2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

57 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You know how I can tell you don’t watch much golf?

Dumbass posts like that.

I watch as much as anyone on this thread. Someone asked why he’s not supported as much as Jordan on a UT board and I provided an answer/opinion. 

I'm just kicking myself for not going to Pinehurst this year for the Open, I'm there several times a year but I just can't go in good faith until my kid gets back from deployment in two weeks. I'm taking him to play there to celebrate his upcoming promotion to Captain before he leaves NC for his next posting.

Heck of a win by Scottie, that course looked so hard.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/8/2024 at 9:14 AM, alincoln said:

Memorial is one of their favorite stops on the tour.  So much better than all the Texas tour events and I have been to all of them.  

yep. jack tried to emulate the masters as much as he could.

The best part about Scottie dominating (outside of being a Texas Ex and overall great dude) is that he doesn't do that AimPoint shit.  His putter still needs work, but hopefully he never entertains that method. Watching dudes foot massage the greens on 3 footers is the worst. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Scottie is dominant as fuck. Pumped he's a Horn and represents the university well and I root for him every tournament. That said, Jordan is more entertaining to watch. Part of entertainment is experiencing all the emotions which you undoubtedly get with Jordan, as far as golf goes. Even in 2015 you got that experience with Jordan. 

I think that's a large reason for his following and why he's pretty much always part of featured group coverage and, I'm guessing, one of the biggest draws of the featured groups. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Tell me again why we dislike Jack? My specific beef is because he is friends with cheeto face.

That for sure. But I also think he's tricked this place out to the extreme. It's just missing a windmill. 

I may be in the minority, but I'm not a fan of this place. Same with Sawgrass - tricked out and silly. Same with PGA West (Pete Dye again...). 

Riv, Augusta, Colonial... Great tracks that don't need to be tricked out with crazy rough, silly "features", and length. 

28 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Scottie is dominant as fuck. Pumped he's a Horn and represents the university well and I root for him every tournament. That said, Jordan is more entertaining to watch. Part of entertainment is experiencing all the emotions which you undoubtedly get with Jordan, as far as golf goes. Even in 2015 you got that experience with Jordan. 

I think that's a large reason for his following and why he's pretty much always part of featured group coverage and, I'm guessing, one of the biggest draws of the featured groups. 

Speith hasn't been getting much featured coverage this year, at least on the weekends since he's rarely in contention. And fans will eventually move on if he continues to look like an average joe out there, which he currently is. 

Would love to see Jordan consistently compete again, but it won't happen if he doesn't get his mind (and putter) right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Scottie should be OK at Pinehurst because he hits it into the fairway which I’m told is easier to hit the second shot from than where I normally play from (the creek bottom, the trees, the cart path etc.). 

That tee shot off 12 on Saturday…

one of us! one of us!

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Speith hasn't been getting much featured coverage this year, at least on the weekends since he's rarely in contention. And fans will eventually move on if he continues to look like an average joe out there, which he currently is. 

Would love to see Jordan consistently compete again, but it won't happen if he doesn't get his mind (and putter) right. 

Jordan’s been in a featured group a lot on Th/Fri. Weekend, not so much.

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

IMO, It's actually his iron play that is abysmal.  check out his approach to green stats.  I think he worked so much on his driver that his iron play is out of whack.  his wedge play/short iron game used to be nails but he lost the recipe.   he is really at a crossroads.  He may end up being the new Johnny Miller.

the putter will come and go but he has to fix his iron game or he is toast.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

IMO, It's actually his iron play that is abysmal.  check out his approach to green stats.  I think he worked so much on his driver that his iron play is out of whack.  his wedge play/short iron game used to be nails but he lost the recipe.   he is really at a crossroads.  He may end up being the new Johnny Miller.

the putter will come and go but he has to fix his iron game or he is toast.

giphy.gif

I've been frustrated with how terrible his approach shots are now for quite awhile...  

Sure would be nice to see Spiethcoaster in the final 5 groups Sunday at Pinehurst.  🤘

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He's been part of Thurs and Fri featured groups every tournament he's played in this year and most of the Sat/Sun featured groups when he makes the cut. I'd venture a guess that when given the option, he gets picked for featured coverage more than just about anyone (Scheffler would be up there too but they don't put the guy leading the tournament into featured group coverage on the weekends). 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Jordan needs to get his wrist fixed.

agreed.  2 kids now, many millions in the bank.  

get it fixed get some time with the kids and rededicate yourself to finishing the career GS

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

So Rory isn't getting divorced after all. Hmmm.

48 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Next interview with Amanda should be good

Well maybe the solution to the problem is that they became a throuple; think about it ... I mean Rory can clearly afford to support a family like that. Next season on Full Swing is going to have an episode about the Life & Crimes of Scottie and then Rory and his sister wives.

And now back to your regular programming

TPC River Highlands hosting the Travelers Championship
It is a signature event, so big names are playing

Television: 

• Thursday-Friday: 3-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel).
  • Saturday-Sunday: 1-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3-6 p.m. (CBS)

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/40383172/pga-tour-creates-sponsor-exemption-tiger-woods-based-exceptional-life-achievement

Fuck this, lulz. They are gonna  find a way to have Tiger gimping  around the tour at the age of 80. As these are  non-cut  events, at  least he will be able to remember what its  like to play  on Sundays.