Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

It is very interesting to see the reemergence of “Young Max” now that the cars are much closer in performance. I’m generally one to give him the benefit of the doubt. It also gives credibility to the argument about how it’s so much more the cars than the driver.

This McLaren radio talk these last 10 laps is fascinating. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bullshit.

piastri wasn’t doing shit 

have been waiting for lando to just be a driver and be aggressive 

he plays around too much, just fight son.

i think he’s the next best driver 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Buzzrock said:

Can someone recap what happened with McLaren?

McLaren let Norris pit before Piastri with the understanding Norris would give the place back, but he's not doing it.  They've been telling him to slow down for 20 laps, but he's widening the gap instead.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fucking dumb shit from Lando. Let him pass right away, then spend the next 15 laps up his ass showing you're faster. You either pass him, or McClaren calls for the switch.

Nah, they called him off early when he was in 2nd, too. They wanted Oscar to get his 1st win.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Lando absolutely ignored Piastri immediately after the race and shook everybody’s hand except Oscar. 

He went straight to his car and shook his hand before Oscar got out. 

This stuff is dumb, I hope Lando loses the championship by less than 7 points. This wasn’t a couple second gap that he was giving up, it was 5+ and growing.

Lando absolutely ignored Piastri immediately after the race and shook everybody’s hand except Oscar. 

Not sure what you were watching, but Lando went over to Oscar’s car immediately after the race (before Oscar even got out).

50 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fucking dumb shit from Lando. Let him pass right away, then spend the next 15 laps up his ass showing you're faster. You either pass him, or McClaren calls for the switch.

You don’t slow down by three seconds when the race is still in the balance. 

• Like 2

I don’t think Lando was being a cunt. He’s chasing Max for the championship and is hyper focused on winning. He did the right thing and his boss needs to have a sit down with him, but damn - 7 points is 7 points.

• Hook 'Em 2

Lots of mistakes to go around at McLaren.

Lando shouldn’t have given up lead at first corner

mclaren should have pitted Oscar first

lando should have given the place back right after the pit screw up and then raced oscar and made McLaren make the call if you are really faster.

Lando certainly shouldn’t have let the drama build up 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Lots of mistakes to go around at McLaren.

Lando shouldn’t have given up lead at first corner

mclaren should have pitted Oscar first

lando should have given the place back right after the pit screw up and then raced oscar and made McLaren make the call if you are really faster.

Lando certainly shouldn’t have let the drama build up 

This right here. The intelligent move is to give the place back when you have plenty of laps to challenge Oscar for the lead. The team has allowed clean racing with these two this season. 

• Like 1

Lando’s poor engineer. That dude sounded so defeated. I felt worse for him than I usually do for GP having to listen to Max bitch about other drivers after max does jackass max shit.

The team fucked up by pitting Lando first. Lando acting like this ensures they won’t make that mistake again.
Yep. Lando won't get that preference in the same situation again. If they pitted Oscar first, Lando never gets back in front.

This stuff is dumb, I hope Lando loses the championship by less than 7 points. This wasn’t a couple second gap that he was giving up, it was 5+ and growing.
He never gets in front without the undercut.

VCARB really screwed over Danny with strategy and they should have finished with both drivers in the points. 
Yeah, that was a masterclass in terrible strategy.
I don’t think Lando was being a cunt. He’s chasing Max for the championship and is hyper focused on winning. He did the right thing and his boss needs to have a sit down with him, but damn - 7 points is 7 points.
He was 100 percent being a cunt.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, Brew said:

He never gets in front without the undercut.

And he was pulling away from him once he cleared him, if Piastri was making up the time or caught up then so be it. He’s also the 1 with a very outside chance at the championship.

Posted (edited)

Because it's so hard to pass there, if 2 cars were even, the one in front pulled away because you can't follow closely there for multiple laps.  Piastri pulled away from Max and Lando from the start.  Then Lando did the same thing when he was in front.  If Piastri had been pitted first, Lando would have never caught him unless he had an issue.  You had to be significantly faster to run a car in front of you down and then it was still a bitch to pass some one.  Max was lapping over half a second faster than Hamilton and still couldn't pass him.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2