Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

They are both terrible. Danica says some insane shit and Jenson looks like he’s about to die every time he’s with her.

Nico is awful beyond his driver insight. He has zero personality and you need some to be a main commentator.

• Hook 'Em 1

They are both terrible. Danica says some insane shit and Jenson looks like he’s about to die every time he’s with her.

Nico is awful beyond his driver insight. He has zero personality and you need some to be a main commentator.

It does not help that Danica is an actual crazy person, too.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Y'all are fucking high w/ the Danica praise.  She sucks and it's hilarious to watch the others visibly recoil at her commentary.  

Loving the way this year is shaping up w/ an actual battle among multiple teams.

• Like 3

Absolute joke that Leclerc and Stroll didn’t get penalties. Absolute fucking joke. 
I didn't see Stroll's, but that move by Charles was ridiculous. Shit is just gonna escalate if there is no punishment.
  • Hook 'Em 1

So close and yet so far.

I did notice Max's tires were straight fucked up when he pulled into his spot at the end. Another 5 laps and it would have been pretty damn tight

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looking at the lap time charts, both Lando and Charles stayed out 2-3 laps too long in the first stint. Charles especially had too much deg to stay out that long on the first stint. He could beat George for 4th probably. They both lost a lot of time in those last laps in the first stints and didn’t gain enough back on the last two stints because no one had to stretch their tyres that much in the last two stints. 

IMG_5210.png

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:43 PM, ConferenceRoom said:

There is shockingly very little Ant Davidson. He needs to be Martin’s replacement. 

On 6/21/2024 at 4:50 PM, VABuckeye said:

Bernie Collins is the man.  She knows her stuff like no other.

Bernie and Ant are outstanding. We don't see them nearly enough, esp Ant.

23 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Absolute joke that Leclerc and Stroll didn’t get penalties. Absolute fucking joke. 

Yep. I'd add the 5s penalties to Hulk and Tsunoda for a serious safety violation - speeding in the pit lane. Didn't hurt either of them at all. Time penalties are stupid, and they're even more stupid for safety violations.

20 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I feel like Williams continuing to put Sargeant out there is akin to the Rams trotting out Eric Crouch as their starting QB behind one of the worst o-lines in football.

Agree 100%. I said a little while back that it seemed like punishment. 

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Max gonna Max

Fantastic series of turns by Max there to get around George

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Sainz should just drive instead of worry about what RC is doing

He wasn't wrong though. That warranted at minimum an investigation. 

56 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

He’s not exactly unlikable. 

A friend who knows him says he's a complete prick and a POS, but he's always come off pretty likeable to me. Who knows ...

I agree that Sainz wasn’t wrong, but listening to him ask the team what RC was thinking reminds me of when my son watches the baseball being fielded vs just putting his head down and running the bases. 

21 minutes ago, wood said:

A friend who knows him says he's a complete prick and a POS, but he's always come off pretty likeable to me. Who knows ...

Yeah, he could be. I can only go by what I see on camera, and he seems like a dude I’d have a drink with and talk shit about motorsport. If he’s not, well, that’s okay, too, because I’ll never be in a position to confirm. I can only hope he takes care of my favorite team, and he’s definitely doing that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Yeah, he could be. I can only go by what I see on camera, and he seems like a dude I’d have a drink with and talk shit about motorsport. If he’s not, well, that’s okay, too, because I’ll never be in a position to confirm. I can only hope he takes care of my favorite team, and he’s definitely doing that. 

Yep. That's where I am re: ZB.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.f59933a546d98886dbc41e48d4c24bae.png

since Imola:

image.png.543ff85c269caa417ebd2581473de413.png

Checo having the same # of points as Lance Stroll and 3 points more than Yuki/PIERREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GASSSSSSSLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 4 points more than Danny Ric/Ocon kind of says it all.

edit: evidently someone (Horner?) said it's a 1+1 contract, not a 2 year deal for Checo. which makes it better.

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1

I think Zak Brown comes across pretty well on TV and in the media, I'd call him "likeable" without knowing any details beyond what a normal fan sees and hears.

I disliked how he handled Ricciardo but at this point that seems like the correct decision, what are you gonna do?

Other than that, fun race with lots of actual racing.  Moar plz.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1