Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Checo re-signed for two more years at Red Bull. The Constructor’s title fight is on for the next three seasons boyz!  

I saw one guy reporting it’s a 1+1 with a team option, which would make more sense. Still kind of shocked they stayed with Checo when Sainz is available. I guess they think giving Max the absolute best possible shot at WDC over the next 2 years is way more important than the WCC. 

Disappointed Debbie Downer GIF by Team Coco

Sainz evidently wants more freedom than he is going to get through Audi or RBR (2 year deals vs 1+1?)

plus the whole Sainz vs Verstappen dad fight that is evidently very, very real and very, very hot still.

man

Checo is going to be a shell of himself at the end of this. dude is already getting smoked every week. can his psyche handle another 2 years of getting the shit kicked out of you every single day?

w13z9kmlbm4d1.png

updated driver lineups

yokuhxt2xl4d1.jpeg

Assuming Piereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Gatslyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy stays at Alpine. Stroll at AM. Sounds like Danny Ric + Yuki or Lawson (they want someone to buy them out of Yuki) at VCARB

leaving us with:

• 2 seats at Haas (Bearman rumored, Terry Botass rumored, seen Ocon rumored here but don't think you keep him when you shot Mick into the sun for wrecks, we know Gene loves pay drivers so maybe Zhou here?)
  • 1 seat at Alpine (Doohan rumored for a while)
  • 1 seat at MB (Kimi Antonelli?)
  • 1 seat at Williams (Kimi Antonelli or Sainz rumored? Terry Botass landing spot?)
  • 1 seat at Audi (Sainz or Yuki rumored? Sainz makes a ton of sense and has been rumored here forever)

Edited by NoName

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, NoName said:

Disappointed Debbie Downer GIF by Team Coco

Sainz evidently wants more freedom than he is going to get through Audi or RBR (2 year deals vs 1+1?)

plus the whole Sainz vs Verstappen dad fight that is evidently very, very real and very, very hot still.

man

Checo is going to be a shell of himself at the end of this. dude is already getting smoked every week. can his psyche handle another 2 years of getting the shit kicked out of you every single day?

w13z9kmlbm4d1.png

updated driver lineups

yokuhxt2xl4d1.jpeg

Assuming Piereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Gatslyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy stays at Alpine. Stroll at AM. Sounds like Danny Ric + Yuki or Lawson (they want someone to buy them out of Yuki) at VCARB

leaving us with:

• 2 seats at Haas (Bearman rumored, Terry Botass rumored, seen Ocon rumored here but don't think you keep him when you shot Mick into the sun for wrecks, we know Gene loves pay drivers so maybe Zhou here?)
  • 1 seat at Alpine (Doohan rumored for a while)
  • 1 seat at MB (Kimi Antonelli?)
  • 1 seat at Williams (Kimi Antonelli or Sainz rumored? Terry Botass landing spot?)
  • 1 seat at Audi (Sainz or Yuki rumored? Sainz makes a ton of sense and has been rumored here forever)

My guess for silly season: 

Haas: Ocon and Bearman. 

Merc: Antonelli

VCARB: Danny Ric and Lawson. 

Williams: Sainz

Audi: Tsunoda

Alpine: Zhou. They need the money and want sales in China. And it’s not like they’re trying to run a competitive F1 team anyways. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2

Checo re-signed for two more years at Red Bull. The Constructor’s title fight is on for the next three seasons boyz!  

I saw one guy reporting it’s a 1+1 with a team option, which would make more sense. Still kind of shocked they stayed with Checo when Sainz is available. I guess they think giving Max the absolute best possible shot at WDC over the next 2 years is way more important than the WCC. 
Apparently Checo is responsible for 65% of merch sales.

But agreed it is nuts to take him over Sainz.

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Seems a lot more plausible after the Checo extension 

Gotta feel bad for Yuki. He’s had a pretty good season so far while driving a tractor. I know Yuki had the incident with Dani early but his maturity must be a big concern for Red Bull. 

