Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

12 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

There are already no Mercedes gearbox limitations this year. Both teams (AMR uses Merc suspension) run a pushrod rear suspension after the gearbox case was redesigned in the offseason. McLaren already design their own suspension and have used pushrod since 2022.

Aston’s big problem historically has been in-season development. They will be better at that going forward I’m sure.

Should be fun!

'Limited' as in AM have no influence on the design. They get whatever Merc gives them, and have to try to make their philosophy work with it.

'Limited' as in AM have no influence on the design. They get whatever Merc gives them, and have to try to make their philosophy work with it.

They could design their own gearbox now if they wanted to (like McLaren), they just choose to spend the money elsewhere.
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

25 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

They could design their own gearbox now if they wanted to (like McLaren), they just choose to spend the money elsewhere.

No point spending all that money now, when they're leaving Merc so soon. McLaren is likely staying with Merc for a long time. Better imho to focus everything on the future of the project, which appears to be what they're doing.

Edited by wood

As an RB fan, was obviously hoping for Adrian to stay, but once it was clear he was out the door, I thought it would be great for him to end up at Williams.  I'd love to see that team get back to the top for a bit.  Sainz + Vowles + Newey might have really made things interesting.

AM is screwed as long as Daddy lets it be junior's playground, IMO.

4 hours ago, wood said:

Full US Department of Justice investigation announced. Confirmed by Greg Maffei himself during a call to investors apparently: https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/fr/formule-1/officiel-la-f1-visee-par-une-enquete-de-la-justice-americaine-concernant,193222.html

The shit has just hit the fan. Liberty 'bout to get fucked. 

Fuck that guy.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 hours ago, wood said:

Full US Department of Justice investigation announced. Confirmed by Greg Maffei himself during a call to investors apparently: https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/fr/formule-1/officiel-la-f1-visee-par-une-enquete-de-la-justice-americaine-concernant,193222.html

The shit has just hit the fan. Liberty 'bout to get fucked. 

About time

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

We’re having fun. The wind is wicked.  It’s warm.  But tomorrow wind about 75-90kmh, all day.

Hey! Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean that you can just dump it on us to do the conversions.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Hey! Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean that you can just dump it on us to do the conversions.

For you Aggies out there, that's about 45 - 55 mph. ;)

• Haha 1

I go to bed now., so much Bier and I am but one man.

We made a trial run today about how to get t to the race. There is basically no parking near the track, so we go by train. Opa Horst is 84-years old so that makes things a bit more difficult as far as planning how to get places but, the train should be just fine. 

honestly this win is something I have never experienced. If it was like this Saturday and Sunday you’d be hearing a ton about it. It’s will be very interesting if it is talked about during practice.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I go to bed now., so much Bier and I am but one man.

We made a trial run today about how to get t to the race. There is basically no parking near the track, so we go by train. Opa Horst is 84-years old so that makes things a bit more difficult as far as planning how to get places but, the train should be just fine. 

honestly this win is something I have never experienced. If it was like this Saturday and Sunday you’d be hearing a ton about it. It’s will be very interesting if it is talked about during practice.

Wind.  The wind.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

We’re having fun. The wind is wicked.  It’s warm.  But tomorrow wind about 75-90kmh, all day.  We are sure as shit going swimming.  I told my German cousin, (no pictures) I’d take care of her in the crazy water

So that's how it is in your family.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, MadTrapper said:

Drop us some more pics when you can.  Love this track.

Will do.  

This storm hit not long after the crowd rolled out. It was wicked

i will need some good WiFi after we go to dinner to post more pictures 

IMG_0326.jpeg

The dunes are somewhat different 

IMG_0322.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

Right now the wind outside my bedroom window is crazy. There is not supposed to be rain At Zandvoort but, windy all day.  Will definitely be an issue on the track.  I’ve never been around such sustained wind. The only place I’ve been with some wind like this was Guam. But that wasn’t constant while I was there

IMG_0316.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1