Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

3 hours ago, NoName said:

With all that's on the line for Checo and RBR...why didn't he pull slightly left at all??????

You could definitely see this one coming. 30 laps riding LeClerc's tail before Checo fails to get clear of him when he finally attempts a pass with DRS and has to take the outside line, leaving the door open for Sainz. From feeling like he was a lock for 2nd to off the podium in 4 seconds. I bet he was fuming. There was no way he was giving and inch to Sainz. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/15/2024 at 9:42 AM, morehornsepower said:

Live, it sure looked like Sainz came across into Checo.  The replays I've seen make it look more 50/50. 

Yep. Good 'no call' imho. Racing incident. Checo left very little room even though Sainz was clearly ahead. Sainz couldn't see Checo well, but Checo could see everything, and they both moved slightly toward each other ... but only because they were on different exit lines. As far as I can tell, they were both steering dead straight. If I had a gun to my head and had to assign a penalty, it would be on Checo, not Sainz, he could easily see what was about to happen, and did nothing to stop it. Sainz was on the same exit line he'd taken all race.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, pops said:

I know some deflection is allowed and is measured in park firme. No clue if that is within the allowance or not... Like if they figured out a way to pass testing but have it deflect more in race conditions. 

Yep, but in the past when teams did this, they devised a new test to control it. This year it's 'Nothing to see here. Move along'.

• Like 1

Yep. Good 'no call' imho. Racing incident. Checo left very little room even though Sainz was clearly ahead. Sainz couldn't see Checo well, but Checo could see everything, and they both moved slightly toward each other. If I had a gun to my head and had to assign a penalty, it would be on Checo, not Sainz.
I think that was exactly the stewards decision. They said Sainz followed his previous lap telemetry almost exactly.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Red Bull can't keep Checo in that seat, can they?  Holy hell, now he's not only not scoring points but he's racking up millions of dollars of rebuild costs from binning the car.  He was already leading the Destructor's Championship before yesterday.  That will add another million or so to the tally.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Red Bull can't keep Checo in that seat, can they?  Holy hell, now he's not only not scoring points but he's racking up millions of dollars of rebuild costs from binning the car.  He was already leading the Destructor's Championship before yesterday.  That will add another million or so to the tally.

they should give Jos a shot.

On 9/15/2024 at 9:55 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

The Gus Johnson And Joe Tessatore school of F1 announcing. How awesome would it be to have Gus doing these races?

image.gif.2a44cd3778eec3acd9f93828dbfe4f5c.gif

On 9/15/2024 at 6:16 PM, wood said:

Yep. I still say Piastri is the next Alonso.

Great, unflappable driver. Dude is also hilarious with his deadpan one liners.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

cda8a1db8453fc756c543570e16a7fcf.jpg
My walk home has been fun. Note, I live about 2km from the track

My brother lived in Taiwan for 30 years and their weather could sure be nutty. One trip to Hong Kong we were the last plane out of the old Kai Tak Airport and the wind was blowing so hard it looked like our plane was flapping its wings. I was very uneasy at that. That whole Pacific Rim has some crazy weather. 

Hopefully it calms down a bit.

I'd like to see Danny go race IMSA GTP or GTD Pro if he's not going to be in F1.  Hell, I'd start watching Aussie V8 if he raced there too - seems like that would fit his late braking style.

Danny in NASCAR would be epic. I think he would do a better job than Kimi and a huge personality for it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

He could absolutely be the spokesperson for rbr racing and an ambassador to Red Bull sports in general I’d say. I don’t know how his ego and competitive spirit will tolerate that over being in the drive though.