2024 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

‘Hawaii Five-0’ fan favorite and former UFC fighter Taylor Wily dies at 56

6675e85684168.image.jpg?resize=1333,750

Taylor Wily, a former sumo wrestler who became known for his role as confidential informant Kamekona Tupuola on both “Hawaii Five-0” and “Magnum P.I,” has died, his friend and a “Hawaii Five-0” producer both said Friday. He was 56.

Wily played Kamekona on “Hawaii Five-0” from 2010 through 2020 and became a fan-favorite. He continued in the same role with the reboot of “Magnum P.I.” and made a memorable appearance as a hotel worker in the 2008 comedy “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.”

Before he began acting, Wily, born Teila Tuli, was a well-known sumo wrestler and UFC 1 fighter. He became the first knockout victim in UFC history in 1993 when opponent Gerard Gordeau's kick knocked a tooth clear out of Wily's mouth, ending the fight after just 26 seconds.

Wily is survived by his wife, Halona, and their two children.

Damnit, how did none of us have him?

Jacksonville, Florida, rapper Foolio, whose real name is Charles Jones, was shot and killed Sunday morning in Tampa, his lawyer confirmed.

Police were called to a hotel in uptown Tampa a few hours before sunrise, having received reports of a shooting at the address. Upon arriving at the scene, they found two vehicles that had been shot at in the parking lot.

One person, now identified as Jones, was pronounced dead, according to the Tampa Police Department. Three additional victims are in stable condition and being treated at the hospital.

Police said officers are still investigating the motive for the shooting and working to identify individuals involved. 

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

lead singer of one hit wonder band, Crazy Town, dead. https://variety.com/2024/music/global/shifty-shellshock-dead-crazy-town-frontman-butterfly-singer-1236047633/

If you ever watched any of the Dr Drew addiction shows, you might be surprised that he was actually still alive.

Apparently this guy was dating Soliel Moon Frye.  Music gets women man, that's the equivalent of Rockwell getting date Shakira these days.  

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

lead singer of one hit wonder band, Crazy Town, dead. https://variety.com/2024/music/global/shifty-shellshock-dead-crazy-town-frontman-butterfly-singer-1236047633/

If you ever watched any of the Dr Drew addiction shows, you might be surprised that he was actually still alive.

That is a name I haven't heard in a very long time.

The night I was detained in Nuevo Laredo (not arrested) went like this - I'm in a cab with about 8 people, plus driver.  We're so packed in this LTD or old Crown Victoria or whatever the hell it was, that I'm laying stacked across the backseat passengers, looking out the right side rear window.  Butterfly is on the radio and we're all loud-drunk singing along.  Two pendejo cops (I don't know if they were federales or not) pull up next to us, look over, and we're five feet away, staring at each other.  I see their expressions simultaneously shift from curiosity to something more sinister.

"you're my butterfly, sugar baby."

Nuevo Laredo cops pull us over, make us all get out of the car, and we take a vow - we're not going to separate.  If that means going to jail, we're all going together - strength in numbers - we know the Kilroy story.  I figure they're going to shake us down for our cash and send us on our way, or play soccer with our heads and eat our other organs.  Nope.

Cops tell us "four of you can get in the cab, four of you have to stay here."  So much for strength in numbers - four of our group jump back in the cab and take off.  I'm one of the four left behind.  Mf'er - I thought we were friends.

So, the remaining four of us walked, jogged and staggered out of NL that night, like some Hangover version of the Mogadishu Mile from Blackhawk Down.  We made it back to the mercado, got our bearings, and walked back across the border.  Slept in my buddy's 240.  This would be, give or take, Memorial Day or Labor day Monday, 2001.

In defense of my "friends" who left us, I had engaged in "relations" with one of their older sisters, and there were some hurt feelings.  She was the aggressor but he wouldn't hear it.  I think that dude wished ill upon me.

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah that’s one I thought was long gone. And I give him credit for 1.5 hits. He collaborated with Paul Oakenfold in a song that ended up in a Diet Coke commercial.

8 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

Yeah that’s one I thought was long gone. 

Someone very similar to him, a rock/rap guy with a big hit, died probably 2-3 years ago. I’m sure we discussed him in that year’s thread, ring a bell with anyone? Been driving me crazy, can’t think of the damn song. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0
Pretty sure he was also a Celebrity Rehab regular.