2024 Texas High School Football

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Either he's very good or 1st stringer is hurt.

Just checked in with DC's HS Football, SOC is behind 27-14 2nd qtr.

He’s really fast is what he is but doesn’t run much. Not a bad arm on him either 

27-17 about to start second half. Longest damn first half of my life 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Damn, that’s a huge upset. Probably Westlake’s first regular season loss in 6 or 7 years too

Huge upset?  Nah. Both are top ten teams in the state. Impressive to win by that much on the road, though. 

my Highland Park Scots are putting an absolute whoopin on Dallas Jesuit

Damn, that’s a huge upset. Probably Westlake’s first regular season loss in 6 or 7 years too

According to MaxPreps, the last regular season loss looks like 2019 at LT. They also lost at Cypress Ranch in 2018.

The last regular season loss at home was probably vs Liberty, NV in 2016.

They lost a district game to Bowie in 2014. It’s hard to imagine them ever losing a district game to anyone other than LT.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

SOC is a 5AD2 school, they are not mediocre for their classification. Will be a favorite to get back to the state championship game.

Not if they don’t learn how to tackle. Longview doesn’t have anyone special on offense. Still time to get better though for SOC

14 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Huge upset?  Nah. Both are top ten teams in the state. Impressive to win by that much on the road, though. 

my Highland Park Scots are putting an absolute whoopin on Dallas Jesuit

Agree, not a big upset. I predicted Atasacita might beat Westlake. 

13 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

According to MaxPreps, the last regular season loss looks like 2019 at LT. They also lost at Cypress Ranch in 2018.

The last regular season loss at home was probably vs Liberty, NV in 2016.

They lost a district game to Bowie in 2014. It’s hard to imagine them ever losing a district game to anyone other than LT.

We were losing to Dripping springs in the second half last year. 

Regardless, time for my default setting:

Someone call the police cause Westlake was robbed! 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

On 9/14/2024 at 11:27 AM, Duke Silver said:

Through 3 games against 4A schools he’s 45 rushes for 596 yds, 6 receptions for 65 yds, 12 td’s.  That’s without playing most of the 4th quarter in all 3 games. 

He's really good. Luckily, preseason 3AD1 #2 ranked Columbus with 5 Schobel kids with nfl pedigree had a coaching spot open for his dad 😆.  They'll be playing for a  long time this year 

On 9/14/2024 at 12:27 PM, Duke Silver said:

Through 3 games against 4A schools he’s 45 rushes for 596 yds, 6 receptions for 65 yds, 12 td’s.  That’s without playing most of the 4th quarter in all 3 games. 

My nephew plays for Needville. My sister told me that Needville could do absolutely nothing to stop him, and that they pulled him at half time.