Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (Netflix, Summer 2024, Bruckheimer, Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold, Jospeh Gordon-Levitt)

atomheartbevo

27 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Supposedly we're also getting a Highlander, and Planes, Trains, & Automobiles remakes as well.

highlander OK I guess, hell there's been a million of them anyway.  you will never recreate PTA, not even close.  in general remaking any John Hughes film is a recipe for disaster

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

highlander OK I guess, hell there's been a million of them anyway.  you will never recreate PTA, not even close.  in general remaking any John Hughes film is a recipe for disaster

There can be only one IYAM

You don't want to see a PTaA with the Rock and Kevin Hart? How about with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore? I am disappoint...

• 6 months later...

Eddie singing “Roxanne” in the jail cell in BHC1 was better than all of the sequels combined.  Wait a minute.  That was a different movie 48 Hours.  Goddam not only am I old as fuck but now the Alzheimer’s is kicking in.  Next thing you’ll be telling me is Nick Saban quit coaching football. 

I’ll stand by the statement that Eddie singing Roxanne beats BHC 1, 2 and this Axel thing.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 59 Burst said:

That was an incredibly bad movie. 

If you remove the nostalgia elements.... there wasn't much left. Kevin Bacon was embarrassing. He was all but twirling his mustache from the very first moment he was on screen. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm a guy that loves bad movies. I enjoyed watching it but it was really bad. It was kind of like they thought the same type of one liners that were hilarious when Murphy said them on screen in the 80s were still cutting edge comedy. They're barely jabs today. I mean we thought a furry alien that ate cats and said stuff like Yo was comedic art in the 80s. Times have changed. 

Rosewood somehow managed to look worse and be more wooden and laconic than Taggart. And the dude who played Abbott...I mean he's normally a decent actor, isn't he?? Even he was not good. On my scale Marked For Death is a 9, and I give it a 4. But you're damn right I will watch the next one. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn't think it was that bad except the plot was pretty thin. Like @Red Five said, Kevin Bacon as a dirty cop was pretty terribad. I wasn't expecting an Ocean's 11 plot twist but shit was predictable from the very beginning. 

I was just hoping it wasn't another Coming to America sequel with a ton of recycled shit 

10 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

But it was, wasn't it? And the best part of that was by far the music imo. 

Sure, there was a good bit but I don't think they overdid it IMO. I even think they poked fun at the idea when he went into the hotel to get a room and started to run a con, then just said ahh fuck it, I'm tired. Just give me a room. 

2 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Sure, there was a good bit but I don't think they overdid it IMO. I even think they poked fun at the idea when he went into the hotel to get a room and started to run a con, then just said ahh fuck it, I'm tired. Just give me a room. 

I chuckled at that, and also when they were going through his file and hit the events of BHC 3. "Not your finest hour." 

• Haha 2

The movie was solid with lots of good callbacks, some of y’all just need to enjoy shutting your online brain down and enjoy some shit once in a while.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I mean we thought a furry alien that ate cats and said stuff like Yo was comedic art in the 80s. Times have changed. 

True. Now we laugh at cats that are aliens and use their hidden tentacles to eat stuff like people.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Red Five said:

I just wish that 

Hide contents

there were more scenes where Axel steals some type of motorized vehicle and a chase follows. 

The one on the little cart going about 3 MPH was funny.

scooter.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I mean we thought a furry alien that ate cats and said stuff like Yo was comedic art in the 80s. Times have changed. 

I'll not stand idly by while you sully the good goddamn name of Alf, pal. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Random trivia  - The role of Axel Foley in BHC (1) was originally set to be played by Sylvester Stallone. He refused to play the role as humorous though and pushed it to be made as an action movie instead. Paramount said "naaaah" and replaced him with Murphy two weeks before production began. Stallone's version went on to become Cobra, which was basically what he wanted BHC to become.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/4/2024 at 11:49 PM, Covri said:

The movie was solid with lots of good callbacks, some of y’all just need to enjoy shutting your online brain down and enjoy some shit once in a while.

Sir, this is surly!

quit donald trump GIF

I really enjoyed this.  I wish there was more of the iconic laugh though.

Eddie Murphy GIF by BeverlyHillsCop

Aw, it’s a lightweight summer entertainment movie.  I always wonder if Kevin Bacon needs his dosage adjusted on something or other. Some of the bits are pretty good-but don’t expect “Chinatown.”

better than I expected.  agree that Kevin Bacon was not good(and I usually like him).

the comment about 94 not being his finest hour was funny as was the decision on the Bronco rental.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, futureman said:

that seems unlikely.  where’d you read that?

When I googled the question when I posted, google’s top result was $274. Googling the same question today show $150 (confirmed by multiple sources). I didn't realize google’s top result is an AI generated response and not the top result/link. WTF. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainment-celebrity/beverly-hills-cop-axel-f-s-reported-budget-is-one-of-netflix-s-most-expensive-movies/ar-BB1pbDZV?ocid=uxbndlbing

Edited by ChickenSandwich

On 7/8/2024 at 8:40 AM, DallasHorn26 said:

He stopped doing his laugh on purpose because he didn’t like people mimicking him.

https://www.vulture.com/article/eddie-murphy-changed-beverly-hills-cop-laugh.html#

Can we enjoy Eddie while calling him over sensitive? He called David Spade’s Hollywood Minute joke “racist”. I believe the quote was “look children catch a falling star.” Zero racial images, dialogue, or undertones. 

You were the shit and then you weren’t. It happens. Get over it.