The Boys S4

RPM

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Hard to not get into CR territory but holy shit, looks like more social commentary mimicking what’s currently going on in this country where there is a legitimate threat to democracy looming.

Fucking in for S4.

They ended last season with the Stormfront militia and a dude in Jan 6 head gear, so might as well just go documentary with a few superheroes thrown in at this point.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

They ended last season with the Stormfront militia and a dude in Jan 6 head gear, so might as well just go documentary with a few superheroes thrown in at this point.

Yeah, it was more than evident last season and fine by me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

They should have gotten Iconoclast to play Todd in episode 1.

On 6/13/2024 at 6:13 PM, BrazilHorn said:

So Frenchie is Bi now? Maybe this storyline will do something but if it is just a “look we have LGBT+ character so we are good” checkbox then why??

Frenchie isn't even the first gay character on the boys.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

4 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

They should have gotten Iconoclast to play Todd in episode 1.

Frenchie isn't even the first gay character on the boys.

I know. A LGBT character doesn’t bother me. Shoehorning this storyline in is just bad writing. I just don’t get what this arc is. Not the character that he has played thus far. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just don’t get what this arc is

probably because it's 1 episode into the season? Why would you expect to understand the arc at the very beginning? Something obviously else is going on besides him being bi, considering he said the situation was "complicated" and didn't want to get into it. You need to see more than 1 data point to know the trajectory of an arc.

9 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

probably because it's 1 episode into the season? Why would you expect to understand the arc at the very beginning? Something obviously else is going on besides him being bi, considering he said the situation was "complicated" and didn't want to get into it. You need to see more than 1 data point to know the trajectory of an arc.

I have watched three so far. Just seems like. Bolt on vs being an adder to overall story. 
Not that big a deal but just to me a tokenized gay storyline vs being genuine 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I have watched three so far. Just seems like. Bolt on vs being an adder to overall story. 
Not that big a deal but just to me a tokenized gay storyline vs being genuine 

it's not bolted on. For example in season 2, he indicated he was a throuple with Cherie and Jay. He caresses jay's cheek in that scene and calls him "my dorthy." Cherie even calls him "a little gay" in that scene.

Like, this is nothing new at all. We've literally seen him with other guys before in previous seasons.

The picture he looks at in his apartment after he sleeps with that guy is a picture of him and his former boyfriend and girlfriend.

6 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

it's not bolted on. For example in season 2, he indicated he was a throuple with Cherie and Jay. He caresses jay's cheek in that scene and calls him "my dorthy." Cherie even calls him "a little gay" in that scene.

Like, this is nothing new at all. We've literally seen him with other guys before in previous seasons.

Twitter is up in arms about it of course because people are too stupid to read between the lines (or just read the ones thrown in their face) for 3 seasons.

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Twitter is up in arms about it of course because people are too stupid to read between the lines (or just read the ones thrown in their face) for 3 seasons.

Twitter also thinks Homelander is the protagonist and our moral compass. Twitter is stupid as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Always has been

I must have missed. Like I said earlier, a LGBT character doesn’t bother me, with me having missed/forgotten him being bi prior it just felt like sloppy writing/development. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Everyone on this show appears to be on a coke diet weight loss plan.  Frenchie, the black dude, and omg starlight. She looks like she has aids now. Wtf. 

Yea she went and LA-d herself and looks like shit. Also you have to know the black dudes name 4 seasons in

Edited by Hank_Hill

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Everyone on this show appears to be on a coke diet weight loss plan.  Frenchie, the black dude, and omg starlight. She looks like she has aids now. Wtf. 

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea she went and LA-d herself and looks like shit. Also you have to know the black dudes name 4 seasons in

17053367503083.jpg

erin-moriarty-plastic-surgery.jpg

• Rage+1 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

17053367503083.jpg

erin-moriarty-plastic-surgery.jpg

I think she looked much cuter with some baby fat on her cheeks. Her cheeks remind me of heroine chic now, like an Olsen Twin. It's also kind of distracting to have a whole "women's power" character on screen who looks like someone succumbing to Hollywood's method of objectifying women and boiling their worth down to looks. It's as weird as in Always Sunny where Rob McElhenney famously put on 50 lbs in one season because he thought it was always ridiculous how as actors aged and got more money on TV, their character would get ridiculously more in shape and look better as they aged... and then he went and got plastic surgery and got ripped with a personal trainer a few seasons later in the exact same way.

like damn, this poor girl is unrecognizable here:

the-boys-actress-erin-moriarty-is-currently-going-viral-v0-wauuccq9hocc1.webp

36 minutes ago, RPM said:

73oO.gif

17 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I think she looked much cuter with some baby fat on her cheeks. Her cheeks remind me of heroine chic now, like an Olsen Twin. It's also kind of distracting to have a whole "women's power" character on screen who looks like someone succumbing to Hollywood's method of objectifying women and boiling their worth down to looks. It's as weird as in Always Sunny where Rob McElhenney famously put on 50 lbs in one season because he thought it was always ridiculous how as actors aged and got more money on TV, their character would get ridiculously more in shape and look better as they aged... and then he went and got plastic surgery and got ripped with a personal trainer a few seasons later in the exact same way.

like damn, this poor girl is unrecognizable here:

the-boys-actress-erin-moriarty-is-currently-going-viral-v0-wauuccq9hocc1.webp

So much hotter when she was cute, natural, and didn't look plastic. Sigh...

8 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

What is it then?  I don't know either.  Watched the first 3 last night, thought it was pretty bad and I love this show. 

I skipped season 3 but I’m gonna watch season 4, and I watched a couple of recap videos. Did Black Noir ever do anything interesting? Through seasons 1 and 2 I kept waiting for him to turn out to be some awesome badass.

2 hours ago, RexWilson said:

I had to Google what the thing on the table was with the Sage and Deep scene. Somewhere I missed the part she can heal herself. 

She lobotomized herself with that tool, meaning she’s no longer the smartest person in the world. And yes, I googled it. 😆

Didn’t Homelander kill Black Noir? Or Can he regen and he just ripped his guts out?

53 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I skipped season 3 but I’m gonna watch season 4, and I watched a couple of recap videos. Did Black Noir ever do anything interesting? Through seasons 1 and 2 I kept waiting for him to turn out to be some awesome badass.

Lol if anything he got more pussified last season. More backstory though.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Did Black Noir ever do anything interesting?

He has a ton of shit happen in season 3 and the animated series, not least of which being the revelation that he is the younger brother of the vought president and is old enough to serve with soldier boy, and that he covered up Homelander's first mission which homelander completely fucked up, which is why Homelander loves him so much. Oh, and also that he's basically missing enormous pieces of his brain and is essentially a child. And he died.

6 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

The original black noir is dead.  The new one is an overly chatty replacement version. 

Funnily enough, they're being played by the same person underneath the mask.