The Boys S4

RPM

Posted (edited)

The show isn’t great art, not even close, but it’s great trash. Characters like the Deep being so pathetic and so monstrous. Sage is a great character. All the supes around her have no idea that she is the most dangerous, the hardest to trap. 

Does Firecracker have any powers, besides snapping her fingers like a cap gun?

Edited by statsman

22 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Where does Antony Starr go from here? 

He end up like Giancarlo reprising similar roles as character bits in movies etc? 

I'd like to see him in more stuff for sure but feels weird when Hollywood pigeon holes people after roles like this. 

He can always go back to Saved by the Bell reunion shows, although I’m sure Amazon paid him far more than whatever he got from NBC.

saved-by-the-bell-kellyzack_1200x800.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2024 at 4:05 PM, mr. sunshine said:

I'm sure when I hear You Can Do Magic in the future I'll think about this  episode

It’s almost like listening to Have You sever Seen the Rain and associating it with Hughie and Starlight, especially since they were in the official video 4 or 5 years ago.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/21/2024 at 2:06 PM, BrickHorn said:

The finale was great, but I also enjoyed the entire season. Much of the satire was too on-the-nose, but subtlety is nearly impossible when satirizing the blatantly absurd. 

It's pretty much reached Monty Python and the Holy Grail levels. Hopefully,  given another ten or twenty years we will be able to look back at it and laugh. Probably not. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've made it to the finale. I love this show but the gross-out factor was pushed pretty far this season. Several scenes made me squirm badly, probably the worst being the scene where Frenchie was cutting off Kimiko's infected leg.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, C-Man said:

I've made it to the finale. I love this show but the gross-out factor was pushed pretty far this season. Several scenes made me squirm badly, probably the worst being the scene where Frenchie was cutting off Kimiko's infected leg.

Worst for me was the spider dudes web hole.  

50 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Worst for me was the spider dudes web hole.  

Yeah, that was another one but that is so absurdly unpossible it doesn't quite hit like some of the other shit. It felt like this season was trying to go over-the-line just to go-over-the-line. There were similar scenes in previous seasons but rather than 3-4 truly shocking scenes per season, we got like 3-4 shocking scenes per episode.

56 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, that was another one but that is so absurdly unpossible it doesn't quite hit like some of the other shit. It felt like this season was trying to go over-the-line just to go-over-the-line. There were similar scenes in previous seasons but rather than 3-4 truly shocking scenes per season, we got like 3-4 shocking scenes per episode.

dude.... last season had a tiny dude going up a dudes dick to provide sexual gratification, sneezing, and going full size instantly destroying the guys entire bottom half with 17 pounds of blood flying all over the room. 

oh yeah. and the super hero orgy house as well. 

11 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

dude.... last season had a tiny dude going up a dudes dick to provide sexual gratification, sneezing, and going full size instantly destroying the guys entire bottom half with 17 pounds of blood flying all over the room. 

oh yeah. and the super hero orgy house as well. 

I remember the orgy scene. Forgot about the dickhole scene -- wasn't that the very first scene of the season. It'd been awhile since S3, I guess, so I'd forgotten. At any rate, seems like things really ramped up this season -- and maybe it was in S3.