Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Looks like Haas made the right call for now as the only team to start on wets. 

Didn’t really work. Didn’t rain long enough. 

It’s always fun to watch the game of chicken that teams play when deciding to move from inters to slicks. 

Posted (edited)

it's time to give literally anyone a shot in the second Williams seat. Logan just ain't it.

Literally I'd rather see Kiki Antonelli

How is this not a red flag?! He's stuck stuck

Edited by NoName

Such a shit weekend for Ferrari after the exhilarating weekend in Monaco. Perez, holy shit, terrible.

Terrific weekend, so far, for Mercedes, 10 laps to go and they are in the hunt. 

McLaren is really turning into a fun team.

One of these years I am looking to drive up to Montreal for this event. It looks fun.

1 hour ago, Levi said:

Need a wellness check for @Burt Macklin

54 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

He's here.  We're crying on each others shoulder.

Why wouldn’t I be good? The last race I remember was Charles Leclerc winning his home race in Monaco. It does seem like an unnecessarily long gap til Barcelona, though. 

• Haha 3

Why wouldn’t I be good? The last race I remember was Charles Leclerc winning his home race in Monaco. It does seem like an unnecessarily long gap til Barcelona, though. 

Once again, I am no geography expert, but it seems quite stupid to go Monaco -> Montreal -> Barcelona.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The replay of Ricciardo’s false start was….unconvincing. He got a 5 second penalty when Lando did the same in a precious race and was given no penalty. 
According to reddit F1, they changed the rule because of Lando.
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

JFC Ferrari.  Terrible terrible weekend.

Happy for Fred anyway, and Ricciardo probably woulda finished a couple of places higher without the questionable 5s penalty runoff.

Edited by utee94

One of the more interesting races of the year, for sure.  As a Max fan and a Danny Ric fan, was good all around. As a Red Bull fan…wtf checo???  I thought the announced extension might take off some of the pressure and produce some improvement…. Sigh. 
as an F1 fan, good to see some real racing - not sure if mclaren and Mercedes have actually caught up, or if the last 3 races now have been special circumstances.  Seems to be a trend now though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

i keep seeing stuff like this about people complaining about Lewis and how MB are treating him

i mean...yeah. what did you expect them to do? it's what almost any team is going to do in that situation, prioritize the guy that's there for the long(er) term and deprioritize the guy who announced he was leaving the team before the season even started. for a major competitor.

this isn't Sainz leaving Ferrari for Williams.

• Hook 'Em 1

i keep seeing stuff like this about people complaining about Lewis and how MB are treating him
i mean...yeah. what did you expect them to do? it's what almost any team is going to do in that situation, prioritize the guy that's there for the long(er) term and deprioritize the guy who announced he was leaving the team before the season even started. for a major competitor.

I mean, there are stans for every driver (well, maybe not EVERY driver….. does Ocon have any?). No surprise that Lewis has a lot of them. Not unlike that one Danny Ric fan that has been posted here before.

This season just kind of is what it is for Lewis.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Speaking of Ocon….. there are rumors that he will go to Mercedes on a one year deal to give Kimi another year of seasoning.

That would be one of the moves of all time.

that's all due to his ties with Toto and the fact he may still manage him?

has raced in parts of 8 full seasons and finished in the top 10 of the WDC once, in his first full time season. even then Checo beat him by 13 points. was 2017 the pink MB era of Force India?

he finished behind his teammate in 16 (partial season), 17, 18, was out of F1 for 2 years, got smoked by Danny Ric in 20, finished behind Alonso in 21, finished ahead of Alonso by 11 points exclusively because Alonso had 5 DNFs, finished behind Gasly in 23 and likely finishes behind him in 24 as well.

Dude has less than no business at MB. if you can only beat your teammate once in 8 tries you should be out of the sport. he's Zhou Guanyu, except older, more cancerous to his team, and brings less/no sponsorship dollars.

if we are talking about guys who don't deserve a seat based on their results he's right there w/ KMag, Sargent, Zhou, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/10/2024 at 10:45 AM, Anton Chigurh said:

Speaking of Ocon….. there are rumors that he will go to Mercedes on a one year deal to give Kimi another year of seasoning.

