2024 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

On 12/23/2023 at 11:38 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

I realize a few of my picks last year were retalitory. gonna have to take a few off.  Pretty sure Putin isnt going to die this year.  but that means Navalny more than likely will so I will replace him in Putin's place.  Taking off Ruggs, Rivera and Saban as well, 

This years list:

Shannen Doherty

Greta Thunberg (shes my young ringer. lots of private jet flying and she pisses off enough people to cause someone to go after her)

Dan Rather

Alexei Navalny

Jerry Jones 

Bruce Willis

Mick Jagger

Julie Andrews

Robert Duvall

Jane Fonda

in the previous 5-6ish years we have done this I had 1 correct pick.  2 in a year is odd for me. 

sad shes gone.

but I would love to be right about Jerry and Jane this year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

Tough day to be an 80's icon.  They come in 3's, who is next?

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Shannen Doherty

SurlyGator, you did this.

(and for the record, I think Heathers makes her more of an 80s icon than The Shining did for Shelly Duval.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Shannen Doherty

Wow, was just watching an old video of Conan interviewing Tiffani Thiessen a few hours ago, and that got me to thinking about Doherty and wondering how much longer she had left. I guess the answer was about 6 hours. 

Trying hard not to think about Willie right now!

10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Shannen was not unexpected but still hurts. She fought cancer with all she had. Damnit. 

IMG_1514.jpeg

Maybe now we can see that missing episode of Charmed.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Stella Link said:

Ken was a great guy, very sad to see him go so young 

• Hook 'Em 1

The older you get, the more deaths that you see. For someone who is ~20, most of the celebrity deaths of the past few days mean little.

Wait til you’re 65. Seeing folks die at 90 seems young.

No one really talks about how time accelerates the older you get when you’re young. Savor every bit of life.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

No one really talks about how time accelerates the older you get when you’re young. Savor every bit of life.

“Time gets moving from a walk to a run”

Patty Griffin

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Texzilla588 said:

If I had known I was going to live this long, the 70's & 80's would have been much different. Fucking fiddlers and payday.

2 hours ago, Marshall_Lucky said:

Not sure, but the Oregonian paper reported her raft was tied to several others, hit some submerged debris, capsized and she never surfaced. No life vest.

She was an amazing cook and a really cool gal. We had lots of mutual friends. RIP

That sucks, always where a life jacket on a lake.  I live right next to one (not even all that big of a lake), and like clockwork we get 6 deaths a year almost exactly as described.  The muddy water combined with debris is always the culprit, and it usually takes a couple of days for them to find the bodies.  It's so bad that search and rescue practices down the street pretty much year round.  

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

That sucks, always where a life jacket on a lake.  I live right next to one (not even all that big of a lake), and like clockwork we get 6 deaths a year almost exactly as described.  The muddy water combined with debris is always the culprit, and it usually takes a couple of days for them to find the bodies.  It's so bad that search and rescue practices down the street pretty much year round.  

Where?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

That sucks, always where a life jacket on a lake.   

Yes!  We just had a mishap a week ago.  My wife and daughter went out with some of her friends and their daughters for a girl's day out on the lake with a friend's pontoon.  As they were coming in to top off the tank, her friend got out of the throttle and one of the 8 yr old girls went over the front, funneled between the two pontoons and got hit by the prop.  Cut her thigh almost to the bone (luckily, missed her femoral artery), had a big cut on her head, and fractured her pelvis.  But she had her life jacket on so they were able to get to her.

Note:  had that been me going over the front, I'd hope I didn't have on a lifejacket in hopes I could get deep enough to be missed by the prop!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

She was on the Willamette River near Corvallis. Here's a link to the story if anyone is interested. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2024/07/award-winning-portland-chef-naomi-pomeroy-drowned-after-tubes-and-paddleboard-caught-on-river-snag-authorities-say.html

Wear the fucking life jacket.

7 hours ago, Burt said:

Yes!  We just had a mishap a week ago.  My wife and daughter went out with some of her friends and their daughters for a girl's day out on the lake with a friend's pontoon.  As they were coming in to top off the tank, her friend got out of the throttle and one of the 8 yr old girls went over the front, funneled between the two pontoons and got hit by the prop.  Cut her thigh almost to the bone (luckily, missed her femoral artery), had a big cut on her head, and fractured her pelvis.  But she had her life jacket on so they were able to get to her.

Note:  had that been me going over the front, I'd hope I didn't have on a lifejacket in hopes I could get deep enough to be missed by the prop!

Boat captain pretty negligent here. Life jackets are essential but someone at the helm who knows what they are doing is just as essential. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I worked at Hamilton Pool for a while, fortunately while the pool was closed for swimming. Drownings were nearly annual there before, and no more than about 100 people can swim there each day. It's insane to me that poor swimmers, or parents of poor swimmer, take no steps to avoid such things.

• Hook 'Em 1