Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

2 hours ago, MadTrapper said:

All of this really makes me appreciate Piastri even more given his age.  The guy just puts his head down, races his ass off, and seems like a cool head over the radio. Yin and Yang and all that.

Him and Danny Ric. Aussies, man. Must be something in the water. Other than the sting rays though... RIP Steve. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/30/2024 at 7:10 AM, Buzzrock said:

Pinks is my fave but damn Naomi Schiff is a knockout. 

But I bet Bernie could drink them both under the table. 

She is Scottish, so ...

My dad worked in Scotland for a few years. He'd been all over the world said he'd never seen people in any other country who could drink like the Scots. He could hold his liquor and would try to hang with them sometimes, to no avail.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/30/2024 at 4:41 PM, Slacks said:

Max will never not be that guy.

He always screamed for more power because he needs the fastest car. He is super aggressive. He's a late breaker and will never give up a space believing he can drive it back.

As a kart father, it didnt take me long to realize who was dangerous, who could actually drive, and who was cheating.

I would tell my son, Max is dangerous so pass him when he makes a mistake, because he will if you can pressure him. Absolutely pressure him and he will overdrive the car to avoid getting passed.. then pass as cleanly as you can.

The problem with Max is even a clean pass is a risk to your car. He will wreck you if he can't hold you.

We have plenty of bent and broken parts from Max. It is who who is. It's hereditary, taught,  and reinforced.

Anybody wanna buy some 'starter' kart stuff? 

Not defending Max at all for Sunday, but everyone screams for more power and everyone needs the fastest car to win in F1. T'was ever thus.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, MadTrapper said:

All of this really makes me appreciate Piastri even more given his age.  The guy just puts his head down, races his ass off, and seems like a cool head over the radio. Yin and Yang and all that.

Piastri reminds me more of Alonso than anyone ever has. Bright, bright future for him imho.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/30/2024 at 1:16 PM, Hawndoh said:

The ambitious dive to an apex you can't really cleanly make is what F1 has become the last few years. 

7 hours ago, wood said:

Este. 😡

It's absolutely wild how the FIA has let Max absolutely break driver standards since he joined F1 instead of just consistently enforcing the current rules and making Max adjust. In 2016, they had to clarify/change the rule about moving under braking, but even then the rule is not being enforced cleanly. Then we had all the post-2021 rules that now say you can dive bomb the apex and if you reach it first, you don't have to leave room, which makes absolutely no sense and ruins racing. Why the fuck are they constantly bending over backwards for one driver instead of just penalizing him until he learns how to defend and overtake the right way? Especially in an era where every change they make in the regs is about closer/better racing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

consistently enforcing the current rules

oh come on. you know that is an issue across the board. it's FAR from limited to Max. it's a huge issue they have had for years at this point and for some very strange reason show no interest in solving.

Just now, Goofyboy said:

In happier news - lizard believer Danica P has been fired by Sky Sports.

bad news, that's not correct

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

oh come on. you know that is an issue across the board. it's FAR from limited to Max. it's a huge issue they have had for years at this point and for some very strange reason show no interest in solving.

Listen here, Captain Autist. I didn't say he's the only driver that has not had rules consistently enforced. The difference is there have been multiple racing rule changes that stemmed almost entirely from Max's driving. Both the 2016 and 2021 racing rule changes came primarily in response to Max's antics. That's no the case for any other driver.  Especially for 2021, the FIA should've clarified they would penalize Max's conduct going forward instead of changing the rules to fit his driving antics. 

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Listen here, Captain Autist. I didn't say he's the only driver that has not had rules consistently enforced. The difference is there have been multiple racing rule changes that stemmed almost entirely from Max's driving. Both the 2016 and 2021 racing rule changes came primarily in response to Max's antics. That's no the case for any other driver.  Especially for 2021, the FIA should've clarified they would penalize Max's conduct going forward instead of changing the rules to fit his driving antics. 

i just want them to apply the rules across the board, period.

52 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

In happier news - lizard believer Danica P has been fired by Sky Sports.

So, I didn't watch that whole video, but it seemed like she just had the lizard lady on the show and axed her questions. Did she ever actually say anything indicating she really believed the girl's lovely story that she told so well?

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

It's absolutely wild how the FIA has let Max absolutely break driver standards since he joined F1 instead of just consistently enforcing the current rules and making Max adjust. In 2016, they had to clarify/change the rule about moving under braking, but even then the rule is not being enforced cleanly. Then we had all the post-2021 rules that now say you can dive bomb the apex and if you reach it first, you don't have to leave room, which makes absolutely no sense and ruins racing. Why the fuck are they constantly bending over backwards for one driver instead of just penalizing him until he learns how to defend and overtake the right way? Especially in an era where every change they make in the regs is about closer/better racing. 

It is, and Max has benefitted a lot - but it's just as wild that they've let so many others get away with all kinds of nonsense, similar to Max and otherwise. I was fairly shocked that Perez got no penalty. Alonso simply understeered into Zho and got a penalty, which is fine, but Checo's move seemed much more deliberate/reckless/aggressive.

ETA: And I just found out Alonso actually got 2 penalty points for that. What in the actual fuck is going on?

Edited by wood