That would be one of the moves of all time.

He might blow George up.  Not sure he can handle that level of shitty teammate.

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2024 at 2:42 PM, elfenix said:

Really need steerable cameras on top of the car so we could have watched that instead of switching to a useless rear view 

Yep, but F1 didn't invent it, so there's almost zero chance they'll ever use it.

On 6/9/2024 at 2:49 PM, ConferenceRoom said:

Another trash Williams driver gifts Verstappen another win. Sargent has no business being in F1. 

Yeah and George's usual 'stretching a triple into a double' antics didn't help either. What a clown. Re: Sargeant, IMHO leaving him in the car is just like punishment at this point. He's a truly quick driver, but he's been completely broken for about a year now. His confidence is utterly destroyed.

On 6/10/2024 at 9:44 AM, NoName said:

Este.

On 6/9/2024 at 9:15 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Sometimes it feels like F1 is not a real sport. 

You noticed that too? I thought it was just me.

Edited by wood
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 hours ago, wood said:

Sargeant, IMHO leaving him in the car is just like punishment at this point. He's a truly quick driver, but he's been completely broken for about a year now. His confidence is utterly destroyed.

Yeah, he’s a decent talent, but not F1 level. I’d like to see him get a shot in IndyCar after this. I think it could be good for him. His good races would stand out and the shitty ones would be overlooked while he develops. 

Posted (edited)

Y'all see this? If you have a Formula 1 TV account and watch videos on f1tv.formula1.com, you may be entitled to compensation. Scumbags. $2500 per case.

They also raised the price another $5 a year. As long as they continue to actively keep Andretti out (or any other qualified 11th or 12th team), It could be $5 total, and they're not getting another dime from me. It's not worth it anyway. Even after all this time the app still performs like dogshit and the only thing I used it for anyway was the driver onboards and sometimes the timing.

Fuck em. Now they can pay us. 

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=6126830&u=https%3A//consumersprotectionlaw.com/formula-1-vppa/%3Futm_medium%3Dpaid%26utm_source%3Dfb%26utm_id%3D120207603008920582%26utm_content%3D120207603062000582%26utm_term%3D120207603062020582%26utm_campaign%3D120207603008920582%26fbclid%3DIwAR2q_wZwZqKZSKdMA7ymMFmZR7i7QIC2Nr32sBaZ5mjKcb27aTqXDZWJP_o_aem_AQA5lHCmV_7cyb-C8PACoBFVC1ZFQL0qB-uSRvIa2hj3rm6wlpQVK2ytzegA_U4qped-dZwo67-4nfZGliTK_LVe

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, faps said:

This livery would look awesome on anything. 

IMG_4030.jpeg

Flava Flav back in da house yo. Maybe he'll bring it back. One of my favorite liveries ever. Used to be my avatar.

1028000_team-spirit-formula-1-desktop-wallpapers_1920x1200_h.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not a fan of Danica generally and she’s not well suited for being a full commentator, but she’s actually doing a great job trackside giving insights that are hard to tell from TV, like talking about late breaking, stability, and ride over the curbs.

I like Brundle, but a lot of times he falls into the same talking points he’s been making for decades now and he doesn’t give much real insight race to race on stuff like this. 

48 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m not a fan of Danica generally and she’s not well suited for being a full commentator, but she’s actually doing a great job trackside giving insights that are hard to tell from TV, like talking about late breaking, stability, and ride over the curbs.

I like Brundle, but a lot of times he falls into the same talking points he’s been making for decades now and he doesn’t give much real insight race to race on stuff like this. 

Yeah I was not a fan of Wanica the driver, but as a commentator, she's coming up all aces imho. Very insightful and not afraid to say some things some of the others are too nice to say. And not bad on the eyes either.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah I was not a fan of Wanica the driver, but as a commentator, she's coming up all aces imho. Very insightful and not afraid to say some things some of the others are too nice to say. And not bad on the eyes either.

She reminds me of Nico. Both are kind of raw and still new enough to commentating that they just give their opinions unfiltered, which creates some really good insights. 

Feels like the rest of the Sky crew have been doing this stuff for so long that they just regurgitate the same comments every race. 

• Hook 'Em 2