Furiosa Anya Taylor-Joy Chris Hemsworth

Michael Knight

Posted (edited)

Finally finished this and here to admit I was wrong. The last two hours were great and if you cut down the first hour the movie is right up there with Fury Road. The second half CGI seemed better/less noticeable as well. 

Danny Mcbride Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Finally finished this and here to admit I was wrong. The last two hours were great and if you cut down the first hour the movie is right up there with Fury Road. The second half CGI seemed better/less noticeable as well. 

Major props on the ability to adjust an opinion. A very rare trait.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2024 at 7:36 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

Saw it yesterday. Liked it better than Fury Road. The characters in this had more depth. The world building was also better.

ATJ was fucking awesome. The 2.5hr run time flew by. 

On 7/3/2024 at 8:44 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

This. Except i liked it more than fury road. Furiosa as a character was more interesting than Max in FR. Also, hemsworth was a deeper and more complex villain than Joe was. 

Id bet any amount of money that if this came out before Fury Road, the reviews would flip for the two films

On 7/10/2024 at 9:01 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

Just watched on Max and my take is basically a combo of these. I thought the little girl origin story was a little awkward and disjointed but as soon as ATJ enters - from that point on - I think it's a more complete film than Fury Road. The plot is more interesting in my book and it makes you actually care about the characters. 

Hemsworth is awesome even though he's ironically, basically just doing a Tom Hardy impression the whole time. He and Joe's respective casts of cronies are great, too.

The bit when they first take the war rig out and the dude picks the bike up with the excavator, moves it a bit, waits a second then drops it under the wheels was one of my favorite movie moments I've seen in awhile. I instantly rewound it and played it back. So much clever little action and 1,000 ways to die shit that Fury Road trademarked.

So - overall is it better? I'll probably have to rewatch each of them. They're definitely different despite sharing the exact same setting and most of the same characters. 

I do think Greenspoint is right about if Furiosa came out first - so many people - here included - treat Fury Road as being sacred and untouchable. Then again - this film doesn't exist without Fury Road. 

Edited by ztejas