Promoting Yuki to the big team and replacing him at RB with Lawson makes sense to me. But Red Bull is clearly done with moving drivers up from the junior team it would appear. Yuki has come a long way and I kinda like that psycho little bastard.

Red Bull is gonna need those WCC points with Ferrari is nipping at their heels and McLaren not too far back.

Posted (edited)

Yuki's dive bomb on Danny Ric earlier this season put the final nail in the coffin for him at RB. It's one thing to be an ass on the radio, but almost damaging both cars post race because you don't like team orders will not play well at the big team. 

Edited by topochico
  • Like 1

Well, the 2026 aero regs seem pretty hampered by the weak 2026 engine.

Active aero, cars that look like modern versions of 2006 cars, and active aero (like DRS) on the front wing too because they won’t go fast enough on the straights otherwise.

Yikes.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but, these guys running the show, if this is true, are assholes and should be punched.
IMG_4467.thumb.PNG.3b976b213b4ccfbd9cff172efc9106aa.PNG

It’s a shitshow for sure, but I don’t believe Obbs is correct there. We will get more info as we go forward of course.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/5/2024 at 9:13 PM, Stringer said:

Wouldn’t shock me if Sainz isn’t interested in going to Red Bull. He’s spent years behind Mr McLaren and Mr Ferrari. He may want to be #1 on a team for a change.

This. Sainz is calling his own shots. 

15 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I'm not sure how accurate this is but, these guys running the show, if this is true, are assholes and should be punched.

IMG_4467.PNG

from reddit commenter

Same guy who correctly leaked details about these regulations on wednesday.

A main issue is apparently safety concerns regarding active aero. Would be quite stupid if after years of debating these regulations they still couldnd agree on aa in principle as it was pretty clear from the beginning that it would be needed to make these PUs work.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

It’s a shitshow for sure, but I don’t believe Obbs is correct there. We will get more info as we go forward of course.

I just don't understand how they can fuck up things so badly. Work with the teams, come to mutually beneficial decisions.

Make the rules fair, make them affordable, & make them enforceable.

In the end racing is supposed to be about competition, not who is seen at the races.

Honestly, stop changing the rules. The longer the rules stay stable, the more teams can catch up to each other. The racing sucks (sometimes) at the beginning of a rule change because one team nails the formula. I feel like the racing is the best at the end of a set of rules, then they change them and we end up with the Merc and Red Bull dominations of the last two rule eras.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

I just don't understand how they can fuck up things so badly. Work with the teams, come to mutually beneficial decisions.
Make the rules fair, make them affordable, & make them enforceable.
In the end racing is supposed to be about competition, not who is seen at the races.

Yeah the removal of the MGU-H was kind of done to appease Porsche (who isn’t even entering now) and Audi (whose level of commitment seems kind of shaky anyway), so this is what we have. They should have just let them use more fuel and had less reliance on battery (2026 will use a larger battery/MGU-K component).
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Idk how in the hell Checo finishes out his current contract. Seriously. 2 year extention absolutely isn't worth it. Finishing like 0.9 seconds behind your team mate in the same car?

What in the fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Idk how in the hell Checo finishes out his current contract. Seriously. 2 year extention absolutely isn't worth it. Finishing like 0.9 seconds behind your team mate in the same car?

What in the fuck. 

They are gonna fuck around and lose the constructors at this rate.

1 hour ago, faps said:

They are gonna fuck around and lose the constructors at this rate.

2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

One can hope!!!

Both Ferraris missing Q3 today isn’t going to help matters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What a shit show Checo. 
I feel like he falls apart at the same time every season he’s been with RB. Then picks it up.

Standings at the end of the season is what matters (unless they outright begin to lose constructors).

Maybe it’s the RB team polo my kids got for me. I need to burn it and see what happens after that.