i skidded on ice and had the presence of mind to remember and attempt to execute what i had heard before: "pump the brakes, steer into the skid."  i later learned that the former is outdated because of ABS and i realized as i was skidding that i had no idea what 'steer into a skid' meant.  it wasn't my highlight.

Everyone else watching you like

image.gif.3357030240fac7fce4b7b54aed523d32.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, B00M said:

Can an automatic transmission be shifted into neutral at wide open throttle? 

Not sure, but I've never found that I couldn't shift into neutral at any time and have accidentally done so numerous times.when I had console shifters.

The better solution is for you to be able to override everything with the brake pedal, since that's going to be your automatic, instinctual reaction. I can't imagine why that wouldn't be the case. I understand the "British engineering" angle, but I'm not sure the brake overrides the throttle on other cars or if that's a requirement.

4 hours ago, B00M said:

Can an automatic transmission be shifted into neutral at wide open throttle? 

Yes. 
most of them now have safety switch to avoid reverse on the open fly going down the road. Neutral is definitely available though

55 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yes. 
most of them now have safety switch to avoid reverse on the open fly going down the road. Neutral is definitely available though

Gotcha. All my cars have 3 pedals so your magical transmissions confuse me 

Caveman Idk GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...

This guy is a hero. Can never be too sure. 4th woman must've been over weight.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/us-border-agent-accused-ordering-women-show-breasts-rcna168080

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — A U.S. border patrol agent in New York has been accused of ordering women to show him their breasts and claiming that it was part of his officials duties, authorities said.

Border agent Shane Millan, 53, was arrested Thursday on charges that he deprived four women of their constitutional right to be free from unreasonable searches, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of New York said in a news release.

According to prosecutors, Millan told three women to expose their bare chests to him over a web camera while he was processing their applications to enter the country. A fourth woman was ordered to show him her breasts with her bra on, prosecutors said. The alleged incidents took place in August 2023.

Millan told the women that exposing their breasts was part of the process of being admitted into the United States, but it was actually for his own gratification, the prosecutors said.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Millan told the women that exposing their breasts was part of the process of being admitted into the United States, but it was actually for his own gratification, the prosecutors said.

not-bad-wes-hall.gif

• Haha 1