Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

Fuck it. Im ready to get hurt again.  Ferrari for WCC and Charles for WDC. Ferrari’s bringing a flexi front wing to COTA, and we’ll be the fastest car for the rest of the year with the best driver. 

200.gif

Im a max and rbr fan but I’m here for it.

Hope it was worth it jos and helmut. You colossal fuckwads.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

Sains deliberately wrecked Checo.

Come the fuck on

Why haven't we seen the on board from Checo? Did he slide right at all? Just a wild situation.

Also, what a job of driving by Piastri with Leclerc on his ass for seemingly the whole race.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

Leclerc made a huge mistake getting surprised by Piastri. McLaren has always had better rear traction and Ferrari has better front traction, which means Oscar could get better grip down the back straight and once he got ahead, Charles advantage in the slower sections was nullified by dirty air. 

Charles had a fucking 6 second lead and Ferrari kept him out until Piastri was right back in his DRS. They should’ve boxed him sooner so he had a more of a cushion to ease his tires in. Still though, huge mistake by Charles to let Piastri through without way more of a fight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Live, it sure looked like Sainz came across into Checo.  The replays I've seen make it look more 50/50.  I do think LeClerc was intentionally backing Checo into Sainz, to distract Checo some, and to give Sainz a chance to get 2 Ferraris on the podium.

Which reminds me...Bernie is amazing, but the rest of this crew is pretty pathetic.  Often a lap or 2 late in noticing a strategy.  Don't seem to be aware of lap time changes to know if driver A sped up, or driver B slowed down for some reason.  And for fuck's sake, can you not scream for every single update?  "I'm watching the pit lane, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE WHOLE TEAM IS COMING OUT FOR THIS STOP!!!!!  I JUST NEED TO CONFIRM, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE CHANGING ALL FOUR TIRES THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!  YES THEY ARE!!!!!  THEY MUST THINK THIS WILL HELP THEM IN THE RACE, BUT WE'LL HAVE TO WATCH AND SEE HOW THIS STRATEGY PLAYS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Fantastic race. Unfortunate ending. Piastri is a superstar in the making. 

Someone said, a few pages back, that they thought Piastri might just be better than Norris. I’ve always kind of liked Norris but, I have also tended to lean that way. I thought I saw something a bit different in Piastri, a winning calmness, waiting to be released. I think he is really top-notch.

13 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

Live, it sure looked like Sainz came across into Checo.  The replays I've seen make it look more 50/50.  I do think LeClerc was intentionally backing Checo into Sainz, to distract Checo some, and to give Sainz a chance to get 2 Ferraris on the podium.

Which reminds me...Bernie is amazing, but the rest of this crew is pretty pathetic.  Often a lap or 2 late in noticing a strategy.  Don't seem to be aware of lap time changes to know if driver A sped up, or driver B slowed down for some reason.  And for fuck's sake, can you not scream for every single update?  "I'm watching the pit lane, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE WHOLE TEAM IS COMING OUT FOR THIS STOP!!!!!  I JUST NEED TO CONFIRM, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE CHANGING ALL FOUR TIRES THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!  YES THEY ARE!!!!!  THEY MUST THINK THIS WILL HELP THEM IN THE RACE, BUT WE'LL HAVE TO WATCH AND SEE HOW THIS STRATEGY PLAYS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Gus Johnson And Joe Tessatore school of F1 announcing. How awesome would it be to have Gus doing these races?

”LewIS Haaaaammmiillltooon finishes IN Thirteenth PLACE!”

I like her. She’s been great since they brought her on. 

I won’t say that Sainz drove right into Perez. Guys are not going to do that, not at that speed. Not at that point in the race and sure as hell not with that many championship points on the line. I think Perez was just a bit nudging and not leaving enough room. Not 100% on Perez but, I do think Sainz had the edge in position.

I am so curious as to what the hell has happened to Max. It really is quite amazing. I mentioned before that my brother used to do McLaren’s trademark work in Asia so I have always had a bit of a soft spot for them. I am just glad that there is some real racing. It really is so different than what we had just a season ago. It really is fun. It’s not perfect but, it’s a shit ton better.

Another bang up effort by Stroll. His daddy must really love him, or, Lance knows the deep dark secrets of Lawrence’s rise to billionaire status.

Also, I am really happy to see Williams start to attain a competitive level.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1