The Boys S4

RPM

An episode behind but the movie reveals at their Vought convention with Deep revealing "phases 7 thru 15" had me dying. 

Deep is prob the funniest character this season IMO.  Dudes blank dumb face just makes me laugh every time

• Like 1

It's grown kinda meh for me.  I find myself fast forwarding through scenes with characters I don't care about.  I still like some of the shock humor (breastfeeding homelander . .  . lulz), but the 1st season was great because of all the intrigue behind the supes' backstory and the vought operation.  That's all gone now, and the satire is so on the nose now that it's as ridiculous as the gore humor.  Satire works best when it's clever and at least slightly subtle.  

If next season is gonna be the last season (what I've heard), they should have just made that this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

It's grown kinda meh for me.  I find myself fast forwarding through scenes with characters I don't care about.  I still like some of the shock humor (breastfeeding homelander . .  . lulz), but the 1st season was great because of all the intrigue behind the supes' backstory and the vought operation.  That's all gone now, and the satire is so on the nose now that it's as ridiculous as the gore humor.  Satire works best when it's clever and at least slightly subtle.  

If next season is gonna be the last season (what I've heard), they should have just made that this season. 

That's been my other problem with this season. In the last episode, the Jewish space laser rant, "The female body has ways of rejecting pregnancy if it's an actual rape", and the politician who "can't be alone with any woman who isn't his wife (or mistress)" are actual things that have been said by politicians on a certain side of the political spectrum in this country in the last couple of years. But I can't blame the show writers for that. It's hard to write satire when reality is so ridiculous.

As a guy who hates both sides, I find it odd that they seem to lampoon one side MUCH more than the other. And what's with all the schlongs & butt's? Can we pretty please get a peek at Firecracker's warlocks?

• Hook 'Em 1

Amazing acting this episode. 

A train is such a vile piece of shit but I'm over here choking up at his struggle now. 

Deep is such a vile piece of shit but I don't want anything to happen to him bc he's hilarious. 

Also lol huey basically got sexuslly assaulted again.  He's had a rough go this season. 

Sucks we only got one more left.  

23 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

also much like when I  hear Stuck in the Middle With You  I think about Pulp Fiction I'm sure when I hear You Can Do Magic in the future I'll think about this  episode

You should be thinking about Reservoir Dogs.

I was laughing at starlight getting so upset at Hughie for sleeping with her body double.  But then recalled getting  in trouble for being unfaithful to my ex wife in her dream, so it's probably spot on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was laughing at starlight getting so upset at Hughie for sleeping with her body double.  But then recalled getting  in trouble for being unfaithful to my ex wife in her dream, so it's probably spot on.

Then Hughie gives this great monologue about how he could tell it wasn’t her eventually because she lacked the things he loves about her. Starlight rolls her eyes and walks off.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

So the VP is immune to homelander's laser, but can be pulled apart and killed by a V'd up Butcher octopus?  I'm gonna need some supe immortality guidelines.     

And the chameleon supe can get killed via rear choke hold?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/16/2024 at 2:12 PM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I'm thinking that's a heavy push up bra and not big uns.  

Confirmed via internet search, unless they've grown due to babies/surgery 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

So the VP is immune to homelander's laser, but can be pulled apart and killed by a V'd up Butcher octopus?  I'm gonna need some supe immortality guidelines.     

This season had me all mixed up on their powers, durability, etc

I think HL can control his laser strength.

I had no idea deep had increased physical strength.   And Annie was power less the entire episode but somehow choked out a supe that tossed Kimiko around like a rag doll

Also.. what was the deal with Firecracker being sick?  I thought it was hinting they snuck the virus in her hormone therapy, but by end of episode she was normal again, what was the point

Edited by BurgleBro

2 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

This season had me all mixed up on their powers, durability, etc

I think HL can control his laser strength.

I had no idea deep had increased physical strength.   And Annie was power less the entire episode but somehow choked out a supe that tossed Kimiko around like a rag doll

Also.. what was the deal with Firecracker being sick?  I thought it was hinting they snuck the virus in her hormone therapy, but by end of episode she was normal again, what was the point

All of the supes have varying degrees of super durability/strength. All of the Seven are on the highest tier with regard to that.

Yes, Homelander can control his laser strength, we've seen him heat up a baby bottle with it without destroying the bottle. He was just trying to make a point on national TV.

Annie was gradually getting her powers back over the course of the episode. One of her powers is super strength, so....yeah. She seemed to be back to full power at the end.

Also, the Firecracker bit was very clearly there to drive home the point (to her, obviously we, the audience, already know this) that Homelander didn't give a fuck about her despite her making herself sick by abusing lactation inducing medication so she can keep feeding him breast milk.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes, I am rooting for all the bad guys on this show.  It's a silly comic book show, not real life. 

Homelander, Soldier Boy, even the deep >>>>>> fuckboi Hughie or Mother's milk or Frenchie or Kimiko.  Butcher is OK at times.  The Boys themselves are honestly the worst part of this show.  

• Hook 'Em 1

That's fine I'm just never sure because there are a lot of genuine morons out there that think Homelander is the hero.

I'm honestly not sure anyone in this show is worth rooting for. But I guess that's kind of the point, everyone's fucked up.

13 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I wonder what the hell Ashley turned into 

My precious GIF

4 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

First thought was same, that she was virus infected by Butcher, Victoria Newman, ???. Now I’m wondering if the meds, which she said fucks with her heart, lungs, and immune system, might get passed via breast milk to Homelander, weakening him enough to beaten physically or affected by the virus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

So you're rooting for the guy who thinks the Nazis weren't extreme enough? Interesting.

I'm rooting for him bc he's beyond hilarious and unless you're a precog I feel, or at least hope, he's a giant wild card to make the final season totally bonkers

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Yes, I am rooting for all the bad guys on this show.  It's a silly comic book show, not real life. 

Homelander, Soldier Boy, even the deep >>>>>> fuckboi Hughie or Mother's milk or Frenchie or Kimiko.  Butcher is OK at times.  The Boys themselves are honestly the worst part of this show.  

Exactly..

Everybody in this show is a piece of shit except Huey.  Feel down right awful for him now. 

MM comes off as so likeable but yeah why did your wife divorce you he obv has grown up before the show started. 

13 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Starlight: " I cant believe you slept with her. How did you not know it wasn't me?"

Hughie: " Well after 20 times having sex and doing butt stuff that we have never done before, I realized it wasn't you because she said a couple of weird things in the apartment, found her keys really fast when you're an idiot and takes you 15 minutes to find them, and then finally she was really hot when you're like really cold all the time and said the same line that the shifter said when we freed her. We might also have had sex during the time period I was suspicious too"

Starlight not even 10 minutes later: " You are getting tested for STDs but I forgive you. Lets ride off into the sunset only to run into a boat in the road"

• Haha 3

On 7/20/2024 at 1:19 AM, Intercourse With Gray said:

Starlight: " I cant believe you slept with her. How did you not know it wasn't me?"

fav was Hughie being asked how many times they fucked....

and rather than lie... say 3 or 4.... fucking goes for it and casually says... 20?

Starlight: "Jesus I was only gone for 10 days"

• Hook 'Em 1

Where does Antony Starr go from here? 

He end up like Giancarlo reprising similar roles as character bits in movies etc? 

I'd like to see him in more stuff for sure but feels weird when Hollywood pigeon holes people after roles like this. 

I enjoyed the show. Of course,I enjoyed the comic series fifteen years ago. Part of it is due to being a comics nerd, and part due to being a longtime employee of the now defunct Vought (Aircraft). 

As the company was tanking, and the series was beginning, I asked the corporate lawyer why we weren’t getting paid for the use of the name. Did Amazon do their research and determine it was public domain. Was the rights to the name forfeited by not using it (the purchaser, Triumph Arospace, phased “Vought” out gradually)? Was it just a matter of Triumph Legal being lazy? We may never know. 

This is cool. Vought Retirees club restore old F-4s, F-8s and A-7’s. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1482266625152469/